Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 questions for PC2

Platform
    PC

3 questions for PC2

l was a massive fan of the first game and I'm looking forward to the new game in September , however here are a couple of questions l keep asking myself.

Has the flag system improved since PC1 as l thought yellow flags and other race controls could be improved. I always thought it would be cool seeing the marshals trackside waving the flags.

Will we have the option to remove static steering wheels this time round?

ffb - In PC1 l thought the road feel when driving in a straight line was very weak on bumpy tracks, has this been improved?

Many thanks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm fairly sure that some cars have static wheels due to the Motec display being on the wheel rather than on the dashboard. I've seen other games do it like Assetto for the same reason. Don't have a clue about the other 2 points but hope that's answered the static steering wheel question!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: amazed, hkraft300, Mowzer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    From the new videos iv seen this video, he put this in the info below; Wheel shake is not animation - all from the road and FFB in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA95EZTMc3U

Last edited by FIA; 17-07-2017 at 00:28.

Platform
    PC
    what do you mean by static wheels?
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Think he means the wheel stays still in the car as you drive. even when turning

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FIA View Post
    Think he means the wheel stays still in the car as you drive. even when turning
    iv never had that problem
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Its an option in game so the wheel stays static so its not putting you off as you drive, if your using your own wheel, you may only want to see your wheel move, the one in your own hands..

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FIA View Post
    Its an option in game so the wheel stays static so its not putting you off as you drive, if your using your own wheel, you may only want to see your wheel move, the one in your own hands..
    i dont look at the wheel but if i did i think it not moving would freak me out

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by J4M35_R View Post
    Has the flag system improved since PC1 as l thought yellow flags and other race controls could be improved. I always thought it would be cool seeing the marshals trackside waving the flags.
    The way the AI reacts to flags has improvements. SMS is trying to get waving flags with marshals in but we'll have to see if it's something they can do for release (or something that may come later).

Will we have the option to remove static steering wheels this time round?
    It will be the same as PC1. The driver/wheel animations can be removed. If the steering wheel has a Motec style display, the wheel cannot be removed.

ffb - In PC1 l thought the road feel when driving in a straight line was very weak on bumpy tracks, has this been improved?
    There have been some improvements in this space but we'll have to see what SMS can do for release (i.e. some of the improvements in this area caused problems in other areas so they have to see if they can keep the good and remove the bad).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GenBrien, hkraft300, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i dont look at the wheel but if i did i think it not moving would freak me out
    You wouldn't notice. Just becomes part of the static dash without the arms moving about.
    What is more distracting to me is the animated arms, now that I have a wheel.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne