Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PSVR support

Platform
    PS4
    Speaking of...
    FEAR/ Dying light/ last of us in vr I would proper soil my pants!

Sony and Microsoft gone into this peripheral pissing contest hasn't helped. Wouldn't it be awesome if rift and vive were also compatible with the consoles?

Sony and a few others have invested a lot in VR. If they give it a bit of a nudge I think suddenly it'll become mainstream.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    How many gamers out there (other than those who are into racing/flying games, and other than those who already own the technology) are really clamoring for more VR titles and support? How low would the prices of an Oculus or PSVR need to drop before most of your casual gamers would take a punt and buy one? Personally, being an Xbox owner, it wouldn't matter to me how cheap either of those become, because they're incompatible with my hardware. Even if I did have a setup which would support it, and pretending for a moment that I'm not a racing game enthusiast, what incentive is there for me to buy a newly affordable VR headset? Most of the "games" I've seen are either very simplistic and quickly become boring, or they aren't really games at all, more of an "experience". It all feels more than a bit remniscent of the type of games that were available for Kinect when it first came out. Maybe I'm just not aware, but there's nothing I've seen on the level of an Uncharted or a Destiny in VR that would make me sit up and take notice if I were a casual gamer.
    The thing with VR is that the game don't have to be full fledged AAA games like Destiny or Uncharted to be amazing games but of course being created by a bigger studio the game is more polished.

I've let friends and family try my setup with games like Dick Wilde, Farpoint, Dirt Rally and Resident Evil 7 and so far seven more PSVR have been sold just because they've gotten to experience it at my place.
    PS4 Pro
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, lancashirelad, Olijke Poffer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post

I've let friends and family try my setup with games like Dick Wilde, Farpoint, Dirt Rally and Resident Evil 7 and so far seven more PSVR have been sold just because they've gotten to experience it at my place.
    Not the hero VR deserves, but the hero VR needs :P
    The following user likes this Post: Exoil

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post
    The thing with VR is that the game don't have to be full fledged AAA games like Destiny or Uncharted to be amazing games but of course being created by a bigger studio the game is more polished.

The immersion makes you forget the lower gfx..
    when I hop in my tie fighter I step in a non existing world. A Completely different experience than non VR games.
    Even the "most" of the games are no where near the standard high gfx titles from today.
    Or letting a character running around in Wayward Sky (3D platform game) is such joy. Or standing in the magnificent hall in the vrworlds game. Totally immersed.
    As you can read I am a huge fan of VR. No matter what people think or say.. I love it and I regret my age (almost 50) I would love to see where the VR stands in lets say a year of 50 from now...
    Hollowdeck perhaps?
    Happy gaming guys..

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by VRTOM View Post
    Not the hero VR deserves, but the hero VR needs :P
    Lol, I'm just happy to spread the amazement of VR.

I have another 20 friends on PSN that have a PS4 and a wheel. I could see all them buying a PSVR if PCars 2 supported it. They are on the fence about it since GTSports only allows for 1v1 racing
    PS4 Pro
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2
    The following user likes this Post: VRTOM

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sony is in danger of killing its own system by insisting that games have to run on both consoles. I'm already starting to get very disillusioned by the number of 'samey' games that are coming out for PSVR. Twee little games and cartoony shooters.
    I'm thinking of ditching it and going to a PC based VR system.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: amazed, beetes_juice, Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4
    Is the Pro that much of a jump in performance to justify Pro-specific games? I don't think so.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PC
    The talk back when it was released was that *if* the developers could focus on the Pro for optimisation then yes it was a decent jump in performance once the work was put in. The problem is the install base of the Pro is so small next to the standard PS4 and with Sony enforcing the same treatment of both consoles it's not worth it for a lot of developers to put in the time and money to optimise specifically for the Pro.

I think Sony made a real mess of the situation.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Logitech G27 + TH8A shifter + CSP V3 | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Is the Pro that much of a jump in performance to justify Pro-specific games? I don't think so.
    Yes, But Only in terms of Frame rates and resolution.
    the Pro will run Sony's 4K (checker board interlace) HDR, at 60 FPS
    Where as the Standard PS4 Might be able to display 4K, it could never achieve 60 FPS at 4K.

So you end up with the PS4 Pro, being backward compatible with all the Standard PS4 games, But also Able of running that Game in an Enhanced PRO Mode.

the PRO's PSVR is also better, but the Limit is the PSVR hardware. Maybe there will be a PSVR PRO version.
    But I'm not Sure VR has taken off enough to Justify that.

I think there will have to be a PS5, before we'll see 4K @90 or 4K @120 PSVR
    Look towards, 2018, 2019, but then the target might be Halo Gaming.. instead of VR gaming.
    With three, triangulated or Conoscopic Halo Projectors, Full room Halo gaming Projection may soon be a reality.
    [PS4 user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

Platform
    PS4
    See I can't justify the outlay for the pro for slightly better fps.

Jack it up and make the PS5 that'll make VR, resolution, fps everything worthwhile.

But you know, cash grab
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25