Thread: Audi R8 LMP900 Rear Rain Tire overheating

Platform
    XBOX1

Audi R8 LMP900 Rear Rain Tire overheating

We are testing at Road America in light rain with 1.40 on the rear tires, and they are overheating during sweeps after about 12 laps in. Any suggestions? Lower the temps a bit?
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Platform
    PS4
    Same problem with Bentley and GT1 cars in light rain conditions.
    There isn't enough water on the track to keep the tyres cool, and a lot of power.
    If you keep increasing pressure you will lose grip and heat tyres more. Or they will cool too much if the rain gets heavy. It comes down to tyre management.
    For wet setup, softer suspension and adjust differential to distribute the load evenly on all tyres as best you can.
    Personally I find using +1 gear on right turns helps me at road America. By that I mean use 4th for 3rd gear turns, 3rd instead of 2nd, etc.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Same problem with Bentley and GT1 cars in light rain conditions.
    There isn't enough water on the track to keep the tyres cool, and a lot of power.
    If you keep increasing pressure you will lose grip and heat tyres more. Or they will cool too much if the rain gets heavy. It comes down to tyre management.
    For wet setup, softer suspension and adjust differential to distribute the load evenly on all tyres as best you can.
    Personally I find using +1 gear on right turns helps me at road America. By that I mean use 4th for 3rd gear turns, 3rd instead of 2nd, etc.
    Thanks for the advice! Actually 1.38 worked OK, but when I went into the pits, pCARS did not change my pit request. WTF is wrong with this game?

Platform
    PS4
    On default settings the pit crew do what they want.
    And they're idiots
    This game does require a lot of micro-managing and checking for best results.

Save a custom pit strategy for that car/class. Make sure the tyre pressures in pit strategy match your car tuning before the start of the race.
    When you box, you have to select symmetrical for a tyre change.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    On default settings the pit crew do what they want.
    And they're idiots
    This game does require a lot of micro-managing and checking for best results.

Save a custom pit strategy for that car/class. Make sure the tyre pressures in pit strategy match your car tuning before the start of the race.
    When you box, you have to select symmetrical for a tyre change.
    I made a custom pit file, checked it off as YES as I went into the pits, selected save and OK. It did it's thing, but I came out with the wrong tires.
    "When you box, you have to select symmetrical for a tyre change" Does that mean you HAVE to select SYMMETRICAL, or it won't work correctly?

If the lobby gets re-started, does that mess up the pit strategies?
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 10-05-2017 at 14:57.

Platform
    PS4
    Choose symmetrical to enable a tyre change, select desired compounds and pressures. Save.
    In the race, when you enter the pit lane, choose the correct strategy, close the menu.

If the lobby is restarted it may have changed the pressures. So you'll want to double check.

I also double check via edit strategy when I enter the pit lane.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PC
    You need to verify before each race that you have the correct strategy enabled.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    XBOX1
    Seems as though my game is bugged or something because I went to make a tires and fuel, fuel only, and wet pit strat files. But all the sudden I can only have one file, and can't make any new ones. Pretty odd to say the least. tried with different cars and game modes, but no luck there. I have one file now that I'll have to modify as I box in for whatever I need.

Platform
    PC
    You could try a new profile. I'm not exactly sure how to backup and erase your current one via Xbox One (I'm sure the steps are on the forum) but that would be an option to try.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You could try a new profile. I'm not exactly sure how to backup and erase your current one via Xbox One (I'm sure the steps are on the forum) but that would be an option to try.
    I could do that because I have everything on paper, but I'm thinking maybe one pit strat is actually just a simple way to not get confused, (me or the game). I'll wait for pCARS2 with fingers crossed. LOL