Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: How pit are going to work for standard production cars

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot ProjectCARSFiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    219
    Platform
    PS4

    How pit are going to work for standard production cars

    I was just wondering, with pitstops, obviously they're going to work perfectly fine with race versions of cars (GT3, Indycar etc.), but how are they going to work with stock standard production road cars (and Supercars)? Will the pit crew have different tools depending on if you're in a race version or road car? I'm asking this because not all, the majority of standard road cars won't be able to use that gun they undo the bolts with on race cars. And also found it a bit funny when that article was released about how they will now have actual animated pit stops in PC2, the picture they showed was of the McLaren P1, which is one of the cars that can't use the bolt gun it showed the pit guy holding.

  2. #2
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,364
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCARSFiend View Post
    I was just wondering, with pitstops, obviously they're going to work perfectly fine with race versions of cars (GT3, Indycar etc.), but how are they going to work with stock standard production road cars (and Supercars)? Will the pit crew have different tools depending on if you're in a race version or road car? I'm asking this because not all, the majority of standard road cars won't be able to use that gun they undo the bolts with on race cars. And also found it a bit funny when that article was released about how they will now have actual animated pit stops in PC2, the picture they showed was of the McLaren P1, which is one of the cars that can't use the bolt gun it showed the pit guy holding.
    on race cars that do not use lug nuts they are not refered to as Bolts they are refered to as Wheel Nuts

    Bolt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heavy_hex_bolt2-374x250.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	238088

    Nut
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db156322-c697-4eca-8dff-0662c8571feb_300.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	238089

    Wheel Nut
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12122.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	238090

    Lug Nut
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31887083113_547be5b5de_b.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	238091
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

  3. #3
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,409
    Platform
    PS4
    The "Wheel nut" picture is actually referred to as centre-lock.
    Used on track/ race cars for quick removal.
    P1 GTR has centre lock. Regular P1 has 5 stud.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

  4. #4
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,364
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    The "Wheel nut" picture is actually referred to as centre-lock.
    Used on track/ race cars for quick removal.
    P1 GTR has centre lock. Regular P1 has 5 stud.
    in america we call them center lock wheel nuts or just wheel nut for short. a car that has lug nuts we callem well lug nuts
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

  5. #5
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,409
    Platform
    PS4
    I wouldn't be fussed about which gun the pit crew would use for road cars.
    Road cars would very rarely see a tyre change anyway.
    I mean, which one of us is doing full tyre stint endurance races in road cars!
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan, proterra1


  6. #6
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,364
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I wouldn't be fussed about which gun the pit crew would use for road cars.
    Road cars would very rarely see a tyre change anyway.
    I mean, which one of us is doing full tyre stint endurance races in road cars!
    ill probably never touch the road cars if they arent the arial atoms or the caterhams any ways i like the race cars
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: mkstatto


  7. #7
    Superkart Pilot ProjectCARSFiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    219
    Platform
    PS4
    So what all you guys are basically saying is that they probably won't bother about changing wheels with road cars and just leave that to the race versions of cars?

  8. #8
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,364
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCARSFiend View Post
    So what all you guys are basically saying is that they probably won't bother about changing wheels with road cars and just leave that to the race versions of cars?
    no what im saying is ill probably never DRIVE the road versions they push to much in the corners i like the way the race cars handle better
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot ProjectCARSFiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    219
    Platform
    PS4
    Can anyone else seriously answer the question I just asked?
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER


  10. #10
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,364
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCARSFiend View Post
    Can anyone else seriously answer the question I just asked?
    we will find out for sure by September 22 or 23rd at the latest
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Similar Threads

  1. Tire squeal on Production cars?
    By DaWorstPlaya in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-01-2017, 00:20
  2. Tyre shredding standard set ups
    By Initia1 B in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 14-07-2015, 02:36
  3. Mute als Standard all players
    By xxoxxGURUxxoxx in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 21:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •