Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will my Fanatec CSR work on PS4 with PCars 2?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
    Fanatec will most likely go the Logitech route and make you purchase a PS4 version of their product..
    Let's put the blame in the right part of the court here. It wouldn't be Fanatec making you buy a wheel specifically compatible with the PS4, it would be Sony making Fanatec release a PS4 licensed wheel (for you to buy or not buy, they are not making you do anything) after refusing to play ball with a licensed hub like Fanatec use for the XBone.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Logitech G27 + TH8A shifter + CSP V3 | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Remco Van Dijk

Platform
    PC
    This is almost as bad as the stupid licensing issue with sims and cars/tracks (when they get not only FREE advertising but some cash to boot, greedy sods). I bought a CSR because it worked not only on my PC but XB360 for Forza 3 and PS3 for GT5, do these spud wits think people are made of money to buy 3 wheels? Bottom line is they've shot themselves in the foot because there's no way in hell I'm getting a XBONE and PS4, especially since PCARS and AC have got the quality graphics and the proper simulation of older PC games.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Platform
    PC
    Not directed at anyone...

Well, the way to battle back against Sony is to not buy their hardware. Move to XB1 or PC. i.e. fight with your money. If not, deal with whatever Sony requires and move on.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

Well, the way to battle back against Sony is to not buy their hardware. Move to XB1 or PC. i.e. fight with your money. If not, deal with whatever Sony requires and move on.
    Agree. Still hurts small fish like Fanatec.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    This is almost as bad as the stupid licensing issue with sims and cars/tracks (when they get not only FREE advertising but some cash to boot, greedy sods). I bought a CSR because it worked not only on my PC but XB360 for Forza 3 and PS3 for GT5, do these spud wits think people are made of money to buy 3 wheels? Bottom line is they've shot themselves in the foot because there's no way in hell I'm getting a XBONE and PS4, especially since PCARS and AC have got the quality graphics and the proper simulation of older PC games.
    They don't want you to buy three wheels, they want to lock you in to their platform

(I hate this strategy, but it's true)
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE – Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

Well, to be fair, you'd only be giving your money to Microsoft, who also requires that you use "licensed" hardware. There really is no escape.

What sucks about the Sony situation is that they allowed it for so long, only to change direction.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE – Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    Well, to be fair, you'd only be giving your money to Microsoft, who also requires that you use "licensed" hardware. There really is no escape.

What sucks about the Sony situation is that they allowed it for so long, only to change direction.
    They all (consoles) dictate the way hardware can be supported. However, at least M$ hasn't changed direction in the middle of a generation. At some point, people have to vote/support with their money for the lesser evil or it will just keep happening.

I will say, I doubt there are enough people wanting to use older Fanatec hardware on a PS4 to make a dent though..
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    They don't want you to buy three wheels, they want to lock you in to their platform

(I hate this strategy, but it's true)
    I know, but it had the opposite effect for me as this is the first generation of consoles I havn't bought since I started with the SNES and Megadrive. They can shove it up where the sun don't shine!
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Platform
    PS4
    Been away for awhile because of real life interfering but when I bought the Fanatec CSW stuff, I already made up my mind to go PC. Even though I bought the PS4 just before that. I am renovating my house so the rig in in storage but I will get a copy of PC2 and it is not going to be for PS4 ;-) The rig was in the livingroom and it cannot return there. Have to make room elswhere and that is not easy when your house is full of other 'stuff'. I am a Mac guy so I still have to get a PC fit for PC2.
    PS4 - Rseat RS1 with red chair - Main: CSW v2 - 918 Rim - F1 Rim - CSP v3 + BK - CSS SQ v1.5. Spare: Logitech G29 with shifter - PCars Dash - NB3LED Button Box.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    the new CSL Elite is compatible with all three platforms, albeit with a wheel swap for the Xbone