Thread: Game Chat/Communication

Platform
    XBOX1

Game Chat/Communication

I was just wondering how will game chat be handled for Pcars 2. How will drivers communicate in the new game. Will there be a game chat for the whole room or will we have to use functions with in our particular game systems to supply game chat. Asking because Pcars 1 game chat had bugs that never got fully resolved at least on Xbox we did.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have not heard any in-game chat (XBOX1) in what seems like months now. Is this a me issue?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    I have not heard any in-game chat (XBOX1) in what seems like months now. Is this a me issue?
    Im glad to report that game chat is working much better. There are still a few small issues but overall it works pretty good now. The reason your not hearing guys is a lot of guys are still using the party chat system for consistency on xbox. Once a guy leaves the room or gets disconnected you can still communicate thru party chat. Another reason you dont hear guys is because some guys just dont use mics. Some guys dont like to talk and other guys just want to hear their cars and not game chat.

In our group we use party chat a lot. Sometimes we have guys that connect to the party chat thru their cell phone(new feature) and we cant do this in game chat. From time to time I will make a room and not use a party and here lately it has been working really good. I have made many new friends in the past few weeks.

Once again I just want to explain to guys who play in multiplayer the game is so much better when you talk to guys and use your mic. I know on some games that game chat can be irritating and immature but pcars usually doesnt draw that type of crowd.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    So everyone is on private chat? I have not heard a single word uttered in-game. That's why I was wondering if there was a problem.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    So everyone is on private chat? I have not heard a single word uttered in-game. That's why I was wondering if there was a problem.
    Not everyone. Like I said some guys dont talk and other guys dont use mics and some guys are in party chat like my group. Some guys know they are in a english speaking room and dont talk because they dont speak english. You will find across a lot of games that guys dont talk with strangers a lot. Sometimes you have to just say something and guys will comeback out of nowhere and say something back. Thats why when you have a public room host that talks those rooms are run better because everything is communicated.

Along time ago we met some guys out of Brazil the ATR guys. It was a whole crew of them. They communicated with us threw text that they were out of Brazil and spoke Portuguese so they wouldnt be coming in the party. Well one of my racing friends is Dominican and speaks spanish so he could understand the Portuguese. He went over communicated with them and long story short they came in the party and we had a good time racing together. Where there is a will there is a way.

Also you will find that the end of a race, the lobby screen, and the very beginning of the race is the best time to talk. When guys hit the track in a serious room nobody talks everybody is concentrating aint nothing to talk about. Drive.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 18-04-2018 at 04:31.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I do league races every week and we always use party chat on XB.