Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSWB 2.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well.....1 or 2 questions deserve more questions, right Grimey?.....

1. I have the CSW 2.5 Base, The Universal Hub for XBox1 (although I'm totally PC based). The 1st set of params in the PDF reference the "wheel" settings, which I take to mean the properties Application that launches from the Installed Game Controllers dialog? Anyway, you have these settings:

CSW v2 On Wheel Settings Sen Auto, FFB 75 , Sho 100, ABS Off, Lin Off , Dea Off, Dri Off,
    FOR 100, Spr 100, Dpr 100, BrF 30 or to your taste

The only admin program I have for my Fanatec setup is shown here:

Attachment 237217
    Attachment 237218

Am I missing an admin app for my wheel that would have all the settings above?
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Holy Crap! Nevermind.....When you said "on the wheel", you weren't kidding lol....When in doubt, read the damn manual!....No wonder I've been having so much trouble. I have to access the on-wheel tuning menu!....

DOH!

UPDATE: After reading the manual, I realized how and why I missed it! The V2.5 Wheel Base manual directs you to Universal Hub for XBox1 manual. The UHX1 manual references the fact that you "can" adjust FFB settings of the base, but NEVER explains what the settings are, or how to access them! Unbelievable. I was able to figure it out through trial and error, but at least a button combination reference or something would be nice Fanatec! Here are the directions to access the FFB settings on UHXB1, and how to set them (PC Mode, but probably works the same way on XBox1):

1. Set the wheel to PC Mode (red mode start+y)
    2. Enter the tuning menu by pressing the small black button just below the "F" in Fanatec (the LED display is now on)
    2. On the right side of the UHXB1 display press the right button (->) on the directional pad surrounding "A" once.
    3. Using the Up and Down (top and bottom) buttons, adjust the value desired for that parameter (ABS, SHO, etc)
    4. Press the right (->) or left (<-) buttons to cycle through the available settings and adjust as necessary.

That's it. Hope this helps anudder newbie like me!

Randy
    Last edited by Randy; 17-03-2017 at 02:33.
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    How are you Liking the FFB feel so far?

I use the 918 porsche Rim...I will be using My XB1 Hub this weekend... i havent used that in almost 1yr... The Hub is Heavyier than the 918 rim so you may want RAC up at 80 to give a tad more thump to the Curb/ Road Feel....also what car ate you using... I love the Gt3 Ruf!!! Esoecially for testing and tweeking.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS64 2017-03-08 16-55-29-88.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	237220Well Randy then it's a double DuDoh for me, thanks for the instructions! I basically just jumped in with the new wheel, still using Jack Spade's files for the G25. Some of my settings are Master 20, Fx 18, Fy 48(how old I was when I quit smoking), Fz 72(year I met my 1st wife), Mz 20. Sop scale 28, lateral 30 and differential 60. I use deadzone removal range 0.02 and falloff 0.01. Today my goal was to get all my GT 3 cars to 3rd place or better at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, so far I have 2 cars in 1st, 3 in 2nd, 3 in 3rd, 2 in 4th(BMW's) and 1 in 5th(Ginetta). I plan on doing my wheel adjustments with all of the information I have from you guys after the 29th of March. For now

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS64 2017-03-08 16-55-29-88.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	237220Well Randy then it's a double DuDoh for me, thanks for the instructions! I basically just jumped in with the new wheel, still using Jack Spade's files for the G25. Some of my settings are Master 20, Fx 18, Fy 48(how old I was when I quit smoking), Fz 72(year I met my 1st wife), Mz 20. Sop scale 28, lateral 30 and differential 60. I use deadzone removal range 0.02 and falloff 0.01. Today my goal was to get all my GT 3 cars to 3rd place or better at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, so far I have 2 cars in 1st, 3 in 2nd, 3 in 3rd, 2 in 4th(BMW's) and 1 in 5th(Ginetta). I plan on doing my wheel adjustments with all of the information I have from you guys after the 29th of March. For now
    I'm Going to Go get those times!!! I have 6!!! #1 times Watkins Short!!! Ford 2+2 Fast back, Renault Megan Race Car.. Set that with the v2.5, Ford Mk iv, BMW 320tc, KTX Bow ,and another BMW i forget which 1 i think its the Classic B or something.

whats your Gamer Tag??? What Cars did you use???

You will Never Beat that BMW TC time with JS settings... There is just No Feel to it you cant tell when the car is at edge of Grip!!!

Low Masters Kill the FFB at the Source!!!

Note: All My times are set with Stock untweeked car suspension....Not even tire psi or Down Forces adjusted!!! Straight Driving with Good FFB feel.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 17-03-2017 at 18:30.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Hi Grimey, what's "Gamer Tag"? GT 3's-Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Audi R8 Ultra, Bentley Continental GT3, BMW M3 GT(up to #3), BMW Z4 GT3, Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3, Corvette C7.R, McLaren 12C GT3, Merc-AMG GT3, Merc SLS AMG GT3, Ruf RGT-8 GT3 not sure about the Aston Martin Vantage GTE though although some include it in GT 3. Anyway 2 left to go, the Ruf at #5 and the Z4 at #4 and I meet my goal. Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile I think is a good evaluation track for your FFB, it has left/ rights, elevation changes and you get to pound your front splitter like Bathurst and try and recover in the turn. I just don't see how you can avoid adjusting the tire pressures considering the difference in wheel loading on this course.

Platform
    PC
    You're Right about the BMW Touring Car, I'm in 2nd. The person in #1 on the Horse Thief Mile is almost impossible to beat, he practically owns this circuit. For all I know he might be Valtteri Botas' driving coach.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    How are you Liking the FFB feel so far?

I use the 918 porsche Rim...I will be using My XB1 Hub this weekend... i havent used that in almost 1yr... The Hub is Heavyier than the 918 rim so you may want RAC up at 80 to give a tad more thump to the Curb/ Road Feel....also what car ate you using... I love the Gt3 Ruf!!! Esoecially for testing and tweeking.
    Love the ffb in the wheel~ But I can't get the V3 pedals to work at all. I've tried combined & separate. In both cases the Fanatec game properties app shows correctly (meaning the pedals register as expected), but in the game options calibration either none of the pedals register anything when pressed (v2 seperate settings), or when I set the controls to v2 combined (and connect the pedals to the base instead of direct USB), the in-game calibration registers correctly also, but when I leave the pits the accelerator is approx 25% on already before I touch the pedal, and I can't adjust that out in settings.

I'm hoping I don't have a defective set of pedals, but I don't think so because they test out correctly outside of the game. Not sure what to do at this point!

Randy

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi Grimey, what's "Gamer Tag"? GT 3's-Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Audi R8 Ultra, Bentley Continental GT3, BMW M3 GT(up to #3), BMW Z4 GT3, Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3, Corvette C7.R, McLaren 12C GT3, Merc-AMG GT3, Merc SLS AMG GT3, Ruf RGT-8 GT3 not sure about the Aston Martin Vantage GTE though although some include it in GT 3. Anyway 2 left to go, the Ruf at #5 and the Z4 at #4 and I meet my goal. Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile I think is a good evaluation track for your FFB, it has left/ rights, elevation changes and you get to pound your front splitter like Bathurst and try and recover in the turn. I just don't see how you can avoid adjusting the tire pressures considering the difference in wheel loading on this course.
    What Name do you game under or Steam tag name??...Example: all my #1 times on Watkins short say GrimeyDog

That way i can hunt for you and race your ghost

Platform
    PC
    Hi Randy, I'm using the pre-set CSW 2.0 with combined pedals, no problems what-so-ever, sorry you are having difficulty. I have my wheel base connected to a usb port on the back of my pc and the pedals connected to the wheel base, same as you. On my hub settings in Fanatec I don't have anything checked, just wheel 900 and ffb 100%. I also have the older firmware version.