Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help with McLaren GT3 around Bathurst

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Bumped AI to 97%, I am battling for 3rd or 4th. I run the fastest laps but not consistent enough, under pressure it is hard to run solid 7's.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Maybe Evom3's guide?
    Well done.
    I'll struggle to hold 2:08's.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Maybe Evom3's guide?
    Well done.
    I'll struggle to hold 2:08's.
    Yeah that's the guide, it's very, very good other than a few points of difference i mentioned earlier.

In regards to the chase, the AI cars take an odd line, different to the on screen guides even. They stick to the left rather than swinging right and making use of the angles, seen enough races here to know that is not the racing line. Had a massive accident last night as I was going to pass to the left (the inside) and the AI just sat there, after that i kept an eye on their line and yeah, that's the normal line for the AI.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Yeah that's the guide, it's very, very good other than a few points of difference i mentioned earlier.

In regards to the chase, the AI cars take an odd line, different to the on screen guides even. They stick to the left rather than swinging right and making use of the angles, seen enough races here to know that is not the racing line. Had a massive accident last night as I was going to pass to the left (the inside) and the AI just sat there, after that i kept an eye on their line and yeah, that's the normal line for the AI.
    I've seen them do stuff like that in other places too. One that sticks out is at Hockenheim on the right-hander that comes into the stadium section, they tend to approach that corner from the middle of the road rather than all the way to the left.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I've seen them do stuff like that in other places too. One that sticks out is at Hockenheim on the right-hander that comes into the stadium section, they tend to approach that corner from the middle of the road rather than all the way to the left.
    The whole chase thing is weird. I brake WAY later, take the correct line etc but they sit to the left after the shute, enter the chase to the middle of the road then get really good exits. it doesn't make any sense.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    The whole chase thing is weird. I brake WAY later, take the correct line etc but they sit to the left after the shute, enter the chase to the middle of the road then get really good exits. it doesn't make any sense.
    Looking at the AI cars is looking into an alternate universe where our laws of physics don't apply.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300