Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alright, I admit, that rallycross trailer looks amazing.

Platform
    XBOX1

Alright, I admit, that rallycross trailer looks amazing.

So hi, I haven't been on this forum for a long while. All I wanted to say is GG to the SMS marketing team. Rallycross looks amazing
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, Aldo Zampatti, bmanic, Diluvian, Ian Bell, Konan, proterra1

Platform
    PS4
    Guess that means I'll be shelling out money for a handbrake...
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines.

PSN: LttleBunnyFuFu
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, EmilGlockner

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    ...actually the drivers prefer not to use the handbrake but adjust their regular ones...
    Money saving tip...i'll take 10% thanks...lol
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    if the drifting model plays just as good and realistic as it seems in the gameplay, then you should be able to initiate a slide by just powersliding, which btw is what rally drivers do rather than handbraking around. Wrx pilots kinda drive their extremely powerful cars a similar way when drifting through corners.

If that good the physics, then you could also deviate braking power to the rear wheels and loose your tail easier, similar to the handbrake effect, which is also another real life wrx pilot preference (not in rallies though)

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The suspension modelling and weight transfers look very impressive. And the controllable slides make me think that the tyres will now behave in a more progressive and more controllable manner.

Massively looking forward to this. But first Dirt 4.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I saw Knockhill, I am happy!!
    "If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007

Evanzo7 | Facebook - YouTube - Twitter |
    Isle of Bass | Facebook - YouTube - Twitter - Soundcloud - Plug.DJ |

Platform:
    PS4 - Thrustmaster T300RS
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, proterra1, RacingAtHome

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    if the drifting model plays just as good and realistic as it seems in the gameplay, then you should be able to initiate a slide by just powersliding, which btw is what rally drivers do rather than handbraking around. Wrx pilots kinda drive their extremely powerful cars a similar way when drifting through corners.

If that good the physics, then you could also deviate braking power to the rear wheels and loose your tail easier, similar to the handbrake effect, which is also another real life wrx pilot preference (not in rallies though)
    It is that good... I have hand brake mapped to a button on my wheel, but I have never used it while testing rally cross in PCars2. No need to. The RX cars will slide just as you expect them to... and sometimes a bit more than you want them to... (Which I suspect is due to my limited experience with loose surface racing! )

Platform
    PC
    It works fine on tarmac (the flick technique), but the handbrake is needed to get the car rotated well on non-tarmac surfaces. You can drive/race without the handbrake, but you'll be faster using it.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Platform
    PC
    if the drifting model (...)
    I took the name out of the quote because this is not an answer to honespc. I just want to let this to be clear and avoid confusion for someone knew that may read this.

There is no "drifting model". There is a tyre model aka STM or (Setae Tyre Model) and that's it. No different tyres/physics model for the diferent disciplines in pC2.

Obviously, there are different carcasses, compounds, slicks, threaded, bias ply, radials, ... but thing is, the physics engine is *the same* for everything and it does dinamically.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Mahjik, Sankyo