Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project cars 2 for xbox 1 Pre order NOW

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    I'm not preordering until I get see some improvement with the controller. Wait until we see a console build of the game
    You should go and buy a wheel, its not out for a few months, get saving if is tight.

It will be the best 200 you spend, it will change your virtual racing life forever!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Ixoye56, Mowzer, RacingAtHome

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    My only real concern is exactly how well pcars 2 is going to perform on XBox with all these new features and enhancements, so imo sacrificing exclusive preorder content for a little piece of mind is a fair compromise.
    The added bonus for me personally is that after recently resurrecting pcars 1 (it's been well over a year since i last played it) and actually finding that due to the obvious improvements i'm wanting to play it - and of course the lure of Forza 7, i probably have enough to enable me to wait and see how well pcars 2 is embraced by the media (and fans) on release.
    I'm of a similar mindset...I just recently got back into PCARS1 after nearly a year away, and am really enjoying it.

I'm excited by what I've seen so far at E3 regarding PCARS2 (and Forza 7), but I'm a bit hesitant because it's unclear just how well all these shiny new features will perform on my plain old "vanilla" XB1 as opposed to the new hotness of the XB1X.

I may still choose to preorder if some better options become available, but I'm not terribly worried even about supposed "exclusive" preorder cars. Almost invariably, at some point, there's some sort of GOTY Edition with all of the content included. And even if there's some stuff that I can't get, if I've got 170+ cars to choose from, I'm not going to cry in my milk over not having 3 or 4.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    I'm not preordering until I get see some improvement with the controller. Wait until we see a console build of the game
    Quote from "The American" over at GTP:

I haven't plugged in my G27 for a while now. I'm enjoying playing with XB1 controller for daily testing (just did a nice lmp2/GTE race at COTA, quite a technical course, today using XB1 pad). And I don't mess with any settings at all. It just works from fresh install (which I do daily). In fact, if you are thinking of buying a wheel _just_ for this game because of a prior bad gamepad experience with pC1, I would recommend you hold on to your money at this time. It's not necessary for a good Day1 experience. Also I'm running nearly the same Indy times with XB1 controller as I am with G27, so not just a subjective "feels good" report, talkin' real data. I'm pretty smooth with my steering inputs, so that's all very important to me. I've done league races running 3 wide into turns and manage to control my car and not ruin it for others (video furnishable upon request).
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    PS4

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That's extremely reassuring to hear, thanks for posting that.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    The driver's on-screen hands in that video are surprisingly smooth. That was done using a controller? If so, he's one of the smoothest drivers I've ever seen, or there's a lot of input filtering going on before it gets translated into animation.

Platform
    PS4
    It is done with a controller yes (an Xbox controller even) and he is indeed a very smooth driver...