Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Play Project Cars?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Question How Do You Play Project Cars?

So it's just been over six months that the game was released and after career mode has been completed or at least all disciplines raced, how are you playing Project Cars? Obviously there's multiplayer but I'm more curious as to other interesting ways people are playing the game.

I have recently started to focus on mastering a discipline and getting to grips with it's various nuances as well as trying to get the best car/setup combo. Then moving on to another.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Six months? Did I imagine things back in 2015..??

Or six months to release of Pcars 2? Ahh, I see.

I am just waiting patiently for Septemberish and playing solo at the moment. 2 hour practice, 30 min qualifying and 15 lap race. I play part of practice and just tinker with the AI until it suits the track conditions and car. Then kick it off. I am going through all the classes- starting at the bottom ie the classes with only 1 vehicle available, slowly working my way up to the maximum number vehicle class- Road B, GT3 and Road A.

I am finding that I missed many of the minor classes when I first played the game.
    Last edited by Dresden; 17-04-2017 at 12:48.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Go to solo mode, pick a car, track, find a AI difficulty level that will give me a challenge and go for it. Full race weekend, length can be either 15/30/60 minutes depending on how much time I have available, adjust tyre wear rate so that I have to make 1 pitstop.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Six months? Did I imagine things back in 2015..??

Or six months to release of Pcars 2? Ahh, I see.
    I think they're saying that it's been six months since they completed the career? I suspect non-native English speaker.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following user likes this Post: Dresden

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Multiplayer provides endless hours of racing, so there's obviously that.

The other thing I enjoy is exploring the less common cars and classes. There is a ton of content in pCARS, and I'm always amazed at how I discover car & track combos that really challenge me.

I've also started really exploring time & weather changes. I play a lot of random weather these days. I don't care so much about always achieving the fastest lap times as much as I do simply finding a challenge, and working through it.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    MP. 10+ lap races, up to 2 hours sometimes, with 30 minutes of practice/qualifying total.
    I race with a bunch if guys and we mix it up between LMP, GT3/4, Group C, classic Lotus, Indy. Mixed weather and time.
    Personally I'm trying to explore the slower cars lately. Group A are great fun, as are the FRookie, GT4, Caterham Classic! It's not so hyperactive and keeps the field fairly close. It's a good change of pace. I'll set up an MP lobby with 15-30 minute race time, 30 minute qualifying and race whoever joins.
    Wet racing is incredible in pcars. I can't wait for pc2! Outright qualifying pace means nothing in the wet: it's who can keep it quick, keep it straight, and keep on top of pit strategy and tyre wear.

Check out this thread for some fun combos:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ghlight=combos
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PS4
    It varies. I like to change things up to make things interesting. This past weekend, I did "track night" where I drove the 2015 Ford Mustang GT at Sonoma GP at sunset. Tonight, I decided to give Donington National a try, and ended up running a few laps in time trial mode.

Who knows what I'll do tomorrow? I might drive Willow Springs at night, which is a big challenge since there's hardly any lighting after sunset.

Platform
    PC
    I'm still working on the career but does anyone else fire up things to follow real life racing? BTCC donington just happened and I like to blap around in the Ginettas and Clip Cup cars when the tracks in game are used! Silverstone and WEC too so I'm planning some races there this week in LMPs and GTs.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"
    The following user likes this Post: Dresden

Platform
    PC
    I just started career again, but this time in VR. The weather and time of day transitions really are amazing. I didn't finish career mode before, but I'm loving it in VR.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I'm still working on the career but does anyone else fire up things to follow real life racing? BTCC donington just happened and I like to blap around in the Ginettas and Clip Cup cars when the tracks in game are used! Silverstone and WEC too so I'm planning some races there this week in LMPs and GTs.
    And wasn't it a great days racing, and loads of action.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Leper Messiah