Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse steering improvement

Platform
    PS4
    Have you tried increased steering ratio in car setup?
    Not sure if that had a real effect on gamepad PS4, but it might help with a mouse on pc.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC

Project CARS 2 mouse steering with delay

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Have you tried increased steering ratio in car setup?
    Not sure if that had a real effect on gamepad PS4, but it might help with a mouse on pc.
    I try explane with video.

Here the video how mouse steering works in LFS (same effect i can take with install PPJOY and emulate mouse like controller, but it's need unsigned driver mode in Windows - in my situation bad idea for many reasons).

https://youtu.be/YQ-Gi9dQMbk

Here the vide how mouse steering works in Project CARS 2. With some delay and inertion. My question is: Why not let the player adjust the control on the mouse in this way, like in LFS?

https://youtu.be/36cbMNQq9Q0

and yes! sorry for non answer

>>increased steering ratio in car setup

no, this options didn't take need effect (
    Core i5-2500K | GTX 960 4GB | 8GB RAM | Windows 7 Ultimate

Platform
    PC
    Probably not a question of delay.

I see that in PC2 the wheel reacts inmmediatly to the mouse movement. I think that the problem is with LFS with an unrealistic wheel speed rotation. It's not possible IRL or with a sim wheel turn from one side to the opposite inmediatly (or as fast as I see in your LFS video). Probably devs defined a maximun speed rotation and if you move the mouse from A to B inmediatly, the wheel goes from A to B at the maximun speed that a normal hands can do it, but not inmediatly.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

simply put, the physics can blow up if the wheel moves too fast, so it's set to not allow instant lock to lock rotations as per other titles... it's actually more accurate and realistic.. LFS allows stupidly fast movements with mouse and controller as per this video, which is utter bollox and totally unrealistic.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    simply put, the physics can blow up if the wheel moves too fast, so it's set to not allow instant lock to lock rotations as per other titles... it's actually more accurate and realistic.. LFS allows stupidly fast movements with mouse and controller as per this video, which is utter bollox and totally unrealistic.

I disagree. This type of "more accurate and realistic" made mind and hand very confused of how much steering should turn, easily lose control, because the movement slows down in the initial and final area.That's the real issue. This even make mouse not very suitable for online racing, not sure if it would sudden driving on a silly line or even spin. Mouse is more linear than joystick so don't need this. Wheel users are usually one turn to the angle, who use the wheel have a long acceleration and deceleration on turning single direction? Even in LFS, mouse users still require a smooth and accuracy control to have a good lap, not like in this video.
    Last edited by kagurazakayukari; 20-08-2018 at 04:01.