Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In defense of the Ai

Platform
    PC
    Yeah you have to treat the Ai like they are 17 -19 years old!!
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Yeah you have to treat the Ai like they are 17 -19 years old!!
    Hahaha, no they adhere to the "If you're not ahead on the outside it's your duty to back off" mentality. Which I can understand. Sim racers tend to be more civil (and on the flip side demand to be given room) than real racers.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Hahaha, no they adhere to the "If you're not ahead on the outside it's your duty to back off" mentality. Which I can understand. Sim racers tend to be more civil (and on the flip side demand to be given room) than real racers.
    hate me or like me but if i see a hole and i think i can make it im going for it thats true racing imo

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The most important thing IMHO is never to take the outside line.
    True, I've been run off track by AI many times while on the outside. Personally I think if I'm on the racing line and half a car or more ahead of them it's my corner and they should back off, a AI car clearly behind me trying to push me off the racing line on corner exit is simply poor racecraft imho.

Platform
    PS4
    Race the AI like they don't have mirrors. If you're not bold, side by side, they won't "see" you, or give you space.

Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    hate me or like me but if i see a hole and i think i can make it im going for it...
    Lol
    Last edited by hkraft300; 21-04-2017 at 14:40.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Race the AI like they don't have mirrors. If you're not bold, side by side, they won't "see" you, or give you space.

Lol
    Just like wayne taylor racing in the 24 hours of daytona LOL if you move down on me when my nose is already in the hole if u spin its on you

and i wont just race AI like that ill race YOU like that too dont matter who you are its where i got the nick name thats in my picture

Platform
    PC
    This is actually pretty good advice. If you pretend the AI doesn't know you are along side of them, then you can have some good races with them. Yes, the AI is a too aggressive with open wheel cars, especially the faster ones. The AI does pretty good with the slower ones like the Formula Rookie. This is something SMS is very aware of (remember, one of the SMS physics/AI associates is a former SCCA racer/champion)....
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    This is actually pretty good advice. If you pretend the AI doesn't know you are along side of them, then you can have some good races with them. Yes, the AI is a too aggressive with open wheel cars, especially the faster ones. The AI does pretty good with the slower ones like the Formula Rookie. This is something SMS is very aware of (remember, one of the SMS physics/AI associates is a former SCCA racer/champion)....
    just like there mato made for racers by racers

Platform
    PC
    that's what I mean 17-19 y/os.....Ginettas and Moto 3 mentallity!

heh once again young un mentallity.

IF SMS can add "maturity" of decision making to the Ai then PC2 will be quite an experience.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    IF SMS can add "maturity" of decision making to the Ai then PC2 will be quite an experience.
    Or at least a slider for it

And I'd like a slider for field spread so there is more difference between the fastest and slowest. I'd actually consider running it on 100% overall difficulty if I can have meaningful fights in the back of the field. The problem now is that you have to tune the AI difficulty because there so close together you can be on pole and win a race in one combo and be dead last in an other. I don't like either of those options... I love to run midfield.

And that should be okay-ish to advance in career too. With the exception of the higher classes like F1 most of the racers in the field didn't end up top 3 in the previous championship, but they're still there. True that's for all kinds of reasons(like being consistent, good for PR, bring money, a nice guy to work with, good at developing a car), but they're still there. And to make the circle complete, that's why we need a field spread slider.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 23-04-2017 at 09:23.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, Leper Messiah