Thread: On PS4 Pro, looking into PC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

On PS4 Pro, looking into PC

Hello everyone,

Currently on a PS4 Pro but very interested in a PC for a few reasons. First, if I get a PC with a 1080 card and a I7-7700k will I have the "problem" with graphics I am having now in that sometimes trees/fences/walls kinda pop-up and disappear trackside and in the distance, also in the mirrors too. It seems maybe the PS4 isn't "drawing " the graphics correctly or able to keep up, hopefully that makes sense. Secondly, the car mods are really cool! Third, I can get a direct drive wheel!!

Hopefully someone can give me some input into the PC/graphics side of things.

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Best idea would be to look at YouTube videos from PC players here - I'm pretty sure with the specs you mention that will not be an issue once you turn the visual settings up.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display BenQ E2420HD 24" LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

The PS4 version does have lower graphics settings than you can manage on a high end PC..

There will occasionally be a few odd pop ups even on PC, where the draw distance for a specific billboard or tree hasn't quite been sorted (or there aren't any low LODs), but generally you should get less of it on higher PC settings. There is also an enhanced mirror option which improves the quality and draw distance for the mirror.. a lot of people find reduced mirror quality annoying.
    Of course once you have the PC and a decent GPU, you will then wonder if VR is worth a look (it is!)... and then you'll find out that a PC is just a pit to throw money into..

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX750Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you both! Now I just need to finalize my specs on my PC. I don't care about looks or getting extra stuff I don't need. I just want the basics that will give great performance without all the extra fluff like pretty cases or LEDs (not that I have anything against that, just not my thing)!

Thanks again!