Thread: Logitech G920 issues?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Logitech G920 issues?

Hi, i recently purchased a Logitech G920 along with a Logitech 6 speed gear shifter. Issue im having is whenever i disconnect the wheel, the next day when i re-connect the wheel windows doesn't detect any of the buttons but it still detects the correct controller is plugged in, in control panel.

I mean the controller is detected by LGS and also is detected correctly in Control Panel\Hardware\Sound\Devices\Printers but when i double click the wheel and go to properties in control panel to check if the buttons are working the "test" tab is blank(no buttons at all show up)and also the wheel wont work in game.

I have to uninstall the LGS, re-boot windows, run WheelDriverCleaner.exe then re-install LGS, re-boot windows again then the wheel work fine, all buttons are detected under the "test" tab in control panel and also the wheel works fine in games until the next time i disconnect and try to re-connect then i have to repeat the above process to get it to work again.

I running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1703, OS build 15063.413.
    Using the latest LGS v8.94.86
    The wheel is on firmware version v96.3.49

This wheel and shifter is amazing apart from the above issue, maybe it only takes a could of minutes to to fix each time but i really shouldn't have to!

Any idea what is going on? Why is this happening?
    Mobo:Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - CPU:i7 6700K(Corsair H80i water cooler) - RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition - Mouse:Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Headset:Logitech G930 7.1 - Wheel:Logitech G920 & shifter - Monitor:ASUS 24" 144Hz 1080p - Joypad:Xbox One - Storage:120 GB Corsair SSD & 1TB Western Digital SSHD - Case:Cooler Master HAF X - Operating system:Windows 10 Pro x64

Platform
    PC
    Logitech doesn't really like having their devices disconnected and re-connected. I used to run a G25. I didn't have that specific issue but I did have issues if disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel. My solution was to use a powered USB hub which had ON/OFF switches on the ports. Doesn't help you problem much as it seems you are wanting to remove the wheel and put it out of the way....
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Logitech doesn't really like having their devices disconnected and re-connected. I used to run a G25. I didn't have that specific issue but I did have issues if disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel. My solution was to use a powered USB hub which had ON/OFF switches on the ports. Doesn't help you problem much as it seems you are wanting to remove the wheel and put it out of the way....
    Yeah im pretty sure its a software issue so im hopeful its fixed with a firmware/driver update.
    Mobo:Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - CPU:i7 6700K(Corsair H80i water cooler) - RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition - Mouse:Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Headset:Logitech G930 7.1 - Wheel:Logitech G920 & shifter - Monitor:ASUS 24" 144Hz 1080p - Joypad:Xbox One - Storage:120 GB Corsair SSD & 1TB Western Digital SSHD - Case:Cooler Master HAF X - Operating system:Windows 10 Pro x64

Platform
    PC
    Yeah that's my solution as well (with your old wheel)
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well i just thought i would try something different before connecting my wheel. I firstly shut down my system then connected my peddles, shifter, power lead and then connected to PC then powered my system back up, the wheel done the usual calibration spin, i checked in control panel and this time all buttons are showing up fine. The wheel works great in games. No need to uninstall the LGS, re-boot windows, run WheelDriverCleaner.exe then re-install LGS, re-boot windows again.

From now on ill be sure to shut down my system prior to connecting my racing setup.

Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately, that's the only sure fire way to do it with Logitech's software..
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately, that's the only sure fire way to do it with Logitech's software..
    Its no biggie to be honest, thankfully with a SSD windows shuts down and boost back up in seconds.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I just thought ...... Am i being a little dumb here by shutting down my system? Tonight when i connect my wheel im gonna try right clicking LGS in my task bar and clicking "exit" then connect my wheel then re-start LGS. I might be shutting my system down for no reason lol.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
    I just thought ...... Am i being a little dumb here by shutting down my system? Tonight when i connect my wheel im gonna try right clicking LGS in my task bar and clicking "exit" then connect my wheel then re-start LGS. I might be shutting my system down for no reason lol.
    Well I've never heard of anyone else doing that.
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
    It works sometimes, but most of the time it still requires a reboot. The Logitech software is the most temperamental I've ever seen. That has always been their Achilles heel.

Forum Rules
    Known Issues