Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking System

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Ranking System

Just as It is impossible to create a fair penalty system because the one and only required factor that can make it truly fair, in other words a human watcher or race director is always missingin from a MP race (but in league races with at least one race director watching and then render judgment on racers actions when watching the replay), then how will this affect the new ranking system?.

a) Classic sample 1. Typical crash from behind. You get pushed off the track and then get a penalty for cutting.
    b) Classic sample 2. Lateral crash when overtaking and the many derived cases from it. The system, like always, misinterprets the situation and punish the car that wasn't responsible at all.
    c) Other classic situations in which the system gives unfair penalties to the non-responsible driver for the crash.

Taking into account the penalty system will work as always (bad), but now along with another one that will match us online depending on how dirty at racing you are (the new MP Rankig System), then how will the situation be eventually?.

I mean for instance. I'm a clean driver, but I get rammed a lot and the penalty system usually punishes me instead of the crasher, as It happens in most racing games. This ends up granting me a "Dirty" racer status only, so I will get matched with the idiots 24/7.

How is the system gonna deal with this?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It wont be perfect but we quietly hope it will be a lot better than what we have now.

Im pretty sure all of us will get a negative impact from this somewhere along the line.

However if you are getting hammered like this more than anyone else by a significant margin then in all honesty it might be time to reflect on your approach to close fights on the track.

Assumption is they cannot go into great details just yet but really even if they could - the proof is in the pudding... so its too soon to tell really....
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBloke View Post
    It wont be perfect but we quietly hope it will be a lot better than what we have now.

Im pretty sure all of us will get a negative impact from this somewhere along the line.

However if you are getting hammered like this more than anyone else by a significant margin then in all honesty it might be time to reflect on your approach to close fights on the track.

Assumption is they cannot go into great details just yet but really even if they could - the proof is in the pudding... so its too soon to tell really....
    Well there's certainly no penalty system in pc1 but just the cutting detection. Here the problem is when you get pushed off the track from behind or from the side hard enough for the sustem to think you have cut the track as you try to return to it

The getting rammed 24/7 without being the trouble maker and then getting punished was a classic example of how things always go in other racing games with penalty systems. The point is that now there is a second system working along that will later match us with some certain type of racers, and if the system isn't capable of identifying the true trouble makers when a situation happens, then chances are that the fair player might end up being unfairly treated as a "dirty" racer by this system, and then getting matched with rammers

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Like I said yes it will hit us unfairly at times - but as an overall if its designed to be fit for purpose it should be a vast improvement overall.

They are not targeting you personally this applies to every single person - its in their interest to make it work as smoothly as possible.

If their testing does not show that then I doubt they would implement it.

Everyone has the same concern including SMS - lets wait and see.
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Think of it as a deterrent , if every one in the race will try hard to not ram or be a bowling ball then the race will be clean and you will come out with a higher rank
    but if there is a wrecker in there too you will need to try avoid them, in race or leave that race, try another lobby...

i think thay should use the old forza 3 rank system like rookie, to pro and veteran, legend start with 10 stars added for clean drivers also and removed if dirty in more than 3 race in a row
    and forget the putting of people in a type of lobby like a dirty or clean race drivers lobby, let the people in the lobby see your rank...
    so what happens if your a vary clean driver and you end up in a tenpin bowling lobby every race how to get out of this situation...
    Last edited by FIA; 10-07-2017 at 02:25.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by honespc View Post
    Well there's certainly no penalty system in pc1 but just the cutting detection. Here the problem is when you get pushed off the track from behind or from the side hard enough for the sustem to think you have cut the track as you try to return to it

The getting rammed 24/7 without being the trouble maker and then getting punished was a classic example of how things always go in other racing games with penalty systems. The point is that now there is a second system working along that will later match us with some certain type of racers, and if the system isn't capable of identifying the true trouble makers when a situation happens, then chances are that the fair player might end up being unfairly treated as a "dirty" racer by this system, and then getting matched with rammers
    First of all I don't know how the new system works. None of us do but from what I have read it seems that the system will take your whole race into consideration. If you get smashed off that may get you a negative on the rating but getting back on the track and running clean effective laps should be positive for the rating.

Remember this system is for trolls. Trolls aren't trying to run any clean laps which should take their rating down pretty quickly. It's gonna take a few weeks to separate but soon the racers and the trolls should seperate.

Also remember that the hardcore trolls will study this system and try to break it. It's just part of life some people are idiots. If you think that trolls aren't coming forget about it they will be there. What's more important than any ranking system is we as a community can't let these guys have our public rooms. When we let them have our public rooms they win and the game and the community loses.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, MartinMWWebb, Rosinbag1

Platform
    PS4
    I'll spend a few minutes when I host to kick anyone who can't keep it on the black top for a lap, wrecks a/any car twice /blatantly. I may have to change my tactic and let them play out and ruin their own rank.

Part of a successful race is also avoiding accidents. Unintentional wrecks from high risk maneuvers. If you don't foresee a high risk pass coming while you defend, well you'll get tangled and lose positions or dnf.
    I think it's a valuable skill in sim and real racing.

Very keen for some more details on how this ranking system works.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    In the heat of battle and at the start at say Hockenheimring or Laguna Seca where its 5 cars all going for the same bit of track there will be a crash
    everyone will end up in the bowling ball lobby's full of people who park there cars in the middle of the track every lap. how will we undo being in them lobby's
    in other words once your in them lobby's your never going to escape them.
    Last edited by FIA; 10-07-2017 at 03:56.

Platform
    PC
    you can race going 3 or even 4 abreast going into some corners in F1 cars without wrecking anyone or even hitting them. iv done it on F1 2012 just yesterday. You just have to be VERY Carefull. i was 4 wide with me Michael Schumacher, Hamilton and another guy.

i had gotten a 10 place grid penalty after accidentally getting into the back of someone when i was trying to come into the pits in practice so i qualified P1 but had to start P11
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FIA View Post
    everyone will end up in the bowling ball lobby's full of people who park there cars in the middle of the track every lap. how will we undo being in them lobby's
    Leave.
    The lobby host is clearly allowing that behaviour.
    Don't stay in the crash lobbies.
    I don't often join GT3 lobbies, but I often see bad behaviour in them.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10