Thread: Project CARS 2 - general discussion thread

Hybrid View

Platform
    PC

Project CARS 2 - general discussion thread

Bannochbrae Road Circuit confirmed !!!

Platform
    PS4
    Irrelevant posts moved here from confirmed track thread...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    I know what you did there @hkraft300

Anyway, there are lots of compounds so, it'll depend on the car track and especially weather and track conditions.

It's not easy but to compensate a bit, don't forget tyres are getting better too so you can go "flat out" for a couple of stints and the tyres still last. In LMP2 last year at Le Mans I recall that some teams even triple stint them (at night).

And this year with high temps and limited tyres it'll be fun to watch

But this is just more "extreme" situation to point out that it's not always like... Pirelli bad year
    ---

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.3GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (375.70) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair CX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Asus Xonar DX + Asus Vulcan Pro | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    | Monitor: 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 (USB) + CSS SQ (driver 261b/fw204+fw1.30) | Damping: 100 | 900º
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0 | FFB/TF: 100/70 | Per Wheel Movement: -0.07/0.03/0.01 | DRR/DRF: 0.01/0.01
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut| FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100| Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100
    | Tweakers: None

| Visual FX: Blur: Off | HDR: Photo | Aniso: 16x | AA: DS2X| Vsync: Off (fast v-sync in drivers)| Flare: OFF | FOV: 106 | Grass: Off | Other: envmap/reflections/shadows: low - car/track: ultra
    | Driving assists : Off
    | CmdLine: -skipcrowds -dx11mt -pthreads 4
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Michelin makes a better tire than pirelli in my opinion
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    Yellow means..
    ok thanks. Oh and the guy was Austin? heheh would have never realized it was about him.

The last two:

a) Do low pressures cause way more increased wear under sunny conditions?
    b) Tyre wear is 100% represented on each tyre graphic, or it's again the weird 50% only no one understood why back then?

Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Michelin makes a better tire than pirelli in my opinion
    All day long. Still, best tyres continue to be american made to this day.
    i7-4790k_Cooler Master V8 gts / 970 G1 / Asus Ranger 7/ 16gbg-skill Trident ddr3 1600 / Seasonic g650w gold / Samsung 850 pro 500Gb_WD 1TB green / nzxt 530 white / rehobus fan controller nzxt sentry 3_3x20cm fans cooler master megaflow red led / Asus vs278q 1ms 27'/ t300 gte_t3pa

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    ok thanks. Oh and the guy was Austin? heheh would have never realized it was about him.

The last two:

b) Tyre wear is 100% represented on each tyre graphic, or it's again the weird 50% only no one understood why back then?

except Michelin are a french company but yes they make tires in america too
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC

The last two:

The 50% thing is because the HUD is only showing you the tread layer and not the entire carcass. At 50% "tire" wear, as the HUD displays, you have actually used 100% of your Tread layer. This is the layer the tire is actually designed to run on. The carcass layer is not built as a driveable layer. It's the foundation of the tire. To me, the HUD display makes perfect sense that way.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    The 50% thing is because the HUD is only showing you the tread layer and not the entire carcass. At 50% "tire" wear, as the HUD displays, you have actually used 100% of your Tread layer. This is the layer the tire is actually designed to run on. The carcass layer is not built as a driveable layer. It's the foundation of the tire. To me, the HUD display makes perfect sense that way.
    agreed other wise you would be driving on the carcus thinking you still have tire left and BAM! flat tire.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    i7-4790k_Cooler Master V8 gts / 970 G1 / Asus Ranger 7/ 16gbg-skill Trident ddr3 1600 / Seasonic g650w gold / Samsung 850 pro 500Gb_WD 1TB green / nzxt 530 white / rehobus fan controller nzxt sentry 3_3x20cm fans cooler master megaflow red led / Asus vs278q 1ms 27'/ t300 gte_t3pa

Platform
    PC
    honestly i dont look at tire wear indicators when i start to slide around i come and get 4 mr feel goods and mark the lap number so i know how long of a stint i can do on tires