Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will my Fanatec CSR work on PS4 with PCars 2?

Platform
    PS4

Question Will my Fanatec CSR work on PS4 with PCars 2?

I have a fanatec CSR wheel (an oldy but it works fine). pcars 1 is the only game that supports it on PS4. My question is, will it work on pcars 2?
    PSN: mcbrew

Platform
    PC
    That won't be up to SMS, that will be up to Sony.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It is exceedingly unlikely.

Sony is now dictating which devices can be supported in new titles through their controller/hardware licensing program. This is, unfortunately, a complete reversal of their historical stance, wherein they left wheel support up to the individual publishers.

All indications are that Fanatec is working on a new, officially licensed product for the PS4. They have already released the CSL Elite, which is compatible with the XB1. There is no clear information on why the XB1 device has been released, but nothing for the PS4. All we can guess is politics. The reversal of policy caught Fanatec flat-footed, and we can imagine created some tension between the companies.

In any case, Sony's current policies would prohibit SMS from supporting your wheel.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral
    Inside Sim Racing Wheel Buyer's Guide
    The following user likes this Post: Boskapongen

You can be sure that SMS will not be allowed to support anything but licensed hardware in pCARS2. So your CSR will not work with it natively, maybe it will work via CronusMax.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    So means this, that my Fantatec Porsche GT3 V2 will also not works with pCARS2?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    It is exceedingly unlikely.

Sony is now dictating which devices can be supported in new titles through their controller/hardware licensing program. This is, unfortunately, a complete reversal of their historical stance, wherein they left wheel support up to the individual publishers.

All indications are that Fanatec is working on a new, officially licensed product for the PS4. They have already released the CSL Elite, which is compatible with the XB1. There is no clear information on why the XB1 device has been released, but nothing for the PS4. All we can guess is politics. The reversal of policy caught Fanatec flat-footed, and we can imagine created some tension between the companies.

In any case, Sony's current policies would prohibit SMS from supporting your wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    You can be sure that SMS will not be allowed to support anything but licensed hardware in pCARS2. So your CSR will not work with it natively, maybe it will work via CronusMax.

will this affect pc Pcars 2 or only be a problem for ps4 version?
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    will this affect pc Pcars 2 or only be a problem for ps4 version?
    PS4 only.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    PS4 only.
    o thank goodness sucks for you ps4 guys
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
    Pcars2 won’t be released until there is a deal reached with Fanatec and Sony. Fanatec will most likely go the Logitech route and make you purchase a PS4 version of their product. I just wish SMS would release update 11 for PS4 before the release of Pcars2 and fix the broken Silverstone Classic and Nurburgring Combined tracks we paid for. Those who have Fanatec hardware can choose not to download the update or use CronusMax as earlier suggested. I am seriously considering not buying Pcars2 until Pcars is patched to work as well as the PC version or give a discount for PS4 disk version of Pcars2 to compensate for the incomplete game we now have because of the bias given to non supported hardware versus those who played by the rules and purchased supported hardware.
    Why would pc2 not be released because of Sony's pissing contest? What's your source, or at least, the logic behind this?

How much did you pay for the 2 dlc tracks: nur combined works online. Silverstone classic doesn't, but works offline. So, $0.50?

Fanatec was a supported wheel. Those that spent their hard-earned on Fanatec gear on PS4 "played by the same rules" as you. Recently, Sony changed their tune. It's not Fanatec, Fanatec users or SMS' fault.

I'm fully in support of SMS decision to not update pcars and keep Fanatec support.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Platform
    PS4
    You can still have fanatec support with Pcars 2 if fanatec doesn't come out with a ps4 wheel by the. I just got my Cronusmax pro working today with my ps4. I'm now able to play assetto corsa with my Fanatec v2, v3 pedals, and th8a shifter. All force feedback and buttons work, couldn't be happier!
    PSN: Ekay_Jay
    Fanatec CS V2 | CS V3 pedals| CS BMW gt2 wheel | Momo mod30 wheel | CS handbrake| | Th8a
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300