Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with McLaren GT3 around Bathurst

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Oh and i am chewing front tyres, especially the front right.
    Im racing the Mclaren in GT3 now in career, and it was doing this at Laguna Seca. I think right front tire wear just might be a characteristic of the car, anyone correct me if im wrong.
    Steam ID: Dault3883

If you add me on steam please send me a message on the forum with ur steam id so i know who it is. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    it's either right or you've fucked up.
    Applies to the track as a whole.

You're right about the cutting. It's a sharp corner but it's banked pretty well so you can take it faster than you think. Also, it's better to be slightly slow than slightly fast because it helps set up the right hander that follows. There are a few places (The Cutting, Forrest's Elbow, The Dipper) where you pretty much aim for the inside wall and hope you understeer a little bit.
    The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Im racing the Mclaren in GT3 now in career, and it was doing this at Laguna Seca. I think right front tire wear just might be a characteristic of the car, anyone correct me if im wrong.
    I have not really noticed but it is chronic here, i don't really know the answer because there are so many fast left handers that you need to take at near full throttle or your times collapse. i mean yeah i can slow down at reid park but there goes half a second.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Applies to the track as a whole.

You're right about the cutting. It's a sharp corner but it's banked pretty well so you can take it faster than you think. Also, it's better to be slightly slow than slightly fast because it helps set up the right hander that follows. There are a few places (The Cutting, Forrest's Elbow, The Dipper) where you pretty much aim for the inside wall and hope you understeer a little bit.
    It does. I am pre-disposed to this track given i am Australian but damn, how good is it? Every corner means something, there are no nothing corners, the compromise between downforce and straight line speed is immense and the difference between nailing a lap and completely butchering is razor thin.

Enter the right hander after the cutting at the slightly wrong angle or wrong sped and you will shed well over a second by the time you get to the dipper, it's crazy. The exit off of both Hell corner and forrest elbow is insane, slightly mess it up and you drop SO MUCH TIME. I mean you see your time comparison ticker go red on exit then it goes -0.25, -0.35 , -0.55 ... you just bleed time.

Platform
    PC
    It does. I am pre-disposed to this track given i am Australian but damn, how good is it? Every corner means something, there are no nothing corners, the compromise between downforce and straight line speed is immense and the difference between nailing a lap and completely butchering is razor thin.

Enter the right hander after the cutting at the slightly wrong angle or wrong sped and you will shed well over a second by the time you get to the dipper, it's crazy. The exit off of both Hell corner and forrest elbow is insane, slightly mess it up and you drop SO MUCH TIME. I mean you see your time comparison ticker go red on exit then it goes -0.25, -0.35 , -0.55 ... you just bleed time.
    and thats why Bathurst is one of the hardest tracks in the world up there with Le Mans and Silverstone and Nurburgring Nordschleife is the hardest in the world

If you add me on steam please send me a message on the forum with ur steam id so i know who it is. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Would love to see Phillip island.
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Would love to see Phillip island.
    so would i love to see more Aussi and american tracks in general they have europe covered pretty much

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Mosport too, kind of a mini Bathurst.

Platform
    XBOX1

There was a pretty good lap guide to Bathurst here at one time. Maybe try to search for it. One of the key points was to get your braking done early in Hell Corner so that you can get back on the throttle sooner. Same for Forrest's Elbow.

I hated the track at first because it frustrated the crap outta me but then I learned to respect it. On those rare occasions where you put a complete lap together it feels really good.
    The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah i read that guide and I disagree to some extent with hell corner 'cos if you brake early it screws up the exit and you easily clip the inside curb. i find it works best to brake at a regular rate (not late nor early) and turn in neither on the brake nor on the throttle and as soon as the car is straight, mash the go pedal.

i do agree with the breakdown of griffiths bend and the cutting, gotta go in WAY hotter than common sense tells you to.