Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS 2 - general discussion thread

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Don't know if this has been asked before but are the air jacks in pit stops manually controllable like the lights and wipers are?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by proterra1 View Post
    Don't know if this has been asked before but are the air jacks in pit stops manually controllable like the lights and wipers are?
    Drivers don't control the air jacks in real life.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GenBrien, proterra1, ykiki

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Drivers don't control the air jacks in real life.
    Oh, I didn't know that, who controls them then? Is it a mechanic? I'd always assumed it was the driver.

Edit: a quick google search and I've found a mechanic attaches an air pressure tube. Ignore my ignorance above!!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, ykiki

Platform
    PS4
    Oh man, I think people are getting crazy or something...Eclipse? Tornadoes? ISS? C'mon people, this is a racing simulation....it means grid girls wearing bikinis
    "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer..."
    The following 10 users likes this Post: amazed, APR193, F1_Racer68, FS7, hkraft300, Konan, McKiernan, proterra1, Tank621, TUR80

Platform
    PC
    yeah this is..., getting out of hand a little. Back on Earth boys please hah
    i7-4790k_Cooler Master V8 gts / 970 G1 / Asus Ranger 7/ 16gbg-skill Trident ddr3 1600 / Seasonic g650w gold / Samsung 850 pro 500Gb_WD 1TB green / nzxt 530 white / rehobus fan controller nzxt sentry 3_3x20cm fans cooler master megaflow red led / Asus vs278q 1ms 27'/ t300 gte_t3pa

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    I want to see wallabies at Bathurst.
    You mean these critters, kangaroos......

Wallabies are the littler fury ones

RU
    The only dumb Question is the one you don't ask!
    PC: M/Board:Gigabyte H97M-D3H l CPU: i5-4570[3.2Ghz] l GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 l HD: SSD 480Gb l Ram: 16Gb 1300MHz l OS: Win10 X64 CONTROLER: Fanatec GT2 Wheel l Clubsport Pedals V1 RIG: RU486GT V3.1[homemade] l Buttkicker Gamer2 MISC: Sony Bravia 42 HD 1920x1080 l Asus 22 [2nd screen] l Turtle Beach X41 H/set l SimCommander4 l PCars Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well the count down as now started and game will be with us soon, but as of now i have not seen 1 video of this game running on xbox one
    Pcars1 had lots of videos, we just see pc and vr and there are many console players out there who want to see something on consoles
    all this vr stuff is no good to us console players and most will just never or need to use it, just 1 vid from xb1 would be good seeing its like 2 weeks now till game release.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RU486 View Post
    You mean these critters, kangaroos......

Wallabies are the littler fury ones

RU
    We need both then. 2015 it was a wallaby that caused a FCY. At least it was reported as a wallaby during the race broadcast.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean to come across as trying to argue whether it's kangaroos or wallabies. That really doesn't matter. My original point was simply that I woul rather SMS spend time on real, race impacting, extras rather than stuff like eclipses, tornadoes, or the ISS passing overhead. Things that waste resources and don't actually add any value. No one will stop mid race to watch the ISS fly by or look at an exlipse, and a tornado would mean the race had already been red flagged due to lightning. Hence no value add. Hell there are threads here where people already whine about the "annoying helicopter", and now we have guys asking for eclipses and ISS. The only eclipse that deserves to be in the game is the one made by Mitsubishi.
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 08-09-2017 at 11:13.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Grijo, hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    We need both then. 2015 it was a wallaby that caused a FCY. At least it was reported as a wallaby during the race broadcast.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean to come across as trying to argue whether it's kangaroos or wallabies. That really doesn't matter. My original point was simply that I woul rather SMS spend time on real, race impacting, extras rather than stuff like eclipses, tornadoes, or the ISS passing overhead. Things that waste resources and don't actually add any value. No one will stop mid race to watch the ISS fly by or look at an exlipse, and a tornado would mean the race had already been red flagged due to lightning. Hence no value add. Hell there are threads here where people already whine about the "annoying helicopter", and now we have guys asking for eclipses and ISS. The only eclipse that deserves to be in the game is the one made by Mitsubishi.
    I think it's cool to "loose" the conversation a little bit once in a while, at least for me. Especially because it makes the atmosphere of that forum a lot better than others that I entered, more friendly. Thread "derails" a little bit but always come back to the track.

Back to the topic: I pre-ordered my copy about two days ago! Yay! I'm seeing and saw lots of videos, but I coudn't find a video with the "time attack" Lancer...or maybe I didn't searched right...I want to see (and of course, race) that beast racing in something wild, maybe California Highway, to feel a little bit like Ari Vatanen doing hillclimb.
    "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer..."
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grijo View Post
    I coudn't find a video with the "time attack" Lancer...or maybe I didn't searched right...I want to see (and of course, race) that beast racing in something wild, maybe California Highway, to feel a little bit like Ari Vatanen doing hillclimb.
    Here's one I found:

* Intel i5-6600k * ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX * TX 458 Italia base with Custom Arduino Nano brained real car steering wheel * TH8A * Fanatec Club Sport V3 pedals * Custom Arduino Uno driven analog handbrake * Modded Playseat Evolution * 5% club * Jack Spade Folder 5 * GTSimms T300 FFB Master * Hopefully HTC Vive by year's end *
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Grijo