Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] OSW wheel not working with Project Cars

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by finagle69 View Post
    I looked at my settings last night. I'm using Custom Wheel in the wheel setup page. Once you select that, you Edit Assignments, and assign left and right for the wheel. Then go on to calibrate the wheel for its rotation.
    Solved:

I opened Mmos first. *Then launced steam *Then launced PCars.

In options I chose *custom wheel. *Then went to edit assignments. I chose steer left and turned the wheel all the way to the left until lock. *Then slightly turned the wheel right. *It finally registered!!!! *After that all the other inputs registered properly.

I*don't know if having Mmos open made a difference but I had not had it open before and was able to get the wheel to register in edit assignments page.

All good now!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: finagle69, Mad Al, Mahjik, Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dpj463 View Post
    Solved:

I opened Mmos first. *Then launced steam *Then launced PCars.

In options I chose *custom wheel. *Then went to edit assignments. I chose steer left and turned the wheel all the way to the left until lock. *Then slightly turned the wheel right. *It finally registered!!!! *After that all the other inputs registered properly.

I*don't know if having Mmos open made a difference but I had not had it open before and was able to get the wheel to register in edit assignments page.

All good now!
    NOPE Not all good now!!!!!

I am back to square one again. I don't know what has changed????? The game does not recognize the wheel. In custom wheel setup...edit assignments....Steer Left or Steer right, It is not registering the wheel when I move it left or right. I made sure no other buttons are touched and the gear shift is in neutral. I have tried all of the Fanatec options in Control Scheme.

I wonder if I am experiencing USB issues, although the wheel still works great in my other sim games......

Where to next?

Platform
    PC
    Are you getting the "multiple inputs" message again?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Nope. No reaction at all......

A couple of times when I hit the cancel button after no reaction from, for instance, Steer Left, the wheel would violently spin left and right. Then the FFB amount would be, probably, at the max. I could not turn the wheel more than a few degrees.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have added my hardware to my signature, hoping that might help somehow.
    Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 1080 ti, OSW DD 20nm wheel, SimRacing Machine USB converter, Fanatec F1 and Bmw GT rims, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Shifter, Fanatec handbrake, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Wart Hog hotas, GT Omega Pro cockpit, Simshaker Jet Seat, 8 transducers - 2 ADX Maximus , 2 BK Adv, 1 BK LFE, 1 TST 209, 1 TST 239,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Working again!!!!!!
    Here is what I did, at Tomo's suggestion.
    1. I changed the OSW USB from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 port on my motherboard.
    2. I disconnected all other sim hardware except the wheel
    3. Launched Mmos, then Steam, then PCars
    4. Went to Options/Control Scheme ......CSW base showed up
    5. Went to edit assignments and clicked on steer left and moved the wheel to the left all the way and waited. The wheel SNAPPED to the center and the FFB was extremely strong.
    6. I clicked on steer right and again the wheel SNAPPED back to center with extreme FFB
    7. I then went to calibrate wheel and configured for 900 degrees. In this procedure there was no FFB at all
    8. I then went to calibrate FFB and turned everything down 1/2. If it showed 100, I changed it to 50 etc.
    9. I then plugged in all the other sim hardware and configured all the buttons on the wheel and button boxes. I have all the other peripherals plugged into a USB 3.0 hub at this point. The hub is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard

So far, everything is working and I am setting up FFB settings for each car as I drive them. We will see how long this lasts!!!!! lol

I will work on the other games to see if there are any problems that crop up.

Hopes this helps anyone who might be having problems with PCars and their OSW wheel
    Last edited by dpj463; 31-07-2017 at 01:08.
    Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 1080 ti, OSW DD 20nm wheel, SimRacing Machine USB converter, Fanatec F1 and Bmw GT rims, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Shifter, Fanatec handbrake, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Wart Hog hotas, GT Omega Pro cockpit, Simshaker Jet Seat, 8 transducers - 2 ADX Maximus , 2 BK Adv, 1 BK LFE, 1 TST 209, 1 TST 239,
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Working again!!!!!!
    5. Went to edit assignments and clicked on steer left and moved the wheel to the left all the way and waited. The wheel SNAPPED to the center and the FFB was extremely strong.
    6. I clicked on steer right and again the wheel SNAPPED back to center with extreme FFB
    7. I then went to calibrate wheel and configured for 900 degrees. In this procedure there was no FFB at all
    8. I then went to calibrate FFB and turned everything down 1/2. If it showed 100, I changed it to 50 etc.
    9. I then plugged in all the other sim hardware and configured all the buttons on the wheel and button boxes. I have all the other peripherals plugged into a USB 3.0 hub at this point. The hub is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard

So far, everything is working and I am setting up FFB settings for each car as I drive them. We will see how long this lasts!!!!! lol

Hopes this helps anyone who might be having problems with PCars and their OSW wheel
    I'm pretty sure the Gaming 7 Z170x mobo does not have any 2.0 USB ports. If it does, I can't find any on mine.

In general, I have the OSW directly plugged into a port on the mobo, and most of my other gear plugged into 3.0 hubs.

I'm glad you got it working!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by finagle69 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Gaming 7 Z170x mobo does not have any 2.0 USB ports. If it does, I can't find any on mine.

In general, I have the OSW directly plugged into a port on the mobo, and most of my other gear plugged into 3.0 hubs.

I'm glad you got it working!
    I just looked again to make sure I was correct. I do have Rev1 of this board. My case had 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the front and I thought I remembered coming from the mobo to these ports. I copied the following from the manual:
    USB Š Chipset:
    - 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
    - 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
    Š Chipset+Renesas® USB 3.0 Hub:
    - 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
    Š Chipset+Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller:
    - 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
    - 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ahh yes. Okay, you're using the internal ones then. I think my Corsair AIO cooler uses that one.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Working again!!!!!!

I did all of this and nothing. My favorite SIm and my new wheel, cant play it.
    i5 7600k OC to 4.9, ASUS GTX 1070 O.C. to 4.4, 16GB DDR4 2100 RAM, Rift, OSW Ioni 1x, Ioni Pro, small Mige, Fanatec CSL LC pedals, TH8 shifty.