Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T150 Shaking

Platform
    PS4

T150 Shaking

Hi all,

I was trying out the community event on the nurburgring with the lmp1 car. On the straights the wheel would shake violently, however when I put any pressure left or right on the wheel it would stop and act normally. I tried exiting the event and restarting anything to no avail.

Anyone else experience this issue and/or know a fix?

What FFB settings and/or Tweakers are you using?
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.

Platform
    PS4
    I'm using default settings

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by khems17 View Post
    I'm using default settings
    Incorrect calibration of the wheel can cause it to do that, make sure you calibrate to its full rotation and see if that stops it?
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung UHDtv T300rs T500rs+Ferrari F1 add on, butt kicker 2, Playseat evolution, Playseat Forza4.

Platform
    PS4
    Quick update: I calibrated the wheel and made sure it was at the correct rotation. That did not help. I tried the same car on a different track and it's doing the same thing.

Platform
    PS4
    It's not a wheel calibration issue.
    G29 on default ffb settings does the same thing on LMP cars if you let go of the wheel down a straight. Could be a deadzone/ wheel position sensor thing that's inherent, though it goes away with some custom ffb calibration.
    Try some global ffb settings from http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse/ps4-14
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    G29 on default ffb settings does the same thing on LMP cars if you let go of the wheel down a straight.
    Why would you let go of the steering wheel on the straight?

But seriously, wheel oscillation is a well-known issue-by-design of FFB wheels under certain conditions. It happens because of how these wheels work. If it's not trying to do it while holding the wheel, just keep holding the wheel and don't make it into a problem because it happens when you do something you wouldn't do in real life when driving 300 kph in a race car
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Can't argue with that. Even a light touch keeps it steady and the oscillation doesn't happen.
    I need to stretch my fingers in a long race. One hand at a time
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: Remco Van Dijk

BTW pCARS isn't the only game showing this, I've seen it reported for any other major race sim.

Platform
    PS4
    Maybe a hardware/sensor limitation?
    Do high end/DD wheels behave the same?
    G29 settings.