Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Man's Talk

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    I've got to adjust my nap times this year so I don't miss the finish. Last year I didn't take any naps and ended up falling asleep with an hour to go and didn't wake up until 2 hours after the finish so I missed all of the Toyota drama.
    i try to go to bed in the night here in america around midnight and wake up at 5 in the morning to watch the rest of the race
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    About 1 hour before the start of the race! Where are you guys watching the race? I'm watching it on TV in Belgium, Eurosport broadcasts the race completely but it has annoying commercial breaks. In the end that's not so bad, those breaks are nice to collect food, drinks, visitr the bathroom, check the PCARS 2 forum, etc etc.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Serious question.
    What do you guys get out of watching this race, as I find it gets very boring after the first hour or 2.
    It just seems to me like a load of cars (very nice cars) going around a track and not much real racing.

We all like something different and so we should, but I'm just interested in your opinions and reasons for watching it.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    About 1 hour before the start of the race! Where are you guys watching the race? I'm watching it on TV in Belgium, Eurosport broadcasts the race completely but it has annoying commercial breaks. In the end that's not so bad, those breaks are nice to collect food, drinks, visitr the bathroom, check the PCARS 2 forum, etc etc.
    Foxsportsgo https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/...f-le-mans-race

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Serious question.
    What do you guys get out of watching this race, as I find it gets very boring after the first hour or 2.
    It just seems to me like a load of cars (very nice cars) going around a track and not much real racing.

We all like something different and so we should, but I'm just interested in your opinions and reasons for watching it.
    I love ALL endurance sports car races but this is the most loved one of all of them for me nothing else like Le Mans in the world
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Serious question.

The hype, the track (yes I really do like this track since it's so long and has some interesting sections), the cars (even though LMP1 is a bit thin packed with Audi gone but I'm rooting for Toyota even more this year ), the drama, the authority drill-instructor voice of that race director (lol that dude scares the crap out of me each time I hear him :P) the enthousiasm of these Dutch commentators on Eurosport and their knowledge about just everything, the Twitter Eurosport account to ask questions / put comments and get that answered live on TV is fun. :P

In all honestly I think the track has a lot to do with it. I don't like the Circuit Bugatti much but the 24h circuit with the road sections is just great. Also the coverage is great, good camera positions and there isn't one car on track that crashes out without a camera having seen it. For me personally Monaco, Indianapolis, Daytona and the Nordschleife mean nothing compared to this, the 24h race at Le Mans is hands down the greatest motorsport race in the world.

I have watched several other endurance races this year (24h Dubai, 12h Bathurst, 24h Daytona, 24h Paul Ricard) and some still from last year (24h Spa) and those absolutely don't compare with the mother of all races. Having that said I thoroughly enjoyed Spa and Daytona as well and especially Bathurst (it was the first year I watched that race, OMG the excitement of it).

But Roger I know it's not for everyone. We all love motorsports and simulation, but we can all have different tastes about which types of motorsports are more fun or which cars and tracks. In the end it is what it is, I gave up trying to understand all the hype about the Nordschleife long time ago.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 17-06-2017 at 12:47.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Makman43

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    The hype, the track (yes I really do like this track since it's so long and has some interesting sections), the cars (even though LMP1 is a bit thin packed with Audi gone but I'm rooting for Toyota even more this year ), the drama, the authority drill-instructor voice of that race director (lol that dude scares the crap out of me each time I hear him :P) the enthousiasm of these Dutch commentators on Eurosport and their knowledge about just everything, the Twitter Eurosport account to ask questions / put comments and get that answered live on TV is fun. :P

In all honestly I think the track has a lot to do with it. I don't like the Circuit Bugatti much but the 24h circuit with the road sections is just great. Also the coverage is great, good camera positions and there isn't one car on track that crashes out without a camera having seen it. For me personally Monaco, Indianapolis, Daytona and the Nordschleife mean nothing compared to this, the 24h race at Le Mans is hands down the greatest motorsport race in the world.
    agreed LE MANS IS KING!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Serious question.

I share some of your feelings, but I watch it for the cars, mostly. Those are the cars I usually race in sims.

The Indy 500 is a shorter version of this, too. More strategic than wheel-to-wheel action, which only happens in the end when everyone's pushing for the big prize.

Though I believe the part people like the most in LM is the night stint, when not only the cars but also the people are already tired, especially when it rains.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Platform
    PC
    what is all the AIR HORN noises i keep hearing over the telecast

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Them South Africans...
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Pit warning probably...

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad