Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 things that may make or break pCARS2 as a commercial success.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GenBrien View Post
    if people would stop driving doing TAP TAP they would enjoy racing sims more.....
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    yeah....spend two years making a game, release it and then tell customers that they have been playing past games 'wrongly' and they need to adapt to a new control system ... = comercial success....nah..
    He's not wrong.
    And the customer isn't always right.
    pc1 has been a commercial success.
    Pc2 will appeal to a wider audience. Core fan base is repeat business.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think pc2 will be OK
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60

Platform
    XBOX1
    if people would stop driving doing TAP TAP they would enjoy racing sims more.....
    Although I agree with you, not everyone has the gear to do smooth steering or the time to relearn how to drive like that.

Also note I got some control freaks and it made a big difference.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I think this where the controller issues come into focus. Guys who's methods produced good results think that controller worked just fine for Pcars 1. Guys who's methods produced bad results think that the controller was broken. Some of the fastest guys on the game use a controller this proves that there is nothing really wrong with controller functionality that's why this conversation is so complicated. I'm not going to knock a guys methods because it just leads to a bigger argument. I think Mr. Bell has stated that he is a tap tapper so I'm not going to knock that method. I just think if this discussion revolved around method and not controller functionality that this conversation would go a lot further towards solving the problem for those who are struggling.

On my old Nascar games I used a push the stick forward and drive around the top of the ring method. That method did not work for me with PCARS and I changed to a more smooth side to side method for PCARS. It took some time to learn to smooth out my inputs but I learned and it has produced awesome results. I still struggle with keeping the car centered in long sweeping turns but I found that my struggles in those turns are directly influenced by my inputs and not controller functionality.

There is no way for SMS to make a setting that works for everyone it is impossible. The only thing they can do is create enough options so that you can make the controller feel good for you. If guys are not willing to change the presets to something comfortable for them then that is totally on the player. Imagine being tall and sitting in the driver seat of a car you like and the seat is setup for a short person and saying im not buying this car because its setup for a short person and all you had to do is move the seat back.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 21-04-2017 at 15:13.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post
    I think this where the controller issues come into focus. Guys who's methods produced good results think that controller worked just fine for Pcars 1. Guys who's methods produced bad results think that the controller was broken. Some of the fastest guys on the game use a controller this proves that there is nothing really wrong with controller functionality that's why this conversation is so complicated. I'm not going to knock a guys methods because it just leads to a bigger argument. I think Mr. Bell has stated that he is a tap tapper so I'm not going to knock that method. I just think if this discussion revolved around method and not controller functionality that's this conversation would go a lot further towards solving the problem for those who are struggling.

On my old Nascar games I used a push the stick forward and drive around the top of the ring method. That method did not work for me with PCARS and I changed to a more smooth side to side method for PCARS. It took some time to learn to smooth out my inputs but I learned and it has produced awesome results. I still struggle with keeping the car centered in long sweeping turns but I found that my struggles in those turns are directly influenced by my inputs and not controller functionality.

There is no way for SMS to make a setting that works for everyone it is impossible. The only thing they can do is create enough options so that you can make the controller feel good for you. If guys are not willing to change the presets to something comfortable for them then that is totally on the player. Imagine being tall and sitting in the driver seat of a car you like and the seat is setup for a short person and saying im not buying this car because its setup for a short person and all you had to do is move the seat back.
    correct because EVERY single person has a different driving style no two people drive exactly the same just like no two people play the guitar the same way its like a finger print its unique

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just wanted to add thats what the 3 presets are for under the controller tuning options. I cant remember which is which but one was for driving around the top of the ring. One was for the tap tappers. The last preset was for side to side steering.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    correct because EVERY single person has a different driving style no two people drive exactly the same just like no two people play the guitar the same way its like a finger print its unique
    ^ Exactly. Well said.

Platform
    PC
    ^ Exactly. Well said.
    well ill have to give credit where credit is due the guitar bit is from the movie Eddie and the cruisers 2 Eddie Lives LOL but it is a good analogy my driving style is a rare one i change the way i drive depending on what the car is willing to give me and then i push it to its limits and try not to go over the edge LOL

Platform
    XBOX1
    well ill have to give credit where credit is due the guitar bit is from the movie Eddie and the cruisers 2 Eddie Lives LOL but it is a good analogy my driving style is a rare one i change the way i drive depending on what the car is willing to give me and then i push it to its limits and try not to go over the edge LOL
    The guitar is a great analogy because no guitarist goes to the store buys a guitar and then walks out on stage and just starts playing it. They tune the guitar first to the way they like it then they got out and play. This again is why a fun interactive UI that leads to tinkering is necessary. Tuning is so important to the a player getting this game because before you ever tune a car on this game you will have to tune your input device wheel or controller before you start playing.

Secondly the whole idea of this being a sim is that sim racing requires precision. Precision braking. Precision steering. Precision throttle inputs. The whole idea of precision is that it is not easy. This is what s eperates Pcars from other games especially at the console level. I'm not a wheel user but I know PCARS and I have read the ordeals of many wheel users here on this forum and even on a wheel precision is not easy.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 21-04-2017 at 16:16.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    The guitar is a great analogy because no guitarist goes to the store buys a guitar and then walks out on stage and just starts playing it. They tune the guitar first to the way they like it then they got out and play. This again is why a fun UI that leads to tinkering is necessary. Tuning is so important to the a player getting this game because before you ever tune a car on this game you will have to tune your input device wheel or controller before you start playing.

Secondly the whole idea of this being a sim is that sim racing requires precision. Precision braking. Precision steering. Precision throttle inputs. The whole idea of precision is that it is not easy. This is what s eperates Pcars from other games especially at the console level. I'm not a wheel user but I know PCARS and I have read the ordeals of many wheel users here on this forum and even on a wheel precision is not easy.
    no its not its an absolute night mare i hate the force feedback jerking the wheel all over the place so have it turned way down and then the only way i got the wheel to turn right for me was having the assisted steering on cause other wise it feels to loose and snappy

Platform
    XBOX1
    no its not its an absolute night mare i hate the force feedback jerking the wheel all over the place so have it turned way down and then the only way i got the wheel to turn right for me was having the assisted steering on cause other wise it feels to loose and snappy
    If you put the force feedback to 100 on the xbox one controller the controller (expletive) jumps out of your hands and it will kill a set a batteries in like 3 hrs. I play around 50 force feedback.