Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSVR support

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post
    Sure, but as I said. I wouldn't mind massively downgraded graphics if we get PSVR support. The biggest problem with Driveclub is that they put more emphasis on pretty interiors of the cars than they did with line of sight which in my eyes are more important than pretty interiors. The thing me and other PSVR users complained the most about was just that, how far ahead you are able to see, a thing Codemasters really nailed with Dirt Rally.

Also we have to remember that Driveclub was a 30 fps game and much because of that had to be insanely downgraded to even run acceptable in VR, while Dirt Rally were 60 fps already also being a reason why it wasn't as downgraded as Driveclub.
    I neglected to mention that I'm running most visual options on Low already for VR. Yes I'm sure lower than low is possible for coding, and I'm sure many will appreciate being able to play that way at first, but it'll leave you wanting more pretty quickly. GTX 1080 Ti is looking like a likely upgrade this year

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PS4
    Without drawing conclusions I'd say I'm assuming support for PSVR won't be in the game at release seeing as preorders just went live and there's no information about it anywhere.

Should we forget about support for it?
    Thrustmaster T300rs
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    Racing stand built out of MDF
    PSVR eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2

Platform
    PS4
    Was wondering the same thing....
    Thrustmaster T300rs,T3pa pedal set,40 inch led, G-forcesim seat, ps4 2.0 headset , T8Ha shiter

Platform
    PS4
    Yeah I don't expect to see PSVR show up in Pcars2 at all. To bad.. really a bummer.

Platform
    PS4
    Fact of the matter is the PS4 can't handle Pcars 2 in VR. SMS has already said it can't without actually saying it over on the GT forums. Ian said they would have to really scale back the game in order for it to run which they do not want to do.
    PSN: Ekay_Jay
    Fanatec CS V2 | CS V3 pedals| CS BMW gt2 wheel | Momo mod30 wheel | CS handbrake| | Th8a
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekay.jay View Post
    Fact of the matter is the PS4 can't handle Pcars 2 in VR. SMS has already said it can't without actually saying it over on the GT forums. Ian said they would have to really scale back the game in order for it to run which they do not want to do.
    Where did you read that? I have just now been reading every single comment Ian ever wrote over there and found no mentioning of PSVR what so ever.

The only mention of it from the team that I found is this quote:
    "We can’t commit 100% to PSVR yet because there is still a lot of optimization left to do and all of the new things we’ve added,” said Viljoen. “For VR, we need to achieve an additional level of performance. We don’t want to compromise like other racing games have and lose any of our authenticity on PSVR. If we can get there, we will release it. We’ll eventually get it there one way or another, but we can’t promise it will be there at launch. The plan is to deliver the entire game."

Maybe they haven't really delved into it, maybe they have but is not quite there yet or can't do it. It seems time will tell.

Atleast I found this on the official Playstation site.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skärmavbild 2017-05-11 kl. 20.20.21.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	237692
    Thrustmaster T300rs
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    Racing stand built out of MDF
    PSVR eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2

Platform
    PS4
    If that is true then you made me a happy guy....

Platform
    PS4
    I'll get excited once we see something official from Ian or SMS. Those pre-order pages sometimes have incorrect info.
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne

Platform
    PS4
    Yes just like Star Wars Battlefront. Also a vr sticker on the advertisement but they removed it later..

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post
    Where did you read that? I have just now been reading every single comment Ian ever wrote over there and found no mentioning of PSVR what so ever.
    Have you read pc1 psvr discussion? Or other interviews of Tudor and others where they're asked about VR?
    Every time it's "we're trying really hard to make it work"
    Other games have made it work with drastic cuts.
    GT sport looks like it'll have very little VR mode. Which means racing games on VR are difficult for ps4.
    SMS won't chop half the game for VR, or turn off time and weather or whatever it may be, and also have acceptable frame rate and quality.
    Pc1 had the ps4 at 99% capacity at launch I suspect pc2 will do the same, with its new features, live track 3 and what not. No matter how much you optimise, I don't see it happening for VR.

Don't get me wrong: if PSVR by some miracle is confirmed for pcars2, I will go buy a psvr tomorrow.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 12-05-2017 at 23:18.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: Ekay.jay