Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Pcars2 questions in relation to Pcars

Platform
    PC

Some Pcars2 questions in relation to Pcars

I'm finally getting well stuck into the career (ok so a few games pulled me away mainly Elite: Dangerous for a whole sodding year then some motorbikes games), but anyhoo Im back at the career and was wondering if a few things are fixed for Pcars 2.

Donington start finish line for one, is that correct in 2?

Also I'm not liking the rolling starts at all in Pcars, far too often I'm dumped mid corner in control with no idea how much steering to apply (yes I sort of steer with the Ai but sometimes it's not ideal). Can someone say if the rolling starts give the player control in a better area (or even better give us control for the lap to warm up the brakes a bit?!!).

I'm also hoping for better weather info too (UI and from the pits), the weather is such an awesome part of the game but getting a radio message that rain is forecast to fall in 30 mins after I'd done 3-4 laps in pouring rain was a tad off putting!! In relation to this the wets in Pcars seem a bit too durable when the track is dry, no idea if this is right but it doesn't quite jive with what little I do know, I can do many laps at a decent pace even at high temps...how is this in Pcars2?

I am SO regretting not getting involved for the sequel, but I actually stopped playing Pcars soon after it was released because I was played out "testing" the game so thought it'd be better to wait and get stuck in once the sequel is released. As I say not sure if I'm agreeing with past self!!
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    In short... all of your wishes should be granted
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Leper Messiah

Platform
    PS4
    2 was answered as a positive on GTPlanet.
    The following user likes this Post: Leper Messiah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    In short... all of your wishes should be granted
    Thanks Roger, any details? or is it still NDA stuff? Did I mention my regret at not getting involved for PC2?

Quote Originally Posted by RacingAtHome View Post
    2 was answered as a positive on GTPlanet.
    Many thanks, can you link to the thread?
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I'm finally getting well stuck into the career (ok so a few games pulled me away mainly Elite: Dangerous for a whole sodding year then some motorbikes games), but anyhoo Im back at the career and was wondering if a few things are fixed for Pcars 2.

Donington start finish line for one, is that correct in 2?

Also I'm not liking the rolling starts at all in Pcars, far too often I'm dumped mid corner in control with no idea how much steering to apply (yes I sort of steer with the Ai but sometimes it's not ideal). Can someone say if the rolling starts give the player control in a better area (or even better give us control for the lap to warm up the brakes a bit?!!).

I'm also hoping for better weather info too (UI and from the pits), the weather is such an awesome part of the game but getting a radio message that rain is forecast to fall in 30 mins after I'd done 3-4 laps in pouring rain was a tad off putting!! In relation to this the wets in Pcars seem a bit too durable when the track is dry, no idea if this is right but it doesn't quite jive with what little I do know, I can do many laps at a decent pace even at high temps...how is this in Pcars2?

I am SO regretting not getting involved for the sequel, but I actually stopped playing Pcars soon after it was released because I was played out "testing" the game so thought it'd be better to wait and get stuck in once the sequel is released. As I say not sure if I'm agreeing with past self!!
    Not sure where in this thread it was answered exactly, but here is the link to the Q&A with Ian Bell on GTPlanet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...dating.353715/

He and "THeOwl" and "The_American" have been answering many questions there. Both TheOwl and The_American are SMS employees, but out fo respect for their privacy I will NOT confirm who they really are (I figure if they wanted people to know they would have used their real names)

In regards to your question on Rolling Starts, it has been confirmed that the following will be under FULL driver manual control:

- Formation lap/rolling start
    - Pit lane manual control
    - Cool down lap

All have the option to use Manual player control or automated control. For my league, we will use manual control for all of it

In regards to the weather, there has also been a lot of discussion around that in the above thread on GTPlanet. LiveTrack 3.0 brings so many changes that I am certain your concerns will have been mostly addressed around that. It does appear that the Career weather is still currently "scripted", but even that may change based on some comments form The_American. They are looking at the possibility of adding some randomness to it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that due to how late in the cycle the game already is (just my opinion).

As to the questions on Donington Start/Finish line, I can't answer that.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 7 users likes this Post: cluck, hkraft300, Konan, Leper Messiah, RacingAtHome, Roger Prynne, Sankyo

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Wonder why they didn't go for random weather this time. I'm pretty sure scripted was a design decision in pc1, but again now?. They might have found a problem or something if going for random weather in career when they repeated again

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Not sure where in this thread it was answered exactly, but here is the link to the Q&A with Ian Bell on GTPlanet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...dating.353715/

He and "THeOwl" and "The_American" have been answering many questions there. Both TheOwl and The_American are SMS employees, but out fo respect for their privacy I will NOT confirm who they really are (I figure if they wanted people to know they would have used their real names)

In regards to your question on Rolling Starts, it has been confirmed that the following will be under FULL driver manual control:

- Formation lap/rolling start
    - Pit lane manual control
    - Cool down lap

All have the option to use Manual player control or automated control. For my league, we will use manual control for all of it

In regards to the weather, there has also been a lot of discussion around that in the above thread on GTPlanet. LiveTrack 3.0 brings so many changes that I am certain your concerns will have been mostly addressed around that. It does appear that the Career weather is still currently "scripted", but even that may change based on some comments form The_American. They are looking at the possibility of adding some randomness to it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that due to how late in the cycle the game already is (just my opinion).

As to the questions on Donington Start/Finish line, I can't answer that.
    Cheers F1, I'll have a butchers at that thread in a mo...meantime excellent news about manual control! Although I do really hope the scripted weather does get replaced with a player choice or random option. Is it fair to assume weather is now a bit more "organic" (for want of a better word) and more realistic? I'm a huge fan of the weather in PC but not the system of just 2 weather systems in career and the game alternating between the two.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    I wish I could tell you about the weather, but I don't know myself. I do know that Ian and "The_American", have confirmed that with LiveTrack 3.0 there will be cases of localized weather on larger tracks like Spa and Le Mans, so I am hopeful that the weather system is vastly improved.

There are also weather elements that now impact the car that did not before, such as wind. Cross winds, tail winds, etc.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Leper Messiah, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    I wish I could tell you about the weather, but I don't know myself. I do know that Ian and "The_American", have confirmed that with LiveTrack 3.0 there will be cases of localized weather on larger tracks like Spa and Le Mans, so I am hopeful that the weather system is vastly improved.

There are also weather elements that now impact the car that did not before, such as wind. Cross winds, tail winds, etc.
    Many thanks F1, sounds fricken awesome and I can't wait!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    Wonder why they didn't go for random weather this time. I'm pretty sure scripted was a design decision in pc1, but again now?. They might have found a problem or something if going for random weather in career when they repeated again
    I can't remember the exact reason for this, but for one scripted weather allows for showcasing the game w.r.t. weather, and choosing 'interesting' car/track/weather combinations (and preventing bad combinations). Not sure whether there are any other reasons, but I don't think a technical problem dictated the choice.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman