Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For the people playing Pcars2: what is the biggest improvement you saw?

Platform
    PC

For the people playing Pcars2: what is the biggest improvement you saw?

Without infringing any contractual secrecy clause could say what the biggest improvement is or at least the feeling you have about it?

Platform
    PC
    Everything!

Seriously, of the things that have been talked about from SMS, the driveline changes are near the top. It's brought a new dynamic to the way all of the vehicles drive.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Driveline changes? Could you expand on that a bit more? I'm curious what exactly you're referring to.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Everything!

Seriously, of the things that have been talked about from SMS, the driveline changes are near the top. It's brought a new dynamic to the way all of the vehicles drive.
    Ok ok sounds good but also a bit vague. . What was the biggest "Wooow" moment?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Driveline changes? Could you expand on that a bit more? I'm curious what exactly you're referring to.
    The entire driveline of a vehicle. i.e. how the power gets from the engine, to the wheels. So clutch/flywheel, transmission, drive shaft & differential. How the power is delivered to the wheels seems like such a small thing in theory. However, it affects a lot of aspects of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Ok ok sounds good but also a bit vague. . What was the biggest "Wooow" moment?
    Again, of what has been released/announced, the driveline changes is probably the biggest wow... Mainly as I didn't think it would have the effect that it does have. Close second is the rallycross racing. I never cared for it in the Dirt series, but this is some seriously fun stuff in PC2.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: breyzipp, ELAhrairah, hkraft300, Sankyo

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    What he said ^ as it mirrors my thoughts as well.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    What he said ^ as it mirrors my thoughts as well.
    So the car feels more in contact with the tarmac? Does shifting feel more realistic? Do brakes cool faster in clean air? Do you feel the grip better? Is it the ffb? Can you if you want to a tell us a bit more, like an example?
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 28-06-2017 at 18:49.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Basically everything feels more realistic.

I know that's a short explanation but I'm to tired to go into depth at the mo.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC

and we wouldnt want you accidentally revealing trade secrets either would we
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC

You just sold me tired or not. Just Steam'd pre ordered/purchased Project Cars 2 digital deluxe edition X2, (one for my brother). Going to be painfull seeing it there in the Steam Library...doing nothing. LOL. sigh!
    AsRock X370 Taichi MB /AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.4Ghz / G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / 2 X SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / SeaSonic Focus 750W Gold / AMD Adrenalin 18.2.1 drivers / Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27” Curved WQHD 2560 x 1440p 144Hz monitor.
    Windows 10 64bit / TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers / Logitech G27
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne, Sankyo