Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 2 - Supported Wheels (PS4) (Especially Question on T500rs)

Platform
    PS4
    Has there been any update on this please? I'm dying to put my pre order in but I need to be sure that my T500 wheel will be supported first.
    I know it's an old wheel at this stage and things move on, but still, I like it and it's still up to the job.
    Here's hoping.
    Education is important but racing is importanter.

Jockeys I3ollix
    T500rs CSL LC Basherboards CPX

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I guess we have to wait a little longer for a confirmation. I could imagine that at this point SMS didn't really know by themselves if the T500 will be usable for Pcars 2 on PS4.

What especially makes me feel quite unsure is that the T500 was supported for Dirt Rally (Release December 2015), but itsn't supported for Dirt 4 (Release June 2017) anymore. If you want to use it it disconnects every few minutes. If this Non-Support of the T500 at the Dirt-Rally-Series has to to with a "new" policy of Sony then the T500 will probably not work for Pcars-2 too, I guess. Otherwise if it isn't down to Sony in that case, but due to reasons of the game publisher (CodeMasters in that case), it probably doesn't look to bad for the support of the T500. Let's hope that SMS can sort this out for us T500-Users!
    Can't wait to finally preorder, too!
    Last edited by Renoldo1990; 02-07-2017 at 15:13.
    The following user likes this Post: Titzon Toast

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoldo1990 View Post
    I guess we have to wait a little longer for a confirmation. I could imagine that at this point SMS didn't really know by themselves if the T500 will be usable for Pcars 2 on PS4.

What especially makes me feel quite unsure is that the T500 was supported for Dirt Rally (Release December 2015), but itsn't supported for Dirt 4 (Release June 2017) anymore. If you want to use it it disconnects every few minutes. If this Non-Support of the T500 at the Dirt-Rally-Series has to to with a "new" policy of Sony then the T500 will probably not work for Pcars-2 too, I guess. Otherwise if it isn't down to Sony in that case, but due to reasons of the game publisher (CodeMasters in that case), it probably doesn't look to bad for the support of the T500. Let's hope that SMS can sort this out for us T500-Users!
    Can't wait to finally preorder, too!
    Have CM actually stated that the T500 isn't supported on Dirt 4? Or is the support just broken?

If SMS announce that my wheel isn't going to be supported I'll just accept it and move on. It won't be thier fault anyway, it'll be because of some pencil pusher somewhere.

I just hope they tell us soon so that we can figure something out, I really like the look of those bonus cars.

Jockeys I3ollix

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I don't know really.
    All i know is that T500 isn't supported for that game atm and is also not usable because of the disconnects. Though, a few people have found a way to make the T500 playable by reducing Force Feedback and stuff to nearly Zero. So maybe (hopefully) it's down to the support of the game after all and not because of Sony's Policy.

I see it the same way as you. SMS can't influence which wheels get supported on the consoles. So if they rule out the T500, the only way is to move to the PC for Pcars 2.
    Buying new Sim-Racing-Hardware for playing on PS4 would be the wrong approach because it would promote Sonys (wrong) course of action.
    The following user likes this Post: Titzon Toast

Platform
    PS4
    I can't really justify spending €500 on a new wheel atm, let alone €1000 on a gaming PC. I really hope SMS have some good news for us soon.

Jockeys I3ollix
    The following user likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci

Platform
    PS4
    I don't know really.
    All i know is that T500 isn't supported for that game atm and is also not usable because of the disconnects. Though, a few people have found a way to make the T500 playable by reducing Force Feedback and stuff to nearly Zero.
    Is the wheel overheating?
    T300 is a PS4 wheel and has the same problem. It's solved by connecting to a PC, through the TM Control Panel setting the cooling fan to run always: on.

Before Sony back flipped, back '15 when pc1 first came out I know a few guys were having the same problem with their T500.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Is the wheel overheating?
    T300 is a PS4 wheel and has the same problem. It's solved by connecting to a PC, through the TM Control Panel setting the cooling fan to run always: on.

Before Sony back flipped, back '15 when pc1 first came out I know a few guys were having the same problem with their T500.
    I don't think it's an overheating problem, there's a thread about it over on the CM forums.
    They're looking into it apparently.

Jockeys I3ollix

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Titzon Toast View Post
    I don't think it's an overheating problem.
    Though, a few people have found a way to make the T500 playable by reducing Force Feedback and stuff to nearly Zero.
    Hypothesis. Care to test it? Set the cooling fan to always run and give it a crack. Prove me wrong and eliminate 1 possible cause.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PS4
    I haven't got Dirt 4 man. I'm going by what I've read on the CM forum. Folk are reporting the wheel cutting out as soon as they hit the first corner.
    Their wheels aren't even getting a chance to get warm!

EDIT

Here you go.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discus...me-help#latest
    Last edited by Titzon Toast; 03-07-2017 at 23:01. Reason: Cheese toast bitch

Jockeys I3ollix
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Bump.

Can we please get an official answer on this SMS?

There are probably hundreds, if not thousands of T500 owners waiting to find out.

Thank you.

Jockeys I3ollix