Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLI for VR??

Platform
    PC

SLI for VR??

Does anyone know if this is can be done or even should be done??? My wife might divorce me if she sees three GTX1080Ti's in my computer. She might pull one out and beat me with it....... That was a bad picture.
    Anyway.... Pcars could really use SLI for VR!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is can be done or even should be done??? My wife might divorce me if she sees three GTX1080Ti's in my computer. She might pull one out and beat me with it....... That was a bad picture.
    Anyway.... Pcars could really use SLI for VR!
    why would you need 3?
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    AFAIK it depends on the VR device manufacturers to support SLI.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not many if any support sli as of today. Apparently its now much easier to do.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Platform
    PC
    I was reading about some instructions in Oculus about SLI coding. Don't know enough about coding to make a judgement call about how hard it would be but they said it is easier now.

As for why I would want three 1080Ti's, I have to ask, have you tried VR in Pcars? It is demanding on my 980Ti. You wouldn't want anything less! That's for sure!

It would be nice to see Pcars maxed out in VR I think.
    If you drive like hell you'll get there!!

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You can ask for it but they probably see it as a low priority as VR is a small fraction of users 'look at the wheel shake' thread & sli is even smaller. But im with you in hoping they do it & would cause me to invest in another card.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A
    The following user likes this Post: vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    As for why I would want three 1080Ti's, I have to ask, have you tried VR in Pcars? It is demanding on my 980Ti. You wouldn't want anything less! That's for sure!
    I mean if you are just sitting on the money and just want to spend it then sure 3 cards will look pretty in your PC. But from a performance point of view it's just pissing money away because SLI scales so badly beyond 2 cards, not mentioning many many games simply don't support or make use of more than 2 cards.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    SLI and Crossfire is a dying breed. I would much rather have a since 1080 Ti over two 1060 6GBs.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    SLI is the universe telling you you should havd bought a better gpu, or you are simply a schmuck who has spent too much money on the rig.

Only real reason to have multiple gpus is CUDA based rendering or deep learning.
    And you dont need to actualy run SLI for that to work.

There is an api for vr and sli but it has to be implemented on a per game basis.
    So far only title that has that is the nvidia VR creephouse.

Shouldn't be to improbable to see it in pcars 2 though.

But I would much rather see the implementation of SMP than SLI.
    That would be good for both multiscreen users and vr and all without requiring another 800$ 300watt monster.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post

But I would much rather see the implementation of SMP than SLI.
    That would be good for both multiscreen users and vr and all without requiring another 800$ 300watt monster.
    Good point about smp, i wonder is it used in pcars 2?