Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSVR support

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Have you read pc1 psvr discussion? Or other interviews of Tudor and others where they're asked about VR?
    Every time it's "we're trying really hard to make it work"
    Other games have made it work with drastic cuts.
    GT sport looks like it'll have very little VR mode. Which means racing games on VR are difficult for ps4.
    SMS won't chop half the game for VR, or turn off time and weather or whatever it may be, and also have acceptable frame rate and quality.
    Pc1 had the ps4 at 99% capacity at launch I suspect pc2 will do the same, with its new features, live track 3 and what not. No matter how much you optimise, I don't see it happening for VR.

Don't get me wrong: if PSVR by some miracle is confirmed for pcars2, I will go buy a psvr tomorrow.
    Yeah, I guess we who already bought PSVR should just lay down and play dead and not voice our wishes because there's already been an discussion about PCars 1.
    What you and the "non-believers" forget when bringing up Driveclub (which I'm assuming is the "other games") is that DC was 100% using the PS4's power and was only 30fps. Have you seen what Codies was able to do with Dirt Rally? The downgrades wasn't even 1/3 of what Evolution had to do with DC to get it to run. That's why there is so much hope for PCars, Dirt 4 and F1 17 to have VR compatibility.

Edit: Just noticed Sony have taken out the PSVR logo from the PCars2 page.
    But hope is the last thing that leaves us
    Last edited by Exoil; 13-05-2017 at 14:59. Reason: Additional information learned
    Thrustmaster T300rs
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    Racing stand built out of MDF
    PSVR eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post
    Hey guys, hope you'll have an awesome easter!

I just want to, again, let you know that supporting PSVR would mean alot to alot of us PS4 gamers who have bought the PSVR just because of the possibilities and the immersion that VR brings to the table. I know the install base for PSVR isn't big in comparison to the regular one on PS4, Xbox 1 and PC but I know that PCars 2 releasing with support of it would sell units. Hell, I'd buy another one just so me and my son could race each other.

Even if you had to dial the graphics down back into the PS1 era I wouldn't care, because the immersion that VR gives is par to none. I've been playing Driveclub VR since I got my PSVR and have been driving among the trees in Finland in Dirt Rally since Codies released the VR patch for it.

I've read the same rehashed interview Andy did with Redbull several times now and I'm really hoping that you will find some way to bring us VR on PS4, as long as it's not done as in GT Sports with just a "VR Tour". I can't even imagine how bummed I'm going to be when I find out just how few cars and tracks I'll be able to drive in VR in GT.

TLDR: I'm begging you, give us PSVR support
    I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment and request. While I love Dirt Rally VR, my main raining interest is in sports cars. I've had the privilage to play Project Cars on the Oculus Rift. It is phenomenal. Unfortunately, the price point of the Rift is WAYYYYY outside my means.

Please support VR on the Play Station- even if you take baby steps - one track and a few cars. Please, the racing gods and fans will be so happy.

Platform
    PS4
    One track and a few cars? I like to see pcars in PSVR as well but not with only one track and a few cars..

Platform
    PS4
    No, if it can't be done fully it shouldn't be done at all.
    After E3 I'm bummed how Poly treated their VR Tour. Some of the tracks, some of the cars but only 1v1 racing.
    I've read and watched some previews of it and all of them mentions that there's not much of a graphical downgrade and that makes one wonder what they could have added instead if they would have downgraded the graphics more?

I understand that devs could be worried about people complaining about how their game looks in VR compared to flat on PS4, but now that we have had it for 8 months I can't really see anyone in their right mind expecting singlar graphics in VR.
    I still have my thumbs crossed for this title to support PSVR!
    Thrustmaster T300rs
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    Racing stand built out of MDF
    PSVR eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2

Platform
    PC
    A few websites have recently published articles/store listings advertising PSVR support, which is surprising as there has been no official word. I personally would err on the side of caution and not get my hopes up just yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens next.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PS4
    Don't want to spoil your fun but don't count on PSVR support. At least not at release time. Perhaps later on although I really think the PS is not powerful enough.

Platform
    PC
    Yep I was just sharing a warning before someone else spotted it and got hyped. I agree the PS4 doesn't have what it takes for it.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following user likes this Post: GenBrien

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Don't want to spoil your fun but don't count on PSVR support. At least not at release time. Perhaps later on although I really think the PS is not powerful enough.
    Sony have hamstrung developers by insisting on no PS4 Pro only titles. I bet the Pro could run it.
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

Platform
    PS4
    I know that is why I said the PS4 is not powerful enough. The pro perhaps. I don't know..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Flange View Post
    Sony have hamstrung developers by insisting on no PS4 Pro only titles. I bet the Pro could run it.
    Yea, I hate this!!! I bought my PS4 Pro to get better performance out of PC1, and there is a big difference (when put on boost mode, not an official PC update).

I hope that SMS are giving us PS4 Pro users some nice little enhancements on PC2