Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game crash - Exception Access Violation

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimelime View Post
    I'll try cleaning the driver software and reinstalling. I think I read on the other thread it's been tried already by others so who knows.
    Just to state, I didn't say that would take care of the problem. I have no idea if it will or will not. But I am stating that it's not an issue everyone is having so it does appear to be localized (at least at the moment). The more information you can provide about your system, the more members here can assist.

I would start by posting all non-Microsoft applications you have starting up besides Steam (and any mods you may be using with pCARS).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Just to state, I didn't say that would take care of the problem. I have no idea if it will or will not. But I am stating that it's not an issue everyone is having so it does appear to be localized (at least at the moment). The more information you can provide about your system, the more members here can assist.

I would start by posting all non-Microsoft applications you have starting up besides Steam (and any mods you may be using with pCARS).
    That isn't likely to help at all. I highly doubt there is a problem with other software. If there is a problem on my system it most likely some driver corruption or something, which doesn't sound likely to me but you never know.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimelime View Post
    That isn't likely to help at all. I highly doubt there is a problem with other software. If there is a problem on my system it most likely some driver corruption or something, which doesn't sound likely to me but you never know.
    There are documented cases here on the forum of some of the OCD software as well as BitDefender and other software causing issues specifically with pCARS. When troubleshooting, it's always best to work on eliminating what is for sure not the problem so that way it leaves a more narrow scope to focus on...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    There are documented cases here on the forum of some of the OCD software as well as BitDefender and other software causing issues specifically with pCARS. When troubleshooting, it's always best to work on eliminating what is for sure not the problem so that way it leaves a more narrow scope to focus on...
    I don't have anything other than Steam, and I showed one dump that mentioned it and once disabled, I got another crash mentioning an nvidia driver. So who knows at this point.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i'm playing pc2 now. But just to update this thread the problem was the 16x PCI slot in the motherboard was bad. I replaced the mobo and my system is fully stable now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mad Al, Mahjik