Platform
    PC
    OK are you talking to me about being confused? -

What resolution is VR? [may seem like a dumb question - oops] -

Platform
    PC
    2160 x 1200
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Despite looking at the Oculus and Project Cars websites in details, I am not seeing this info...can you use the Oculus Rift on PC2 when using the XBox one? Thanks

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by eromain37 View Post
    Despite looking at the Oculus and Project Cars websites in details, I am not seeing this info...can you use the Oculus Rift on PC2 when using the XBox one? Thanks
    No. Xbox does not have any VR support. Oculus works on PC only.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Sadly, XBOX also came out recently to say they won't be doing VR because "no one's asking for it"

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Min required for Oculus Rift is HDMI 1.3 and 2 USB ports (1 of which has to be USB 3).. I know it says 3 on the Oculus site, but one of them is for the controller... which you don't strictly need... although I have a 360 controller hooked up anyway.
    SLI is not (currently) supported and probably won't be for quite some time (if ever, in most current titles).. so beefy single card is best (anything over the recommended, I'd hate to think how PCars would look if you tried with a 1050Ti.. stutter fest probably).
    VR is a trade off, visual quality is lower that a normal monitor.. but the immersion factor more than makes up for it. Try looking at a normal monitor with a magnifying glass... that will give you a bit of an idea of the "screen door" effect that you get... but you are literally sitting in the car and can look around, get a close up of the dials, etc....
    Hi,

Just for clarity in my simple mind - When you say VR SLI not supported, do you mean on Rift or across the board? And does that mean it absolutely does not work or simply, it's not supported?

Cheers.

Platform
    PC
    VR will not take advantage of the second card, so SLI has no advantage in VR.
    Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals, CSS SQ shifter
    OS: Window 10, 64 bit, Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti
    Oculus Rift CV1.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    Mine (HTC Vive) is connected to my PC through mini Display port (DP <-> mini DP cable not included with the headset, only HDMI <-> HMDI is included by default).
    My TV (not a PC monitor) is connected through HDMI.

Both OR and Vive use a native 1200p resolution (one half per eye). You could (in theory) use supersampling / renderScale value under "1" to get a lower resolution, but frankly, with the graphical downgrade in VR, I wouldn't recommand to push the downgrade further.
    And by the way, the native refresh rate those VR headset screens is 90Hz.

Currently, i'm not sure you can maintaining 90fps, even with a 1080 (don't know about Ti version), unless you select very low graphical settings.

VR still ask for a lot of resources, and the game engine wasn't probably built with VR in mind. That will surely change for the sequel but in the meantime, As Mad Al said, you have to make a choice between prettier graphics (standard display), and better immersion (VR).
    With my system you can maintain 90fps with fairly high settings.

As for better immersion, I also use a triple screen setup and as said before, a triple screen setup is very immersive. Almost like VR but with much better GFX of course.
    I always said, no more pancake gaming for me but since I have a triple setup I play more in pancake than in VR.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 04-01-2020 at 11:14.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    ^Heretic!
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: Cote Dazur