Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fake Wheel SHAKE

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    Come on hkraft, have you not read anything that has already been said in this thread, or what?
    I have.
    Been a waste of time, frankly.

Summary: you don't like it, most people don't care for it, SMS like it.
    3 pages later...

I agree with you on one point - if it starts bothering enough VR racers, SMS might just change their mind on the matter.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I have.
    Been a waste of time, frankly.

Summary: you don't like it, most people don't care for it, SMS like it.
    3 pages later...

I agree with you on one point - if it starts bothering enough VR racers, SMS might just change their mind on the matter.
    The last sentence makes me think that it hasn't been a waste of time after all.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    The last sentence makes me think that it hasn't been a waste of time after all.
    Patch 6 fiasco, telemetry data changes, udp 3Rd party app support on console, improvements in VR with almost every patch... can't say they don't listen.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Funny thing is, I am so busy actually racing that I don't notice it. I don't even know if it happens and I'm using a G27. I use an Andriod MoTeC display so I rarely look at the wheel and dash. That may be the problem, but I am kind of an OCD nut, so it really shocks me that I haven't seen it. I'll have to look for it this evening.
    "Friends are more important than winning. But I have been known to channel Dale Earnhardt...and Danica Patrick" ~DC (Toby)
    G25-G27 Steering Lock Cheatsheet
    PC - Dell Inspiron 3521 - Core i3 - 1.9GHz - 8GB RAM - Intel Graphics 4000 - Win 10 - LG W1952TQ (1440:900) - Control - G27 Controller - AGPtEK mouse - Samsung S6 for Telemetry

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    I complained about this too in PC1 alpha/beta stage once they put it in. It's okay for pad users but useless and distracting(it's the number one reason to turn off the wheel) for wheel users. And it's worse in VR because you see the wheel and arm shaking that are still IRL. That gets you out of the immersion big time.

But in PC1 you have visual wheel filtering to solve this IIRC. I really hope(pray) it (the option to turn it off) will be in PC2 because I really don't want to have to choose between turning off the wheel and it having spastic attacks on the straights for VR...

There's a lot of unfounded complaining about choices in PCars, but this involuntary design choice one was asking for it.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    im just one guy and my opinion prob means nothing but id rather the on screen wheel correlate with what my wheel is doing, especially as i use VR, its your game and you can do what you want, this is just my opinion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    You think it's crap, 74% of users prefer it for the sense of immersion. It's only visual.
    As more driver are driving in VR, even though a large majority like the shake, it would be nice, if at all possible, for the remaining minority, to be able to disable the shake.
    In VR it is detrimental to an other wise very convincing VR immersive experience in PCars.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cote Dazur View Post
    In VR it is detrimental to an other wise very convincing VR immersive experience in PCars.
    This!

With a monitor in cockpit view I can get around it by turning off wheel and arms(which is preferred anyway, because a double wheel doesn't make sense). That's nigh on impossible in VR because it's very weird looking at a cockpit without a wheel and arms.

That reminds we we need a seperate setting for wheel visibility in VR and normal. Because I can't stand one thing in one view and the opposite in the other and really don't want to change the setting every time I switch(VR-->Non-VR and vice versa).
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti