Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exporting setup files PC

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Exporting setup files PC

I am sure this has been posted somewhere but I cannot find the answer. Will PC2 allow setup files to be imported and exported ? PC version Thanks

Platform
    PC
    The correct question should be this: The car setup parameters/options at PCars2 will be the same as in PCARS1? Or will be different?

For we don't know if SMS will increase more options or parameters at car setups to modify, among them one very necessary in case of wanting to manually establish a custom BoP in some custom races such as: Can add extra weight, not to be limited only to the Restricting Plate as an option to establish a BoP.

Apart from that, we must consider that the cars physical and feeling for PCars2 will have changed compared to PCARS1. As for example: The new physics of the tires, which SMS tried to establish in November 2015 in PCARS1 but by multiple complaints of many players, SMS had to return to the previous model of tires. In itself, with the new model of tires (more realistic) will have to take care not only of the wear of the tires, but also of its optimum temperature for a good performance on the track and an additional factor to the subject of their own wear.

Because of that (in addition to Livetrack 3.0) practically all the veteran players of PCars1 will have to start again from scratch, including the set-up, as PCars1 only had to focus on set-ups to be the fastest on the track or to have better Grip, but now (for PCars2) we will have to finally consider the other factors (tire wear and its temperature for a good performance) for configure the new car setups.

Platform
    PC
    Well we already know the parameters are different; we just don't know how they're different.

I'd love to see the ability to add ballast as a BoP measure as you've suggested.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    The correct question should be this: The car setup parameters/options at PCars2 will be the same as in PCARS1? Or will be different?

For we don't know if SMS will increase more options or parameters at car setups to modify, among them one very necessary in case of wanting to manually establish a custom BoP in some custom races such as: Can add extra weight, not to be limited only to the Restricting Plate as an option to establish a BoP.

Apart from that, we must consider that the cars physical and feeling for PCars2 will have changed compared to PCARS1. As for example: The new physics of the tires, which SMS tried to establish in November 2015 in PCARS1 but by multiple complaints of many players, SMS had to return to the previous model of tires. In itself, with the new model of tires (more realistic) will have to take care not only of the wear of the tires, but also of its optimum temperature for a good performance on the track and an additional factor to the subject of their own wear.

Because of that (in addition to Livetrack 3.0) practically all the veteran players of PCars1 will have to start again from scratch, including the set-up, as PCars1 only had to focus on set-ups to be the fastest on the track or to have better Grip, but now (for PCars2) we will have to finally consider the other factors (tire wear and its temperature for a good performance) for configure the new car setups.
    No, that's YOUR question, not the OPs.

In answer to the OP, setups will be shareable, at least on PC (I have no idea about features on the console version, sorry)
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 6 users likes this Post: FS7, hkraft300, Roger Prynne, Silraed, VelvetTorpedo, winet

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post

In answer to the OP, setups will be shareable, at least on PC (I have no idea about features on the console version, sorry)
    Thank you .Will be very nice to download setups instead of manual input

Platform
    PC

Then, PCars2 will be use the same setup parameters as PCars1? But what happened with the new physics? (tires, Livetrack 3.0, etc.)

These new factors could cause the existing set-ups for some cars to be ineffective and have to return from scratch to prepare the set-up, so in part it would not make much sense to import the old PCARS1 set-ups, unless the physics and Setup system goes to Be the same, something that worries because (by example) something that many want is that you can save more than 1 setup per car in each circuit. (Ex.: 4 setups at Monza for AUDI R8 LMS, instead of only 1).

Platform
    PC
    No, the setup parameters have changed dramatically in pCARS2. Obviously, things like ride height and gear ratios aren't going to change in their terms or the way you set them but differential, brake ducting (you have front AND rear brake ducts now on some cars), the damping stuff, those sorts of things are very different.

As for setups, you can save (I believe) as many as you like per car.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: hkraft300, KANETAKER, Roger Prynne, Schnizz58, VelvetTorpedo

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That's great news!
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    XBOX1
    No, the setup parameters have changed dramatically in pCARS2. Obviously, things like ride height and gear ratios aren't going to change in their terms or the way you set them but differential, brake ducting (you have front AND rear brake ducts now on some cars), the damping stuff, those sorts of things are very different.

Cluck will you still be able to save 1 setup for all tracks like Pcars 1.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post
    Cluck will you still be able to save 1 setup for all tracks like Pcars 1.
    good question, don't know, although something was posted today that might relate to this but I honestly don't know the answer, sorry.