Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSWB 2.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Follow the link in My Signature... the down loads are at the Bottom of 1st post.
    I posted a Tweeker file Down Load it... The Tweeker file is used the same as JS tweeker file...Pics and Instructions are also in there how to install.... Also NEW PDF inside tweeker file Download with the Global and wheel settings.... as well as in Car Settings just incase you want to plug the settings in car by car.

Down load Tweeker File and test... I will be on My PC in 1 hour or so.... Post back and let Me know how you are getting along and i can help you.

The settings are super easy and user Friendly when you plug them in.... Make sure you plug in the Exact Global settings... Thats where all the Majic is.
    Perfect! Thank you. I'll be working on it!

Platform
    PC

Re post because of editing...Yup im home on PC Now...LOL

Originally Posted by Randy
    GrimeyDog - Can you post a link to the thread with this PDF and settings here? That would be awesome! Thanks~
    Follow the link in My Signature... the down loads are at the Bottom of 1st post.
    I posted a Tweeker file Down Load it... The Tweeker file is used the same as JS tweeker file...Pics and Instructions are also in there how to install.... Also NEW PDF inside tweeker file Download with the Global and wheel settings.... as well as in Car Settings just incase you want to plug the settings in car by car.

Down load Tweeker File and test... I will be on My PC in 1 hour or so.... Post back and let Me know how you are getting along and i can help you.

The settings are super easy and user Friendly when you plug them in.... Make sure you plug in the Exact Global settings... Thats where all the Majic is.

There are a few ways you can tweek the settings

1)If you choose to use the PDF to test/tweek each car individually remember you can adjust the FFB strength of each car + or - with the in car masters until it feels right for you The masters can be used at max 200 with no clipping

Note: TF= Global spindle master scale!!!(<---Master for the in car masters) This means that In Car Masters 50,100 or 200 to--> TF 75= 75 Higher masters just add more saturation of FFB forces...Lower masters reduce FFB Feel and saturation.

after you find you sweet spot then later on you can Edit the tweeker file if you choose and adjust the masters accordingly.

2) you like the feel of the settings as is with tweeker file but you want more curb rumble set RAC 80-->85 Do Not exceed RAC 85 this will put you in the clipping Zone!!!... RAC 75 Curb feel is good but you you Only want more wheel weight set TF to 80, you want more wheel weight and Curb feel set TF and RAC 80.

I recommend to start with on wheel FFB @50% and + or - as needed if needed to find your sweet spot.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Perfect! Thank you. I'll be working on it!
    Armin just put up a New FFB Motor FW in the same Fanatec Thread 3/4ths down the page
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 16-03-2017 at 20:05.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: charliev69

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Grimey~
    I have all the tweaker files in the folder (unziped, and extracted out of the inner FFB folder (copy) directly inside of FFB). I also set up my Options->Calibrate Force Feedback settings exactly as in the PDF. I have a question or 2 before going further:

1. My understanding is the tweaker files were implemented during Beta. Are they still active? meaning, does the PCars app still recognize and overwrite the settings in the released production version?
    2. If it does, and I load with them, do the in-game GUI controls have any effect if changed? I notice the car settings do not reflect the tweaker settings. Just askin!

Thanks~
    Randy

Platform
    PC
    Hi Grimey~
    I have all the tweaker files in the folder (unziped, and extracted out of the inner FFB folder (copy) directly inside of FFB). I also set up my Options->Calibrate Force Feedback settings exactly as in the PDF. I have a question or 2 before going further:

1. My understanding is the tweaker files were implemented during Beta. Are they still active? meaning, does the PCars app still recognize and overwrite the settings in the released production version?
    2. If it does, and I load with them, do the in-game GUI controls have any effect if changed? I notice the car settings do not reflect the tweaker settings. Just askin!

Thanks~
    Randy
    just put the tweeker file in the Pcars folder that's shown in the Pic---> re name the file FFB

the FFB setting within the tweeker file now Over ride all in car FFb settings... you can adjust all suspension settings except arm angle....any time you want to deactvate the tweeker files just rename the folder to FFB_Off

do you know how to edit tweeker files with notepad++ ???

Option 2 you can enter each file on a per car basis as you drive it and adjust the in car masters if needed...I like all cars at according to the settings listed in the PDF they all work fine for me...I use the same FFB settings, The FFB settings have nothing to do with the car handles...FFB settings only provide bump feel....

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    just put the tweeker file in the Pcars folder that's shown in the Pic---> re name the file FFB

the FFB setting within the tweeker file now Over ride all in car FFb settings... you can adjust all suspension settings except arm angle....any time you want to deactvate the tweeker files just rename the folder to FFB_Off

do you know how to edit tweeker files with notepad++ ???

Option 2 you can enter each file on a per car basis as you drive it and adjust the in car masters if needed...I like all cars at according to the settings listed in the PDF they all work fine for me...I use the same FFB settings, The FFB settings have nothing to do with the car handles...FFB settings only provide bump feel....
    Thanks! Yes, I'm a web developer by day, so I'm no stranger to Notepad++ =)

My intention is to not have to deal with FFB at all, and focus as much as possible on car setup. I know this is a simulator, but as such, the game should "try" to emulate real racing as much as possible (my opinion only!).... FFB represents forces on the steering wheel and pedals (which are my only points of physical contact with the car). Those forces are "reactive", not "adjustable", and should NOT have any influence on how the car reacts on the track. How my car is set up in real racing will be the only thing that matters. The resulting forces on the wheel are constant based on physics and how the car is set up.

So, my perspective is, if a simulator program wants to emulate real racing, it should focus on:

1. The car setup - fine tuning essential.
    2. The ability of the driver, and
    3. Managing the race strategy.

FFB should be constant, and programmed into the application for each supported wheel. Maybe have a master slider to adjust the overall force, but definitely no others. I'm sure others will argue the point with me. It's cool to have secrets that give additional advantages to those that can set up FFB, but it in no way reflects real racing. Those forces are supplied naturally and predictably, and are out of my control (well, maybe the kind of gloves I wear might make a difference!), and are how you know what to do to the car setup to fix/make the car faster, corner better, etc.

Enough of my rant! I really appreciate your help! So, I can make car setup changes that are not ffb related then. That's good to know!

Best!
    Randy
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Thanks! Yes, I'm a web developer by day, so I'm no stranger to Notepad++ =)

My intention is to not have to deal with FFB at all, and focus as much as possible on car setup. I know this is a simulator, but as such, the game should "try" to emulate real racing as much as possible (my opinion only!).... FFB represents forces on the steering wheel and pedals (which are my only points of physical contact with the car). Those forces are "reactive", not "adjustable", and should NOT have any influence on how the car reacts on the track. How my car is set up in real racing will be the only thing that matters. The resulting forces on the wheel are constant based on physics and how the car is set up.

So, my perspective is, if a simulator program wants to emulate real racing, it should focus on:

1. The car setup - fine tuning essential.
    2. The ability of the driver, and
    3. Managing the race strategy

FFB should be constant, and programmed into the application for each supported wheel. Maybe have a master slider to adjust the overall force, but definitely no others. I'm sure others will argue the point with me. It's cool to have secrets that give additional advantages to those that can set up FFB, but it in no way reflects real racing. Those forces are supplied naturally and predictably, and are out of my control (well, maybe the kind of gloves I wear might make a difference!), and are how you know what to do to the car setup to fix/make the car faster, corner better, etc.

Enough of my rant! I really appreciate your help! So, I can make car setup changes that are not ffb related then. That's good to know!

Best!
    Randy
    your Going to like it... We share the same ideas on what FFB is meant to do...it only conveys info about how a car is handling the Road!!! The Road is Static and the cars are Variable...meaning each car should be programmed with the same FFB because the road will Not change because you change your Car!!! that bump in the road is still there it will Not change its size or shape but will feel different per car because each car has different handling characteristics...this has always been my argument from day 1...Yes there are many who will fight with you over this simple and true concept...LOL.

how you described the FFB system and how it should be used in a simulator...i have had that same statement/thought/fact posted on My thread front page for almost 2 yrs!!! many have argued...

This simple truth quoted from my front page can not be Denied...

"Pcars FFB is supposed to be based on Pure Steering Rack Forces that Create the FFB Effects and feel

So the Question is i don't understand why some continue to promote the use of low in car masters why continue to kill the FFB at the source using low in Car Masters??? Even with in Car Masters 100, RAG 1.0, SG 1.0 there is no clipping to be seen in the FFB Graph and No loss of dynamic FFB range Yes there are many ways to tweek the FFB system... I tried low in car masters and it just really kills too much feel with No Benefit."
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 17-03-2017 at 01:02.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    your Going to like it... We share the same ideas on what FFB is meant to do...it only conveys info about how a car is handling the Road!!! The Road is Static and the cars are Variable...meaning each car should be programmed with the same FFB because the road will Not change because you change your Car!!! that bump in the road is still there it will Not change its size or shape but will feel different per car because each car has different handling characteristics...this has always been my argument from day 1...Yes there are many who will fight with you over this simple and true concept...LOL
    Awesome~ Planning to work on this all night....coffee is brewing! Best~

Platform
    PC
    Keep in Mind that these settings are Very Flexible... You have Total Controle!!! You can Set Fx,Fy,Fz,Mz & SOP how ever you want.... You can Set SOP Master Scale to Off if you don't like it.
    1 car too Strong Lower the masters 1 car too light Raise the Masters.... You can use In Car Masters 200 with No Clipping!!! This is because TF 75...TF(Global Spindle Master Scale) Sets the Total Power output from the in car Masters... In Car Masters Set the Saturation of FFB forces(in Car Masters Blend the Fx,Fy etc forces as 1 before TF) ... Ex: look at it like this You can turn up the Base(Fx), Mids(Fy), Highs(Fz) with your car Radio equalizer without Raising the total Volume of the system...Why??? Because the Equalizer is Not the Master Volume it just raises the Volume of the frequencies you want to bring out more... The Fx Fy etc and in Car Masters operate the same way.... They are all Pre TF(Global Spindle Master Scale) frequency adjustments.. this means that in Car Maters 100 + TF 75 = 75 Final power output!!! Low in Car Masters Kill the FFB Feel at the Source!!! High in car Masters just Give More Saturation of FFB forces and will Not Cause Clipoing as long as your Global System is Balanced Correctly.

RAG Sets the Power Limit of Forces working within the FFB system... Ex any forces that tries to Rise above its set Limit will Be Cut/Clipped.... Therefore you Must set RAC lower than RAG.

RAC Sets the point at which the FFB system Stops applying power to the FFB Forces..... Ex: A Fan will Not Stop Spinning just because you cut the power switch off... It will Keep Spinning until the residual power Dissipates....The FFB system is the same.... RAC will cut the power to the FFB forces but the FFB Spikes will Continue to Rise until the Residual power Dissipates!!! Therefore set RAC 75 to 80!!! 85 is possible but you are really pushing the Limit and FFB Effect forces will be Very Strong!!! RAC too High This is why people get Clipping....No using Higher RAG will Not Stop Clipping it just allows More power to Flow through the system unchecked and will actually Promote/Cause Clipping.... This Fact Forces you to use Low in Car Masters to avoid Clipping which will work But Low Car Masters Kill the FFB Feel at the source!!! That's like Having Head phones with a Volume control on it so you cut your Ipod Volume down Very Low while turning th Volume on your Head phones up....Then you wonder why you cant Hear the Music Clearly... Why You??? Because you killed the Volume at the source The FFB system with Regards to in Car Masters operates the same way

Note: Very important to Keep Fx at a Lower # Value than Fy!!! Fx is the Strongest Force it will TOTALLY Drown out Fy Feel... Test it and See... Set Fx to 10 set Fy to 50 then test... Then set Fx to 30 Fy 50 you will see that Fy feel -->Left to Right Grip/Road Feel is Less...the set Fx 50 Fy 50 you will see that Fy Feel is almost Totally Gone!!!

I made this post the other day from my phone...LOL...The system is sooo easy to figure out as long as you keep it simple....There are some who confound and confuse the FFB system for personal glory so that you have to rely on them to tweek for you...I have shared all of My ideas and knowledge of the FFB system and Give out the info freely so all can fine tune My tweek and or just tweek for themselves.

Platform
    PC
    Awesome~ Planning to work on this all night....coffee is brewing! Best~
    Let me know how you make out...let Me Know what you think about the FFB...i will be more than happy to help you get things sorted and tweeked if need be so that it feels best for you.