Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first online race ..... many questions

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

My first online race ..... many questions

So finally jumped in raced online, GT3 field 13 deep at Zolder. Very messy qualifying but managed one clean lap and started 3rd. Cue chaos for a few laps then things settled down and it became clear 4 of us were a good deal faster than the the rest of the pack. I had an almighty battle for the podium before having to bail as guests arrived.

So, questions;

- Why did my rearviewmirror vanish? Massively annoying and I have nfi where it went.
    - No option to tweak the car settings in the pits or between qualy and race, any idea why?
    - I was bumped off at a chicane but then copped a 5 second penalty for cutting the corner, is the penalty system rally this black and white?
    - What settings were applied to the car? I have never driven a GT3 around Zolder so did it just load the default settings and if so did the same apply to other drivers or is it a case if they had saved settings that iot applied those?

Thanks in advance.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    1. Your rear view vanished probably because you nicked the HUD button by accident. I've done it a couple times. Especially when looking at brake temps and tire temps during the race.

2. No there isn't. Big, big oversight.

3. Yes, it is. Our league never runs with penalties on for this reason and for the fact that taking control away from the driver unexpectedly and slow him down to like 50kph causes a bunch of issues for guys behind. Also, the penalty system isn't consistent, penalising harsh in some areas but allowing plenty of run off in others.

4. The only way to know if it was default setups is if the setup page was locked. It IS the same for every driver although, I've seen different fuel loads applied. Sometimes a full tank, sometimes enough to get to the end... I don't know if this has any effect on the speed of the car, but still... It would be nice to be able to change fuel/tires/brake ducts/steering lock/radiator and other things that affect the health of the car, apply to the personal preference of the driver, the weather conditions (because I can't trust the game to chose the right tires), and the length of the race. Another oversight, in my opinion...

Which I suspect is unpopular...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Synystr View Post
    1. Your rear view vanished probably because you nicked the HUD button by accident. I've done it a couple times. Especially when looking at brake temps and tire temps during the race.

2. No there isn't. Big, big oversight.

3. Yes, it is. Our league never runs with penalties on for this reason and for the fact that taking control away from the driver unexpectedly and slow him down to like 50kph causes a bunch of issues for guys behind. Also, the penalty system isn't consistent, penalising harsh in some areas but allowing plenty of run off in others.

4. The only way to know if it was default setups is if the setup page was locked. It IS the same for every driver although, I've seen different fuel loads applied. Sometimes a full tank, sometimes enough to get to the end... I don't know if this has any effect on the speed of the car, but still... It would be nice to be able to change fuel/tires/brake ducts/steering lock/radiator and other things that affect the health of the car, apply to the personal preference of the driver, the weather conditions (because I can't trust the game to chose the right tires), and the length of the race. Another oversight, in my opinion...

Which I suspect is unpopular...
    hopefully all these issues will be fixed on pcars2
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Getting flagged for getting bumped off the track or even slipping off the track and steering like a mad man to keep it straight and back on the the track is clearly not cutting. I'm not even aware of too many places you can successfully cut a corner and gain time. There shouldn't be. It's a program after all. Put an invisible wall in. Problem solved!
    If you drive like hell you'll get there!!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    Getting flagged for getting bumped off the track or even slipping off the track and steering like a mad man to keep it straight and back on the the track is clearly not cutting. I'm not even aware of too many places you can successfully cut a corner and gain time. There shouldn't be. It's a program after all. Put an invisible wall in. Problem solved!
    an invisible wall wouldnt be realistic though
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    An invisible wall would also cause issues with avoiding actions... and quite frankly, its not the correct way to go about it.

People... Seriously, join a league. You'll make friends, earn other's respect, learn how people drive and how to setup the car. You're almost guarantee to improve. That is the BEST way to police a race. We've never had issues with cheaters in our league, and I think many other league's can attest to it.

Pub lobbies will always be pub lobbies and shouldn't be taken seriously... or policed seriously.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah maybe a league solves some issues. The chicane in question is the first big one at Zolder, left/right slight uphill and yeah you gain like 2 seconds by jumping it but I was nerfed into the cut.

So to clarify, settings are the same for ALL drivers? How is that possible? I have done a million miles at Bathurst and have the car set up to my liking but if I run a race there it switches back to default? Would be mighty pissed if that is the case.

There is no way i nerfed the rearview mirror, impossible as i have disabled all access via button assignment as i find I keep hitting them by accident, so i am locked in. Going to an Ai race the next day and it was back again.

So how are longer races done if you cannot pit and change fuel loads etc?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah maybe a league solves some issues. The chicane in question is the first big one at Zolder, left/right slight uphill and yeah you gain like 2 seconds by jumping it but I was nerfed into the cut.

So to clarify, settings are the same for ALL drivers? How is that possible? I have done a million miles at Bathurst and have the car set up to my liking but if I run a race there it switches back to default? Would be mighty pissed if that is the case.

There is no way i nerfed the rearview mirror, impossible as i have disabled all access via button assignment as i find I keep hitting them by accident, so i am locked in. Going to an Ai race the next day and it was back again.

So how are longer races done if you cannot pit and change fuel loads etc?
    You shouldn't do longer races if the setups are locked to default.

When you go into a server, check the settings. If its locked to default setups, it'll just override your current setup and force everyone back to default. But your setup will be there if you go back without it locked.

I don't know about your mirror.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok so there is an option to run with one's own settings if set up in such a way by the host. Sweet.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    - No option to tweak the car settings in the pits or between qualy and race, any idea why?
    - What settings were applied to the car?

Thanks in advance.
    Not between qualifying and race, the break is too short showing the timing board/qualifying results. But during qualifying and practice you can tweak all you like. It's a "parc ferme" situation. Some options are restricted depending on the car.

My theory is that lobby host may have forced default setup only, so everybody would have to run the same game default setup.
    In that mode, the pit strategy as well as car tuning is locked out.
    Knowing the incompetence of the pit crew, this causes problems.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25