Thread: [RESOLVED] Fanatec CSW 2.5 Base Status: Not connected issue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] Fanatec CSW 2.5 Base Status: Not connected issue

Hi All Fanatec V2.5 Base owners!

Last night I tried to launch the wheel (Fanatec) software to edit a button assignment. I first clicked on the "F" Fanatec software exe icon, which launches the Windows 10 Game Controller window. From there, I selected 1 of the 2 devices, and clicked on properties, which is supposed to launch the wheel configuration/properties window. Instead of launching tho, the 2 devices disappeared entirely from the Game Contoller window! The wheel configuration window never launched.

Now, after several hours of trying to remove and restore the wheel in the Game Controller window while either in XBox1 or PC mode, I cannot get the PC to connect to the wheel again. And even if I could, the wheel configuration software won't launch, and would most likely disconnect the wheel from the PC (again!). Something is very wrong!

Has anyone else had this issue, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Randy (aka =Oz=)
    The following user likes this Post: vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Hi All Fanatec V2.5 Base owners!

Last night I tried to launch the wheel (Fanatec) software to edit a button assignment. I first clicked on the "F" Fanatec software exe icon, which launches the Windows 10 Game Controller window. From there, I selected 1 of the 2 devices, and clicked on properties, which is supposed to launch the wheel configuration/properties window. Instead of launching tho, the 2 devices disappeared entirely from the Game Contoller window! The wheel configuration window never launched.

Now, after several hours of trying to remove and restore the wheel in the Game Controller window while either in XBox1 or PC mode, I cannot get the PC to connect to the wheel again. And even if I could, the wheel configuration software won't launch, and would most likely disconnect the wheel from the PC (again!). Something is very wrong!

Has anyone else had this issue, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Randy (aka =Oz=)
    Very probably a Windows 10 issue. Did you try to remove the Fanatec driver completely and re-install it?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes. Thanks~ I tried both repair and complete removal/re-install of 2.73 driver (since my earlier email). Now I have the 2 devices in the Game Controller window, but the device manager still shows the wheel status as "Not connected". This just keeps getting weirder!

I agree it looks like a Windows issue, but short of re-installing windows, I'm not sure what to try next!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d-manager.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	238100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gm-controller.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	238101

Platform
    PC
    Please install the latest driver: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discus...e-wb-csl-e-ps4
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: vegaguy5555

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Done! And thank you. Didn't know there were newer versions out (2.81 also). But nothing has changed.

* The Game Controller has both devices,
    * The Device Manager still shows "Not connected"
    * When I attempt to open the wheel config window by selecting 1 of the devices and clicking properties, I get:

Name:	error.jpg 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	238102

I've also tried different usb ports, but I don't believe that's the problem either because I can change modes fm xbox1 -> pc and back, and have the Game Controller respond appropriately (on off with the 2 Fanatec devices). Just the device manager doesn't recognize the wheel as connected.
    Last edited by Randy; 10-06-2017 at 20:09.

Platform
    PC
    Check Steam's Big Picture Mode, under settings>controllers and delete any controllers listed.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard / AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core CPU@4.0Ghz / 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2X4GB DDR3-1866,
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / Crimson ReLive 17.4.3 Drivers.
    TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers |Logitech G27
    240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64 | BenQ V2400W | Corsair TX850W Power Supply

In-game settings: @ 1920 X 1200 | Texture Rez HIGH | Post Filter On | LensFlare OFF | Bloom OFF | Haze OFF | Detailed Grass-Med | HDR Photo | Tex Filter 16x | Game_VSync OFF | SMAA Off | FXAA Off |Reflections MED | Vehicle Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadows MED | Motion Blur OFF | Render Ahead 2 |
    Steam CMD line Options:-dx11mt -pthreads 4 -fpscap 60 -skipcrowds -skipidiots

Proud to be a 5% club member
    Steam : Bullwinkle
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Sankyo, vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    It's normal BTW that there are two instances of the CSW v2.5 showing up in the control panel.

Did you already try to connect the wheel to a different USB port on your PC? Did you try to re-install the USB device driver of your motherboard?
    And finally, did you try to disconnect all other USB devices to see if that helps (also when installing the Fanatec driver).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    It's normal BTW that there are two instances of the CSW v2.5 showing up in the control panel.

Did you already try to connect the wheel to a different USB port on your PC? Did you try to re-install the USB device driver of your motherboard?
    And finally, did you try to disconnect all other USB devices to see if that helps (also when installing the Fanatec driver).
    Yes to both! I did read that there can even be sometimes 3 devices, so I did know 2 was normal, and either can be used to enter the config window.

So finally, last night, I was able to launch the Fanatec config window when clicking on properties! I installed the beta driver as you suggested, which then triggered a requirement to update the firmware too. Once I did that, the wheel status showed connected properly. So I am most of the way back. Now I'm trying to re-calibrate the wheel center, and then I'll have to reset all my FF settings. The button assignments remained, and when I enter PCars now, the wheel is recognized again.

Thanks for your help (all!). I still don't know what caused the original problem. Just hope it doesn't happen again~

Best!
    Randy
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Sankyo, vegaguy5555

Platform
    PC
    I had bought the new18080Ti came home with installed in my computer. Plugged everything back in that was tapped, marked and photographed. "Wheel not recognized by Windows10". I couldn't figure it out. I had asked so many questions from Fanatec that I actually got a call from Germany Fanatec. And it took him a while to sort it out. Ended up using a beta firmware but it's working now!

Thank you Fanatec!!
    If you drive like hell you'll get there!!
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    I had bought the new18080Ti came home with installed in my computer. Plugged everything back in that was tapped, marked and photographed. "Wheel not recognized by Windows10". I couldn't figure it out. I had asked so many questions from Fanatec that I actually got a call from Germany Fanatec. And it took him a while to sort it out. Ended up using a beta firmware but it's working now!

Thank you Fanatec!!
    That's weird, I had exactly the same thing. Bought a CSW 2.5 with Porsche wheel, got delivered yesterday, used it yesterday evening without trouble. Installed the 1080ti that arrived today: no worky no CSW no more.

Got exactly this error:
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Name:	error.jpg 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	238102
    Did a reinstall of the Fanatec software, didn't work. went back to 289(with the firmware(298 I think), and it was visible again. But.... I couldn't calibrate it anymore.

So back to 292 with firmware 317... But still can't calibrate. And I think I know why, it's not recognizing the joystick(it doesn't do anyting in the Fanatec control panel either)

So now I'm wondering if it's a software problem, or if my 918 wheel(-joystick) has given up the ghost I have it unplugged(from USB and power) now to see if it helps. Will reconnect later to check if it's working again.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 04-01-2018 at 20:32.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper

/
    // MaximusDoriftus (Steam))