Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: T 300 - thoughts from users

  1. #11
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    It's very difficult to get an accurate picture of reliability by surveying a forum. The sampling size is simply too small.

    Having said that, I've had my T300 since Jan 2016, and it's still going strong with zero issues. I estimate I've got well over 1,000 hours on it. I've used it so much, the stitching on the wheel has worn through at the thumbs! I also have the Ferrari Alcantara wheel, which is 30cm instead of 28cm. This puts an additional load on the FFB motor, and still, no issues.

    I think there are two reliability "issues" with Thrustmaster wheels:

    1) Initial quality control - TM seems to have an "initial quality" issue, where wheels are shipped with components that fail quickly. These initial quality issues typically show up quickly, but once you're past a few months of ownership, you're clear & free.

    2) FFB durability - There is a lot of variability in user preference for FFB strength. The T300 isn't capable of the same torque levels as the T500, for example. So, if you're the kind of racer who likes strong FFB, the T300 might struggle to keep up. I tend to run medium-light FFB, so my fan rarely gets to cranking too hard.

    A third item that is kind of tangentially related has to do with pCARS, specifically. I've noticed that in AC, the FFB load up is way less linear. In ACC, the FFB is light, then you hit the limit and it gets heavy. In pCARS, I feel like I'm constantly driving "deep" into the FFB load. It's like the mapping of FFB in pCARS comes on earlier, and more linear. I've noticed that my fan runs harder in pCARS than it does AC, despite the fact that I run light FFB in pCARS (80 overall, 12-18 car-specific).
    I m expecting my new wheel in a couple of hours........ your thoughts are most welcome and will be taken under consideration when i test my new wheel.......
    I m playing project cars at the moment...... do you think the % of the force feedback level could be maxed in game settings and kept lower in the trustmaster control panel or both values should be at the same level........ what % of ff will keep the motor running ok for a long time, or in other words what is the limit the t300 can deliver the strongest ff and running smooth at the same time..... of course i m asking through your personal experience........
    Thank you very much for your post........

  2. #12
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    649
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by sillib View Post
    I m expecting my new wheel in a couple of hours........ your thoughts are most welcome and will be taken under consideration when i test my new wheel.......
    I m playing project cars at the moment...... do you think the % of the force feedback level could be maxed in game settings and kept lower in the trustmaster control panel or both values should be at the same level........ what % of ff will keep the motor running ok for a long time, or in other words what is the limit the t300 can deliver the strongest ff and running smooth at the same time..... of course i m asking through your personal experience........
    Thank you very much for your post........
    Happy to oblige.

    The importance of FFB settings really come down to the "net" FFB output. Whether you run max FF in the control panel, and low in-car settings, or the other way around, really won't matter to wheel durability. What really matters is how much force your wheel is actually generating. You'll be able to tell how hard you're working the wheel by how the fan is running. When I race for 2-3 hours, my fan will run, but it's not at full blast. If the fan in your wheel is blasting like a hair dryer, you're probably working it too hard.

    I also keep a small fan on my desk that helps keep fresh air near the wheel, and a fan in the doorway to circulate air in the room. The motor in your wheel is cooled by a piece of metal with fins on it. The cooler the air is in the room, the better the motor will cool.

    As far as settings go, I'm on PS4, so the settings available to me are a little different. There is no Thrustmaster Control Panel on PS4. I run the main FFB setting (in pCARS) at 80, and adjust the settings for each car in the setup menu. I started out running a lot of feedback, but I found that to be too "dense". I set my FFB to balance against my grip on the wheel, which I prefer to be a little on the light side. When I crank the FFB up, I have to grip the wheel too hard, and I can't ride the edge of grip as well. I prefer a feel more like a motorcycle, where you're guiding the machine, not forcing it to obey your will.

    This is all just preference though. You'll probably find that you like something a little different, and it's likely that your tastes will change as you understand the car dynamics better.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral
    Inside Sim Racing Wheel Buyer's Guide
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  3. #13
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    Happy to oblige.

    The importance of FFB settings really come down to the "net" FFB output. Whether you run max FF in the control panel, and low in-car settings, or the other way around, really won't matter to wheel durability. What really matters is how much force your wheel is actually generating. You'll be able to tell how hard you're working the wheel by how the fan is running. When I race for 2-3 hours, my fan will run, but it's not at full blast. If the fan in your wheel is blasting like a hair dryer, you're probably working it too hard.

    I also keep a small fan on my desk that helps keep fresh air near the wheel, and a fan in the doorway to circulate air in the room. The motor in your wheel is cooled by a piece of metal with fins on it. The cooler the air is in the room, the better the motor will cool.

    As far as settings go, I'm on PS4, so the settings available to me are a little different. There is no Thrustmaster Control Panel on PS4. I run the main FFB setting (in pCARS) at 80, and adjust the settings for each car in the setup menu. I started out running a lot of feedback, but I found that to be too "dense". I set my FFB to balance against my grip on the wheel, which I prefer to be a little on the light side. When I crank the FFB up, I have to grip the wheel too hard, and I can't ride the edge of grip as well. I prefer a feel more like a motorcycle, where you're guiding the machine, not forcing it to obey your will.

    This is all just preference though. You'll probably find that you like something a little different, and it's likely that your tastes will change as you understand the car dynamics better.
    Thanks again for your post...... All these are so helpfull........ now lets move to the more interesting things since the new wheel has arived.........
    Well i was surpriced in a possitive maner when i plugged the unit in...... i couldnt hear the fan working loud but very very smoothly....... in the previous unit which i had replaced with this one, from the first day or the first second i may be more accurate the fan was extremely noisy..... now i understand that it was working in full speed without having the game started....... so i m very possitive now that the unit was mulfunctiononig since development and i had nothing to do with misusing it......
    The force feedback in the control panel was at 75% as default and i left it there....... i also set the ff ingame at 80% which i d like to increase up to 100% since all the tutorials i watched about ff in project cars leave this setting in personal preferences...... i also know that there are various parameters i can mess with in order to achieve the feedback that suits better for me..... of course i understand as you say, that i will understand the game thoroughly as i keep playing and my preferences could be diferent as i go on........
    I only played for half an hour before coming here and everything felt perfect........ i hope it keeps running smoothly and i m possitive since i saw how the new unit runs without spedding the fan from the first second......... one thing i d like to confirm from you is that if i have the ff in the control panel at 75% i m able to max it ingame......
    Thanks again so much for all the tips and guidence..... sorry if my english are missleading in some parts but i hope overall i make sence....... i also hope the new unit keeps running smoothly because the product is beutifull and gives realism in driving and is so fun to use......
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland


  4. #14
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    649
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by sillib View Post
    one thing i d like to confirm from you is that if i have the ff in the control panel at 75% i m able to max it ingame......
    That's a hard one for me to answer, because I am on PS4. I would wait for someone on PC to answer, because they will know better than me how to set the TM Control Panel setting. I've never used it.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral
    Inside Sim Racing Wheel Buyer's Guide

  5. #15
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    That's a hard one for me to answer, because I am on PS4. I would wait for someone on PC to answer, because they will know better than me how to set the TM Control Panel setting. I've never used it.
    Thanks a lot for all the support.......

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts?
    By itzhipno in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-03-2016, 02:53
  2. Thoughts on NBA 2K16?
    By itzhipno in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-09-2015, 04:17
  3. Formula A Thoughts
    By Chese in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-07-2015, 05:32
  4. A few thoughts so far
    By JohnyHerbertLovesCake in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 11:34
  5. Please help us Wheel users and future wheel users!
    By SN1P3R SK33T in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-05-2015, 17:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •