Thread: Lap Times PS4 Version vs PC Version

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Lightbulb Lap Times PS4 Version vs PC Version

Hi to all. I've been playing project cars since last may and I'm starting to score some nice lap times. I've been searching for a while to find a leaderboard for PS4 Players like the one that is available to steam users. I found nothing. So I tried to compare my lap times with the steam leaderboard.

http: (slash)(slash)cars-stats-steam(dot)wmdportal(dot)com

My doubt is this : Is the PS4 game car handling really different from the PC one? I mean comparing my best Snatterton 200 lap times obtained with a 250cc Superkart - somewhere near 1'01.200" - with the ones scored by PC users I'm ranking 50 or something better, then I'm wondering if I am that good or the PS4 game is somewhat easier so I'm not that good.

Thank you.
    Last edited by DanieleDrift; 06-07-2017 at 10:24.

Platform
    PC
    I have pcars on all three systems. I am able to produce same laptime on PC / Consoles with a wheel.

Also on the leaderboard link above you can see what AIDS they have used. Many top ranked has all aids on so you can remove them depending on what you use yourself.
    Last edited by Boskapongen; 06-07-2017 at 10:33.
    Great VR Performance Guide by QWASZX for Project Cars 2 here:

Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XBox X / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64 CU1709

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskapongen View Post
    I have pcars on all three systems. I am able to produce same laptime on PC / Consoles with a wheel.

Also on the leaderboard link above you can see what AIDS they have used. Many top ranked has all aids on so you can remove them depending on what you use yourself.
    Thank you, it seems like I've got some skills then! "Driving model" compares to the IA ablity setting or is desumed from the aids option which where enabled or not?

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskapongen View Post

The Aids reported on that leaderboard are not accurate, if you use 'Real Aids' in the game then it shows that all aids are used on the leaderboard, been like that forever, so I wouldn't pay any attention to them.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Boskapongen

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you.

Platform
    PC
    A great feature on the PC version only is that you can select a specific car in Time Trial to chase and view leaderboard for. Hope this is coming for consoles in pCars2 aswell...
    Great VR Performance Guide by QWASZX for Project Cars 2 here:

Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XBox X / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64 CU1709

Platform
    PS4
    I've been hammering SPA-Francorchamps in the Formula A car....with near optimal settings for the game and FFB wheel I have. I can only get to 1:55. It's driving me nuts to see others on the leaderboard hitting 1:39. I can totally understand what the OP is asking...I'm just on the opposite side of his question

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sroc3 View Post
    I've been hammering SPA-Francorchamps in the Formula A car....with near optimal settings for the game and FFB wheel I have. I can only get to 1:55. It's driving me nuts to see others on the leaderboard hitting 1:39. I can totally understand what the OP is asking...I'm just on the opposite side of his question
    Looking at the online classification there's obviously something wrong because 8" or 12" for the whole lap are clearly impossible time... Aside from these times I'm going to try the track tonite and see which times I'm able to score

Try to watch these to videos on Youtube, you might get an hint on where you're losing time

The forum won't le me post url's so I'm giving you just the codes :

mlVJbPs4M4k

mv9ah4ihuR4
    Last edited by DanieleDrift; 11-07-2017 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by sroc3 View Post
    You are using DRS and KERS? (and driving in TT so you are in comparable conditions)

Just tried two laps with gamepad (PC) and once I assigned a button to the DRS it was straight to a 1:54.9 on the second lap.. and I haven't tried Spa or the FA for a fair while in Project CARS (or 2 for that matter!)

@the OP depends on so many things, are you using a wheel, gamepad, default settings.. ?
    Also you want to look at percentages on lap times rather than am I in the top N in a specific combination... if that combo only has 100 entries, top 50 doesn't look so good.. being within 0.5% isn't so bad.. (although in that specific case at Snetterton.. you are around 4.5% off.

Personal opinion.. run default setup and compare to fastest default in the list.. it removes lots of other potential variables and you know you should be comparing driving only at that point.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Roger Prynne