Thread: Stoopid Challenges

Platform
    PC

Stoopid Challenges

I'd like to invite anyone who is interested to join a racing group that we have going.

This one's a bit different to what you may have seen before in that we have a website and a windows program that automatically sends your lap times to the website.

We're currently running bi-weekly races and have a league table system for which the winner receives a virtual gold cup and the never-ending admiration of the other races.

I'd like everyone to run with the same car as much as possible, so we like to keep the cars untinkered with and driving aids on Real.

Another thing we do to try and give everyone a fighting chance of being in the mix is we have a boost system, I get all the data you've sent to the website and apply a 'boost' to your time according to how far off the lead you are.

You can be on any platform/console, but the PCLapUpdater that sends the times to the website does need to be on a windows PC anywhere on your home network.

Nearly forgot, PCLapUpdater talks to you and tells you how far ahead or behind you are at every sector. Those of a sensitive disposition and under 16 should NOT click the Tourettes mode, I just wanted to see if the voice synthesiser could swear and the answer to that is yes.

I also upload the telemetry data so that you can compare your best lap to someone else's and see where you're losing time, people love that bit :-)

I'm not allowed to post any images or urls on the forum yet, so I can't show you what it looks like at the moment I'm afraid.

After all that if you want to join up just message me through this forum.
    Last edited by mark7389; 09-04-2017 at 16:00.

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCLapUPPic.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	237299

Just in case anyone is worried about the software, I've been using this for a while and it's genuine. It allows cross platform time trials (not actual races) without the need to upload pictures to forums or fill in tables. It also check lap validity and as we always use "Real" aids it validates that too. The graphs are really useful in spotting where you are losing time. If you're worried about the handicap, there is the option to switch it off.

Mark is always looking for ways to improve things, so I'm sure any ideas would be well received. Jump in and give it a go. It's all good fun.
    Last edited by born2bslow; 26-03-2017 at 17:25.
    Game Rig: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 | 12GB RAM | Intel Xeon X5670 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX980ti | 3x 24" LED monitors | Oculus Rift | Thrustmaster T500RS | Windows 10 | GT Omega Pro Cockpit