Page 113 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1362

Thread: Project CARS 2 - general discussion thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    I am kinda mixed with this as those silly HW cars in FH3 were actually real custom made cars. Essentially a really ugly version of the SVA lancer with a lot less performance.

I do crucious how would Twin Mill drives in Pcars as it has 2 separate engine.

Ideally, I also won't want this kind of stuff in the game.
    techically there has been three twin mills but the first one is the only one they built a full size version of

Sorry im a hot wheels enthusiest been litterally collecting since before i was born via my dad LOL well over 300 in my collection

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3313.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	242484
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Cheesenium, Tank621

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebabfelix View Post
    Playerbase is getting real low now, same as Assetto Corsa right now.

Really wanted 50k players every night, god damn it. Get your friends to buy this game!!
    That right there is my biggest complaint in regards to the release of this game. Anyone can say what they will about how this is the new norm but it kills gaming communities and it kills games.

The damage is done now. Many people who have tried it and given up will never come back. If they waited to release it until after it was right, then even if everyone was already playing Forza and GTS when people heard about this new ultimate sim with weather and realistic tyres and real transitions instead of racing for an hour at dusk or dawn with a sun that doesn't move... everyone would try it and come over to it. People will still play both games but PCARS2 would be very popular. That will never happen now. PC2 should have been the future of online racing, now it will never realise its potential and I'll always be upset that is was released like this and that stupid developers haven't learned from every game that has done this and effectively become still born.

After they actually fix this game that will be the next thing I'll want to see from SMS. I'll want to see if they try to make it right, I'll want to see if they try to do anything different or special to try and bring back the players that they would have had if they didn't botch the release. But they'll need to do more than fix it first now because of the way people think. Now not only will they need to fix the bugs but they will also have to fix the complaints if they ever want to have a chance at bringing people back. Because if they had delivered a game without issues people wouldn't have abandoned it when it over design choices but now that people have abandoned it they will use those arguments not to give it another chance.

It's like if someone told an iRacing hater that iRacing was now awesome and cars no longer has seesaw physics, they might say something like "does it still have autoclutch? Yeah that's not realistic, lat me know when they fix that". People will do the same now with PC2 and here are few of the defences against ever giving it a chance that I'd expect.

Can you reconnect to a race from the pits if you are disconnected?
    Are the filters still crap?
    Does TT still force you to share your setup?

And that is the problem they now face, to get anyone back to give it another chance they will also need to fix the things those people didn't like about the game as well as the issues.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    and that stupid developers haven't learned from every game that has done this and effectively become still born.
    You really want to go that road?
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    You really want to go that road?
    That isn't primarily directed at SMS, I was actually thinking of a much bigger company that is well documented for one of the worst releases ever when I said that. But generally speaking I think it is stupid for any developer to release games that are broken with the argument that this is now normal. Perhaps that word will be taken differently to how I intend but to soften the blow what I'm saying is it is ignorant not to understand how this negatively effects the online community for that game in a way that most if not all never recover from.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    That isn't primarily directed at SMS, I was actually thinking of a much bigger company that is well documented for one of the worst releases ever when I said that. But generally speaking I think it is stupid for any developer to release games that are broken with the argument that this is now normal. Perhaps that word will be taken differently to how I intend but to soften the blow what I'm saying is it is ignorant not to understand how this negatively effects the online community for that game in a way that most if not all never recover from.
    Only future will tell...
    BTW...where did you get the notion that a patch will roll out tomorrow?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1390588

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'll always be upset that is was released like this and that stupid developers haven't learned from every game that has done this and effectively become still born.
    Wow, on so many levels. Did you even read that back? I hope you are Ok because it sounds like your issues lie far beyond a £40 car racing sim.
    The following user likes this Post: pkcraistlin

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    That right there is my biggest complaint in regards to the release of this game. Anyone can say what they will about how this is the new norm but it kills gaming communities and it kills games..
    Absolutely. Releasing games working under such acceptable status kills the online community, just like it harms the reputation of the game.

Take the Driveclub for instance, which could very well have become the next greatest arcade racing series after Project Gotham. Never recovered from the initial impact despite fixing the game later.

Same happened to pc1 anyway. Great game released too in an unbearable working status, whose community went down to very low percentages after two months of life. Fixing the game many months later didn't bring players back either.

Then they come and tell <<you the you don't know how development works; the retailers; the distributors, the blahblah etc blahblah you know nothing about anything blah blah BLAH!>>, usual lecture!. Ok apologizers. Look at Blizzard, Rockstar, cloud imperium games, and a large etc of others.

I wanted pc2 community to be so big..., and here we are again, with numbers going down just as quickly as they did in pc1. Great.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Only future will tell...
    BTW...where did you get the notion that a patch will roll out tomorrow?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1390588
    Remember that context thing we were talking about yesterday?

It's a movement I'm starting stemming based on mind hacks or the power of positive thinking.

Earlier I said that if we think positive thoughts it will happen so rather than think logically that we probably wont see a patch for between a week and a month I suggested people should start thinking positive and mind hack the patch out sooner.

People decided the patch will be out tomorrow. Good thing my Dad isn't around to say "tomorrow never comes".

If for some reason not enough people were thinking hard enough that it will come out tomorrow then tomorrow we must work harder to get more people onboard to say it will come out tomorrow. I understand if you are not able to get on this train but by becoming a mod you gave up your right to enjoy the forum so tough luck ;P I say that in a cheeky lighthearted way as a former moderator and administrator of forums that I gave up so i could go back to having fun on forums instead of working on them.

Remember that context thing we were talking about yesterday?

It's a movement I'm starting stemming based on mind hacks or the power of positive thinking.

Earlier I said that if we think positive thoughts it will happen so rather than think logically that we probably wont see a patch for between a week and a month I suggested people should start thinking positive and mind hack the patch out sooner.

People decided the patch will be out tomorrow. Good thing my Dad isn't around to say "tomorrow never comes".

If for some reason not enough people were thinking hard enough that it will come out tomorrow then tomorrow we must work harder to get more people onboard to say it will come out tomorrow. I understand if you are not able to get on this train but by becoming a mod you gave up your right to enjoy the forum so tough luck ;P I say that in a cheeky lighthearted way as a former moderator and administrator of forums that I gave up so i could go back to having fun on forums instead of working on them.
    I do both, I moderate under my own account and when I want to have some fun I log in as 'Ian Bell'
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Konan, Roger Prynne, Sessionerror, Tank621

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    but by becoming a mod you gave up your right to enjoy the forum so tough luck ;P
    Oh i'm still having fun...if that would stop,i would quit altogether...
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68