Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC2 > Optimization for Xbox One X in Full HD

Platform
    XBOX1

Question PC2 > Optimization for Xbox One X in Full HD

Hello,
    Project CARS 2 will it be much more beautiful in Full HD on the Xbox One X than on the Xbox One S ?

Thanks
    A fan of Project CARS that can not play because of the 6.0

Platform
    PC
    No information has been provided on this.. All that has been said is that SMS will not hold back features for it as compared to other consoles.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    XBOX1
    I just hopes it runs half decently on the stock Xbox with a Kinect plugged in and in instant on mode, unlike the stuttering on PC1.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    No information has been provided on this.. All that has been said is that SMS will not hold back features for it as compared to other consoles.
    Makes me wonder what that will be. Higher framerate, faster loading times and higher resolution are the obvious ones, HDR will be there as well I assume (if PC2 has HDR to begin with). But I hope it goes a step further with more AI on the grid for singleplayer and who knows what else.

What were the main differences between PC and console for PC1?
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I'd take medium graphics on the Scorpio if it did 4K@60.

SMS needs to try and hit 60. Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it, so this is pretty important, not to mention the hardcore public who prefers 60 because it's more responsive. It might require CBR, but if the game still looks better than Forza (or at least comparable) people won't care.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpectre87 View Post
    Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it
    Well it's not that their feature list is big on this one so for sure they need to hammer on their 60 fps for 4K HDR since it's all they have. What else was new in their latest upcoming title? A few of the maps have dynamic rain and you can now put an astronaut in your car, wheeeee!!!!!!! Seriously I think they do well enough digging their own grave.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it, so this is pretty important, not to mention the hardcore public who prefers 60 because it's more responsive.
    Forza is basically first party software though, they have the best case scenario for optimisation.
    Considering Phil Spencer and his apparent complete disregard of 60fps being important and deflecting questions in interviews, I wouldn't be surprised if even with the power in the Xbox One X we will see 3rd party games unable to pull 60fps at 4k.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Logitech G27 + TH8A shifter + CSP V3 | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Forza is basically first party software though, they have the best case scenario for optimisation.
    Considering Phil Spencer and his apparent complete disregard of 60fps being important and deflecting questions in interviews, I wouldn't be surprised if even with the power in the Xbox One X we will see 3rd party games unable to pull 60fps at 4k.
    Lots of them will be 30 fps, because the hardware can't do it, 6 TFLOPS is just too little for 4K and 60 fps.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstatto View Post
    I just hopes it runs half decently on the stock Xbox with a Kinect plugged in and in instant on mode, unlike the stuttering on PC1.
    I haven't had any major problem with Pcars one. just make sure you restart the game before you start racing

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd take medium graphics on the Scorpio if it did 4K@60.

SMS needs to try and hit 60. Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it, so this is pretty important, not to mention the hardcore public who prefers 60 because it's more responsive. It might require CBR, but if the game still looks better than Forza (or at least comparable) people won't care.
    I honestly don't give a damn about framerate as long as it stable. it can be 24 which is the lowest your eye can see but as long as it's a rock solid you would never notice.
    The following user likes this Post: DECATUR PLAYA