RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Intel i7 6700k
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVidia GTX 1080 or AMD Radeon RX480
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 50 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

PCars2 does support SLI except VR according to this post.
    There's support for TracIR according to this thread.

If you're unsure how your CPU/GPU compares to the ones listed above you could try using the sites below:
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/
    http://videocardbenchmark.net/
    http://cpuboss.com/
    http://gpuboss.com/

For those of you who have the game feel free to share information about your hardware specs and settings (resolution, fps, in-game graphic settings, whether you use triple screens or VR, etc), that could be very helpful to other people.
    Last edited by FS7; Today at 13:11.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, LM24z

Platform
    PC
    Updated the thread title to reflect more of the question.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following user likes this Post: FS7

Platform
    PC
    I only have a Gforce GTX 660 and a Intel CPU i7 930 2.80 Ghz (since December 2010)... I can run PCars2 (with all graphic in LOW) or not? (for can make the Preorder or StandBy ) =( Because PCars1 is running very fine for me at 60 fps stables and graphics in Medium-High (Not ultra). I have Windows 10 and 12 Gb RAM.

Platform
    PC
    Recommend 16 GB Ram....I would like to know if it is a big difference with 8 or 16 GB Ram. I don't know if I should upgrade my ram to 16
    CPU: Intel i5 4690K // Graphics: Palit GeForce GTX 970 Jetstream // Memory: 8GB G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3-1600 // Mainboard:Gigabyte Z97-HD3 // Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition // Rig: Playseat® Alcantara

Platform
    PC
    It's still a little early to know exact specs, but I will say that if you can play PC1 decently, you'll be able to play PC2.

SMS is targeting for the performance to be similar to PC1. Obviously, with all the new stuff it will be a little more taxing, but they've also make a lot of improvements in the engine so it will come close to balancing out.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, FS7, KANETAKER, maTech, Ravager619, SpikyCactus

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It's still a little early to know exact specs, but I will say that if you can play PC1 decently, you'll be able to play PC2.

SMS is targeting for the performance to be similar to PC1. Obviously, with all the new stuff it will be a little more taxing, but they've also make a lot of improvements in the engine so it will come close to balancing out.
    thats good to know thanks Mahjik
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

Thanks for the info, hopefully the Steam page will be updated soon with more precise information. My current specs are i5 @ 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 750 ti 2GB, I can run PCars1 fine at medium settings, hopefully that will be enough to run PCars2 too. I do want to upgrade my PC in the near future, though.
    The following user likes this Post: Aile_Bleue

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    PCars2 available for pre-order on Steam:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...roject_CARS_2/

Could somebody from SMS confirm the system requirements please? 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700/4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350 seems a bit too demanding for minimum requirements to even run the game.
    It would be nice to get info on minimum system requirements to run the game, recommended for 1080p60fps, and recommended for 4K/VR.
    Mine runs it fine and only ever gets to about 50%
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

PCARS 2 system requirements...

What... am I... How?... Why?...

What is that?! I JUST barely scrape by the minimums (like real life). FX8350, GTX 980 TI, 8 gigs of ram. I'm going to have to dump like 800 bucks to upgrade my system to just get to the recommended. 1200 if I want a new CPU. Plus the 120 bucks I'm going to need for the game because I co-run a league...

This is has to be in the top 0.1% of games that are the most system intensive in Steam's library. How are the consoles expected to run this?

For comparison:

Arma 3:

GTA 5:

Witcher 3:

Dirt 4:

This can't be right...

I'm going to have to sell my BRZ lmao

(Sorry admins, I JUST noticed the PCARS 2 section. Force of habit brought me to the old section haha)
    Last edited by Synystr; 27-06-2017 at 22:22.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    This is already being discussed in the thread below:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...m-Requirements