Thread: Upgrade from Thrustmaster TX to Fanatec for XB1 worth it?

Platform
    XBOX1

Upgrade from Thrustmaster TX to Fanatec for XB1 worth it?

I have been playing Pcars on Xbox 1 for some time now with my Thrustmaster TX wheel and loving it. Lately I have been contemplating the Fanatec wheel. It looks like cost is roughly $1300 for everything I will need. However, is there THAT much of a difference going from the TX to Fanatec,? Will I be enjoying Pcars that much more with the Fanatec wheel? Obviously the Fanatec is a better wheel, but would it be worth the cost for the upgrade?

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I didn't have a TX but upgraded to the Fanatec for XB1 and you shouldn't hesitate to do this. I am on PC but it should perform the same. It is super smooth, you have more precise control. I set over 200 TT top times in less than 2 months also using some cars I hadn't run before and on tracks I didn't run much either. You have more control/settings over FFB, you can also change settings for FFB feel on your hub. My wife wouldn't even try to drive this game with my old wheel(G 25) but she tried the Fanatec and said how nice it was.
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I have been playing Pcars on Xbox 1 for some time now with my Thrustmaster TX wheel and loving it. Lately I have been contemplating the Fanatec wheel. It looks like cost is roughly $1300 for everything I will need. However, is there THAT much of a difference going from the TX to Fanatec,? Will I be enjoying Pcars that much more with the Fanatec wheel? Obviously the Fanatec is a better wheel, but would it be worth the cost for the upgrade?
    I have a Tx458/ T500pedal combo alsoXB1 Hub, V2 & v2.5/v3 & v3i pedals...unless you plan to Get Really Serious and buy a PC then the Tx is Good enough!!! in My honest opinion the XB1 FFB is Flawed.... While i can Make it Feel Good with My tweek settings the XB1 FFB Feel is Far Behind PS4 & PC!!! PC & PS4 FFB feel almost Identical but PC FFB is a Tad Bit more Detailed...

If its a Long Term investment with PC Sim Racing at the end of the road then upgrade but to Upgrade just for XB1...HELL NO!!! Also XB1 is almost at the end of its life Span and we dont know if current wheels will wirk with MS New Console yet so i suggest wait and see...If you Really just want to upgrade then atleast wait for Pcars2 to see how it doe's with XB1...There may also ve other Fanatec/ TM wheels coming out that will Drop the price of the wheels that are out Now.... The v2.5 is a Great wheel!!! But you will Never exoerience the Full beauty of it on XB1.... Unfortunatly the v2.5 will Not work on PS4 Pcars but the v2 works Great.

My Best advice and i own and tweek Pcars for all 3 systems to upgrade just for XB1 is a No Go.... But if your going PC then yes

@Blink... I dont even Let My wife Near My Sim Racing Gear...LOL
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 23-03-2017 at 12:26.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    I didn't have a TX but upgraded to the Fanatec for XB1 and you shouldn't hesitate to do this. I am on PC but it should perform the same. It is super smooth, you have more precise control. I set over 200 TT top times in less than 2 months also using some cars I hadn't run before and on tracks I didn't run much either. You have more control/settings over FFB, you can also change settings for FFB feel on your hub. My wife wouldn't even try to drive this game with my old wheel(G 25) but she tried the Fanatec and said how nice it was.
    Thanks for the info. I tried getting my girlfriend to play, but she does not understand that she needs to use the brake and then gives up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I have a Tx458/ T500pedal combo alsoXB1 Hub, V2 & v2.5/v3 & v3i pedals...unless you plan to Get Really Serious and buy a PC then the Tx is Good enough!!! in My honest opinion the XB1 FFB is Flawed.... While i can Make it Feel Good with My tweek settings the XB1 FFB Feel is Far Behind PS4 & PC!!! PC & PS4 FFB feel almost Identical but PC FFB is a Tad Bit more Detailed...

If its a Long Term investment with PC Sim Racing at the end of the road then upgrade but to Upgrade just for XB1...HELL NO!!! Also XB1 is almost at the end of its life Span and we dont know if current wheels will wirk with MS New Console yet so i suggest wait and see...If you Really just want to upgrade then atleast wait for Pcars2 to see how it doe's with XB1...There may also ve other Fanatec/ TM wheels coming out that will Drop the price of the wheels that are out Now.... The v2.5 is a Great wheel!!! But you will Never exoerience the Full beauty of it on XB1.... Unfortunatly the v2.5 will Not work on PS4 Pcars but the v2 works Great.

My Best advice and i own and tweek Pcars for all 3 systems to upgrade just for XB1 is a No Go.... But if your going PC then yes

Blink... I dont even Let My wife Near My Sim Racing Gear...LOL
    Thanks for the info. I actually read somewhere on here that the FFB on XB1 is not as good as it is on PC/PS4. I am not going to get serious with Sim racing. I like to casually play. I have zero plans to play on a PC. I game in my basement theater room and there is no PC down there and I have no plans to put one there.

I do have a PS4 as well. I am not opposed to buying Pcars/Pcars 2 for PS4 and a Fanatec for that if it is worth it instead of investing in the XB1. But I see you said the 2.5 does not work on PS4 and can only use the 2.0 on it. Would you suggest going with a Fantec 2.0 for PS4 and buy another copy of Pcars for that? I am in no rush, so waiting is not an issue. Even if I can scoop up a good used Fantec I would be willing to do that.

I see you are in NY. Not sure how close to CT you are but, there is a Sim racing place that opened up in Norwalk CT. It looks like they use Fanatec wheels on a PC, but it looks like they are using iRacing. I may head over there and try it out to get a general idea of what the wheel is like.

Thanks again.

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the info. I tried getting my girlfriend to play, but she does not understand that she needs to use the brake and then gives up lol.

Thanks for the info. I actually read somewhere on here that the FFB on XB1 is not as good as it is on PC/PS4. I am not going to get serious with Sim racing. I like to casually play. I have zero plans to play on a PC. I game in my basement theater room and there is no PC down there and I have no plans to put one there.

I do have a PS4 as well. I am not opposed to buying Pcars/Pcars 2 for PS4 and a Fanatec for that if it is worth it instead of investing in the XB1. But I see you said the 2.5 does not work on PS4 and can only use the 2.0 on it. Would you suggest going with a Fantec 2.0 for PS4 and buy another copy of Pcars for that? I am in no rush, so waiting is not an issue. Even if I can scoop up a good used Fantec I would be willing to do that.

I see you are in NY. Not sure how close to CT you are but, there is a Sim racing place that opened up in Norwalk CT. It looks like they use Fanatec wheels on a PC, but it looks like they are using iRacing. I may head over there and try it out to get a general idea of what the wheel is like.

Thanks again.
    If your Not in a Rush then i Definitly suggest waiting for Fanatec to Release the Official Fully Supported PS4 wheel... it will definitly Be worth it!!! Fanatec Gear is Great... The V2(500Hz) is Awsome the V2.5 (1000Hz) is Amazing and Awsome!!! My best Guess is Now that Fanatec has 1000Hz refresh rate Tec that the PS4 wheel will be 1000Hz also!!! Only way to get a v2 is used CSW Line Fanatec only sells the CSW V2.5(1000Hz) Now.... So its looking Really Promising that any New wheel will be same 1000Hz Tec.

Save your $$$ Just for Xbox its Not worth it... I was Hapoy for Years on Console but Dont worry once you get Hooked on PS4 Pcars Just Like Me you will Want More...LOL... I had No intent on Going Full PC but it was well Worth it!!! PC is Much Better, More Games and they are Better Cost Less $$$.... and what Ever you Do Dont Try PC with VR!!! Its Game over then!!! you will Run to Buy a PC!!! Playing OCars in VR you think you can Reach out and push the Buttons on the Dash!!! I dont even Press the LooknBack Button anymore... I Check the Rear View Mirror!!! LOL
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Does your girlfriend race online by chance?

(because she'd fit right in, haha)
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi ,
    I’m lucky to have both as I use the Fantec for my actual sim software for tracks I am due to race at in my real cars.
    TBH for something like p/cars I think the TX is more than good enough in fact I have had to send my fantec back two times for repairs under warranty and have used the TX while it was away for weeks the first time and found the TX on the PC after a lot of fine tuning etc was actually damn good , just turn down the force feedback to a more realistic number and turn off the vibration or at best run at 10 and it’s a damn good bit of kit with a TH8 shifter and the metal pedals that again need to be setup up correctly!. So I would say stick with the TX and maybe look at the pedal set as a great upgrade IMO.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toner View Post
    Hi ,
    I’m lucky to have both as I use the Fantec for my actual sim software for tracks I am due to race at in my real cars.
    TBH for something like p/cars I think the TX is more than good enough in fact I have had to send my fantec back two times for repairs under warranty and have used the TX while it was away for weeks the first time and found the TX on the PC after a lot of fine tuning etc was actually damn good , just turn down the force feedback to a more realistic number and turn off the vibration or at best run at 10 and it’s a damn good bit of kit with a TH8 shifter and the metal pedals that again need to be setup up correctly!. So I would say stick with the TX and maybe look at the pedal set as a great upgrade IMO.
    Thanks for the info man.

I am on the fence still. I am thinking about buying the Club Sport V2.5 for the Xbox. My main concern is. Everywhere I have read says PS4 and PC FFB feels way better then Xbox for some reason. Nobody knows if that will change with the Xbox One X. I do however have a PS4. If Fanatec comes out with a supported wheel for PCars2, I will buy the wheel for the PS4, if not I will get it for the Xbox.

-On a side note. What cars do you race in the real world and where?

Platform
    PC
    I would use that $$ and build/buy a PC. You will not regret it. and Your TX will work on the PC and NO DUPLICATE BUTTONS!!!!
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula Black Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    I would use that $$ and build/buy a PC. You will not regret it. and Your TX will work on the PC and NO DUPLICATE BUTTONS!!!!

Originally I was a solid NO on building a PC. I am not that hardcore with Pcars2 to invest $2000ish on a PC right now to play one game. My other hurdle is, I play in a dedicated theater room. So integrating the PC into the room would be another challenge. If I get it for Xbox, atleast I can use it for PCars2, FM7, Dirt4, etc.

It looks like I can get the Fanatec for Xbox Competition pack with the CS 2.5 base for $680 which isnt too bad. But like Grimey said, it is not worth it on the Xbox One, but the question is will the One X be better?