Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot lap leaderboards

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    No one (outside of SMS) knows this at this time. However, I would wager there won't be many improvements in this space until SMS and Bandai Namco host the leaderboards outside of the first party infrastructure (i.e. not hosted via MS or Sony).
    Hmm now you make me curious. Would that be technically possible or allowed by MS/Sony? Maybe something like Codemaster's racenet? Or World of Tanks Companion? Not sure what exactly is all possible in there.

Or maybe just a short UDP message after each race which our mobile devices could then catch and store in an app.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PS4
    Sorry - I've got PC1 on both XBone and PS4... yet to decide on which platform for PC2

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinna39 View Post
    Sorry - I've got PC1 on both XBone and PS4... yet to decide on which platform for PC2
    Well if the power of your consoles is the deciding factor, this is how they should rate from most powerful to least powerful :

XBox 1 X
    PS4 Pro
    PS4
    XBox 1 S
    XBox 1

Of course there can be other deciding factors like online friends and communities, which console you have a wheel for or even which controller type you prefer.

I have an XBox 1 and PS4 Pro now. But I bought it from the Microsoft store since I will get an XBox 1 X later this year.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Hmm now you make me curious. Would that be technically possible or allowed by MS/Sony? Maybe something like Codemaster's racenet? Or World of Tanks Companion? Not sure what exactly is all possible in there.

Or maybe just a short UDP message after each race which our mobile devices could then catch and store in an app.
    I believe there is no restriction for MS/Sony when hosting your own gaming platform (with regards to external storage).

I believe there is state already in the UDP messaging.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Djuvinile

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I would also like to see are own fastest ever lap next to the track map in the menus and after we select it on screen and in the race onscreen and hot lapping, and it gets updated to are time attack records from online races
    so we can always see it even in a public race and better it, in the online races, but we dont know if its like this yet...
    Last edited by FIA; 12-07-2017 at 01:11.

Platform
    PS4
    I guess part of the issue may be the data required for ghosts... If saving just one ghost for every car and ribbon combination, you're looking at about 23,400 possible ghosts per user (180x130).

I don't know what the file size of that ghost data would be but it could add up quickly

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinna39 View Post
    I guess part of the issue may be the data required for ghosts... If saving just one ghost for every car and ribbon combination, you're looking at about 23,400 possible ghosts per user (180x130).

I don't know what the file size of that ghost data would be but it could add up quickly
    Ghost doesn't really matter IMO, can do without as that is not the main feature. Just to be sure, we are talking about singleplayer (offline) leaderboards here right? So for example if I would race all 187+8 (season pass) = 195 race cars in the game at launch on let's say Red Bull Ring club circuit, then I would like to see my personal leaderboard for that particular track with all those cars, each once on it. I don't need ghosts to race against (it would be my own ghosts anyway) or data from any other player. With the known DLC cars added the game will have 227 cars, let's add some safety and say that each personal track leaderboard would need to be able to accept 250 records.

But this doesn't even need to be in the game itself. If after a race when the scoreboard and all that is displayed, some data could be sent over UDP to an iOS app, that app could collect the data of the game after a race, in the end that's fine enough for me. The data that the game sends to the app each time after a race should include :

* track name (e.g. Red Bull Ring Club Circuit)
    * car model (e.g. Toyota TS040 Hybrid)
    * car class (e.g. LMP1)
    * race origin (time trial, career, quick race or multiplayer)
    * weather type (fixed, dynamic) (with fixed giving the name of the weather slot, e.g. overcast)
    * time of day (in-game, e.g. 15:00)
    * the fastest time set
    * the real life date when this score was created (e.g. 22/09/2017 )

An iOS app could then collect that data each time after a race and start building up your personal offline leaderboards within the app (so nothing of this is stored in the game). And of course once a faster time of the same car on the same circuit is sent to the app then the old time will be overwritten so you will never have more than those 250 records per circuit layout.

That sort of data is incredibly valuable IMO and just really fun to compare. I'm WAY more interested to compare the cars on different tracks against each other (how I race them) rather than comparing my time in a certain car against the leaderboard cars from the same class from other players (because that's just what the PCARS1 leaderboards on consoles do, it's not exactly useful data).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mad LL, Maskmagog

Platform
    PC
    Pretty much all of that can be done today. There are telemetry apps which capture a lot more data. It's simply designing a system to capture and store lap times. What I'm not sure of, but I'm sure some of the API developers know, is if the vehicle information is included in the data.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PS4

* YES: track name (e.g. Red Bull Ring Club Circuit)
    * YES: car model (e.g. Toyota TS040 Hybrid)
    * YES: car class (e.g. LMP1)
    * YES: race origin (time trial, career, quick race or multiplayer)
    * NOT EXACTLY: weather type (fixed, dynamic) (with fixed giving the name of the weather slot, e.g. overcast): UDP gives you data about ambient T, track temperature and rain density. Maybe you can record these values during your bestlap.
    * NO: time of day (in-game, e.g. 15:00)
    * YES (+ sector by sector): the fastest time set
    * YES (recorded by the app): the real life date when this score was created (e.g. 22/09/2017 )
    These data are available on Pcars by UDP. I do not have news about PCars 2, sorry
    Last edited by Chawabax; 13-07-2017 at 06:03.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That's great stuff! Now we just need someone to make the app.

WMAD?

(World of Mass App Development)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Maskmagog