Thread: PC1 on PS4 PRO

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

PC1 on PS4 PRO

WOW

What a difference!!

I absolutely loved this game on the standard PS4, and lived with the occasional slow down etc, but with my new PS4 PRO on 'Boost' mode, it's made it a totally different game!!! It's way smoother, and can pretty much cope with any scenario you throw at it! I also think it looks slightly clearer....but that is most likely the new shorter HDMI cable I'm using that came with the Pro...or it's my imagination.

Anyway, a couple of questions for those who may have this?

I'm currently set up in my office with the G29 etc, and I play on a really nice 24" Benq 1ms gaming monitor (TN display), but I really fancy upgrading to a 4K monitor. I know HDR monitors are only really now becoming available and cost the earth, does anyone here play PC1 on the Pro in 4K (yes I know it's not true 4k and the game wasn't made for anything above 1080p on the PS4). Just interested IF there is any difference in picture quality? Also, do you still get 60fps?

Just done a 44 car race, on Monza, mixed class, with myself in a GT3 so there is a field full of slower and faster cars, 15 laps and random weather (4 stages) with accelerated time. It was a beautiful experience!! Loved every second of it!

Oh...one more thing, does anyone know if PC2 with be enhanced for the Pro?

Cheers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    A shorter HDMI lead would have no bearing on the quality of the visuals

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKenna View Post
    A shorter HDMI lead would have no bearing on the quality of the visuals
    Yes that is correct, but the PS4 Pro comes with a premium HDMI 2.0 cable that supports 4k, and although my monitor is only 1080p, the image is clearer than with my standard HDMI cable. I have tested with both. I know many users weren't getting 4k from their PS4 pros as they were using there standard HDMI cables they already had installed. This was fixed when the supplied cable was used.

I know a digital cable is a digital cable, but it is clearer with the new HDMI 2.0 cable! Weird I know, but true! I'm only going on what my eyes are seeing. Maybe my cable was on it's way out, letting noise in, or something, really don't know

Platform
    PS4
    I don't have a PS4 Pro, but I do have a 65 inch OLED curved screen 4K TV, and on that thing even my regular PS4 version looks crisper and the color more vibrant. I'd say you're definitely going to see some kind of difference if you upgrade to a 4K HDR monitor.

Platform
    PS4
    But PC1 is not HDR.....
    Adam - Project CARS2 WMD Member

PS4 Pro/T150/WheelStandPro V2
    Samsung 49" 7000 Series or Sony 43" 8300 Series 4k TVs
    Denon AVR-X2200 and Monitor Audio/Elac 5.1.2 or Headphones

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by amazed View Post
    But PC1 is not HDR.....
    Depending on the quality of his current monitor, the colors could still look nicer. My LG OLED TV definitely looks a lot better than my crappy Emerson normal LED Wal-Mart special.
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

Platform
    PS4
    it has nothing to do with the hdmi cable, it looks clearer because the game runs smoother with boost mode with the stable framerate coupled with no screen tearing.