Thread: Career mode - impossible AI (Xbox One)

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Unhappy Career mode - impossible AI (Xbox One)

Hello, guys.
    I'm having a bit of an annoying problem here during the Clio Cup season, wonder if you could help me or/and give me some tips.

Although I decreased the AI level to 70, tried different setups with high ratings and have my controller set up properly, it's just impossible to beat the AI on Silverstone qualifications - couldn't even get a good enough lap time to get off the last place.

Believing it was my fault due to not braking enough or braking too much at times, I turned on the full guidance lines so I could see what I was doing wrong, and it's bizarre:
    On the first lap it feels like the AI doesn't even have to heat their tyres up. They just make those corners at full speed while my car always understeers or ends up spinning when trying to do the same.
    Then on the next few laps - with the tyres at an optimal temperature already - I tried tailing one of the AI vehicles to learn how they were getting into the turn, and they seem to do the turns at speeds which are shown as yellow/red for me. They simply do it, perfectly, without any problem. But if I try doing a turn while the line is just a bit yellowish my car will totally understeer and not make it or it will lose grip if I try forcing the wheel towards the corner in a desperate effort to make it, resulting in a spin.
    Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? I've tried dozen of different setups, even default and a custom made one, but it's impossible to do corners that fast like AI cars do...

Here's an example of what was going on when I tried doing the same as the car ahead: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Arch3rAc3/video/31235448 I also don't seem to be able to brake that effectively as the AI. They can reduce their speed so much without locking the brakes and even braking through the start of the turn. If I touch my brakes while turning, my car will do a 360║.

I seriously don't know what to do. If I try following the line, slowing down until it turns green so I can hit it perfectly, my opponents ahead will just get more and more distance from me.

Mod edit: fixed link
    Last edited by Konan; 17-05-2017 at 03:24. Reason: Not allowed to post links

Platform
    XBOX1
    I have experienced the same issue with the Ford Capri and a couple of pointers that helped me

1. ignore the braking lights/zones of the AI as I do not think they reflect what is actually going on and on some tracks you will not be able to do what they do
    2. some tracks are worse than others and in fact Silverstone was my last and I had to go down to 70 from my usual 90%
    3. try resetting setup back to default and run the track with only fuel reduced until you feel more comfortable - I have a suspicion sometimes that the tunes do not get saved correctly

on my next track oulton i started 5 seconds of the pace on a track I know well at 90% - reset the tune dropped the fuel, dropped tyre temps, messed with downforce and after a few more laps I am back to with 5/10 of the top spot

good luck
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms
    Xbox| Playseat« Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

The following 2 users likes this Post: ArcherAC3, Konan

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    I have experienced the same issue with the Ford Capri and a couple of pointers that helped me

1. ignore the braking lights/zones of the AI as I do not think they reflect what is actually going on and on some tracks you will not be able to do what they do
    2. some tracks are worse than others and in fact Silverstone was my last and I had to go down to 70 from my usual 90%
    3. try resetting setup back to default and run the track with only fuel reduced until you feel more comfortable - I have a suspicion sometimes that the tunes do not get saved correctly

on my next track oulton i started 5 seconds of the pace on a track I know well at 90% - reset the tune dropped the fuel, dropped tyre temps, messed with downforce and after a few more laps I am back to with 5/10 of the top spot

good luck
    Thanks, I'll try that!