Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Down 9,999 to Go

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I banned myself from Project Cars for a while but I didn't get any better. Life is good so might as well play
    Since I blew up my set-ups and had to start over I thought if I could give one page of the car set-ups for a track a reasonable test that this might help other people who might be confused about which direction to go and they might enjoy that track a little more.
    Recently I picked Dubai Autodrome National and the page I am working on is the camber page. I tried the default camber and for me there was just way too much for this track. Where I ended up is -1.7 camber for the front and 0.0 for the rear camber (or as low as the camber setting is allowed, some cars are -0.9 minimum for example). I move all the caster sliders full left, and toe is always -0.1 front and +0.1 rear just because I see these a lot and it's too much for me to test these as variables. I set my steering ratio to around 6.4, it works for my limited arm movement. I have been having some success with a few cars. I have set the WR for the Aston Martin DBR1-2, and the Vantage GT3, GTE and GT4. I set the WR for the Toyota TS040 Hybrid at 1:11:687 which I think is pretty good for this car, it is faster than the times posted for the Audi's. I have set the WR for both the Pagani Zonda R and the Revolucion. I think that some of the settings for the National circuit will transfer to the International as well so I'll try this after I am done with the National and Club circuits. I noticed a few of the ghost cars are taking the turn too wide for the last straight and losing time and compromising their set up to run wide. Follow Simulant's ghost in the road cars and see where he puts his cars (there is a reason he is always at the top). Attached is my "Camber" page.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS64 2017-06-20 17-11-28-35.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	238244

Platform
    PC
    Best of luck mate thats a daunting job
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4
    Steering 6.4:1 is super quick.
    12:1 feels right for the G29 but I prefer 13.5-15:1.

You can 0 the toe angles if the handling is good.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Xraider

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have enough runs now to offer some suggestions for Dubai.
    The results for GT3 Dubai National are as follows-Aston Martin Vantage 1st, Aston Martin Vantage GTE 1st, Audi R8 LMS Ultra 1st, Bentley Continental GT3 1st, BMW GT3 1st, BMW Z4 GT3 2nd, Cadillac ATSV.R GT3 4th, Corvette C7.R GT3 3rd, Ginetta G55 GT3 7th, McLaren 12C Gt3 4th, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 2nd, Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS GT3 1st, Ruf RGT-8 GT3 4th. Additionally there were 15 additional WR's with various other cars, 10 2nd place runs, 6 3rd, 1 9th and 1 14th.

No changes to the car set-ups were made for the GT3 Dubai Club runs. The results are as follows-Aston Martin Vantage 3rd, Aston Martin Vantage GTE 2nd, Audi R8 LMS Ultra 2nd, Bentley Continental GT3 3rd, BMW GT3 11th, BMW Z4 GT3 4th, Cadillac ATSV.R GT3 2nd, Corvette C7.R GT3 1st, Ginetta G55 GT3 4th, McLaren 12C Gt3 10th, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 3rd, Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS GT3 2nd, Ruf RGT-8 GT3 4th. The car set-ups need to be optimized for this track for improvement in times, even the tire pressures need adjustment, brake balance, down force and weight balance would help as well. Some of the cars had such severe tire heating only 1 lap could be run so you really need to nail the braking with the cold brakes going into the first turn to get a good time. Other cars produced similar results to the GT3's, a few WR's but I think I was able to improve most of my previous PB's.

No changes were made to the car set-ups for Dubai Autodrome International. The results are as follows- Aston Martin Vantage 7th, Audi R8 LMS Ultra 14th, Bentley Continental GT3 4th, BMW GT3 11th, BMW Z4 GT3 15th, Corvette C7.R GT3 5th, Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS GT3 6th, Ruf RGT-8 GT3 26th. I didn't run all the GT3 cars here but the ones I ran I improved my previous PB's. It would take more car adjustments to run well on this track with the GT3's. I think the -1.7 camber is fine but downforce needs to be adjusted and possibly suspension modifications to optimize times. Using the Dubai National set-up for the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM resulted in a nearly 4 tenths improvement of WR while the RWD P30 LMP1 was considerably slower than previous PB so you would need to optimize your car set-ups for this track. I think that the se-ups for Dubai International could transfer over to the Dubai GP circuit, I'll make a few test runs to see but I am mostly done with my testing here. I would recommend doing your base set-up at Dubai National and then tweaking for the other tracks if you are interested in running the Dubai tracks.

I did some other testing, I took the Dubai National Radical SR8-RX set-up to the Sonoma Raceway Short track ran 3rd without adjusting so maybe I will go the and work on the Sonoma tracks.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Update for Dubai GP track, Bentley Speed 8 improved to 4th (tire pressure change and reduced front downforce), Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM new WR (no change from National track).
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Oh well, my game broke so I might as well give an update on the -1.7 camber testing at the Dubai tracks. Of the approximately 134 TT runs made there were 41 WR's set, 31 2nd's, 29 3rds, 11 4ths, 4 6th's, 4 7th's 4 9th's and 10 more runs between 10th and 20th. Most of the runs were made on the National and International circuits. I didn't do very many runs on the Club circuit because I dislike/hate this track, it beats me up, my reflexes are no longer good enough to manage the quick right then right into the uphill chicane. I had to stop working on the GP circuit because it quickly became apparent that I would need more than just downforce, brake bias and weight adjustments (only 1 WR, 1 2nd and 3 3rds here out of 12 runs). There are some cars that could use more camber here, The Dallara, 98T and Ford Capri run slightly quicker with -3.4 camber and you could assume any of the open wheel cars could do better with more camber but I haven't confirmed this. I wasn't able to continue the testing of the caster but for myself I am going to minimize the caster on the prototypes and just leave the rest at default. I learned doing this testing, improved nearly all of my previous PB's, a lot more of my cars are set up now. I took the Audi R8 LMS Ultra and Bentley Speed 8 to Silverstone and National and set WR's there which had previously escaped me for nearly a year.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Before you play with caster, have a look at this video:

https://youtu.be/d0voTx7AuZQ

It's a great channel.

I the the dynamic camber effect of caster is negligible in an LMP or formula car with very little roll and very little steering angle everywhere except Monaco/azure.
    It could just come down to driver preference as the biggest effect of caster is steering "weight" and self-centering. The front wheels will want to track straight/ direction of travel during oversteer.
    So if you're lacking counter-steer feel, caster is your friend. Personally: more so than SoP ffb.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Using the suspension settings from Dubai National for -1.7 camber I went to Nurburgring Short and changed to -3.4 camber. I made 29 TT runs, 10 WR's, 6 2nd's, 8 3rd's, 1 5th, 2 6th's 1 7th and 1 10th. I only made 1 GP run, 6th with the Speed 8. The Sprint runs were 1 2nd, 4 3rd's 1 4th, 1 6th, 1 15th and a 16th. Mullenbach 1 WR with the Speed 8. At Hockenhiem Short with -3.4 camber there 6 WR's, 10 2nd's, 2 3rd's 7 4th's, 1 5th, 16th, 17th, 1 8th, 1 11th, 2 12th's and 1 21st. National was 1 WR, 1 3rd and 1 4th. GP was 1 5th and 1 10th. Watkin's Glen Short was 1 4th, 1 5th and 1 8th. California Highway Stage 1 was 2 WR's, 1 2nd and 2 4th's while Stage 2 was 1 WR, 1 2nd and 1 6th. The -3.4 camber also works for me at Brno, Bugatti, Mojave, Laguna Seca, Oshersleben, Oulton Park, Sliverstone International, Sonoma, Zhuhai and Zolder.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Rebuilding my car tunes and thought I'd try something different. Never ran this Merc before at Dubai National (it's been my experience that if the car works here it will work other tracks as well) it's in second behind, Simulant #1, after 2 laps so the car gets faster with more laps. Just need to be really easy on the brakes with the rear bias. -1.7 camber works pretty good on the old cars too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS64 2017-07-11 18-56-02-39.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	238516
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Dubai National is really worth the game!