Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do a good deed - help a rookie! [Guide]

Platform
    XBOX1
    From a complete rookie when the game came out

1. Patience, patience
    2. Don't over drive - take stints of half an hour or so , then have a break or come back the next day - its amazing how many times you throw the towel in thinking your rubbish come back next day and nail it
    3. Make sure wheel is set up right globally and individually for the cars

My signature has a link to a resources page with all sorts of good advice

4. Ignore the videos of guys they call aliens( fast oh fast) they have been doing it years there is always going to be better guys just like reallife
    5. Run the career - this gives a good grounding in lesser cars - jumping in an LMP straight off is going to hack you off, make sure career ability of AI suits your style doesn't matter if its 30/40/50/60 % if its good for you then go with it
    6. Decrease fuel load from default so you only run number of laps you need - default fuel is way too much and adds seconds to your times
    7. Run the default tunes to get a feel and if you don't want to tune then don't until you feel comfortable - I was 12 months before I started tuning
    8. Practice Practice Practice - I can practice for a career race for days sometimes as each track is new - pick your AI level and when you can get in top 10 get ready to race - note AI level can vary from track to track

9. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY

yes it can be frustrating but so rewarding - I raced the game every day near enough for 6 months and now still do 3/4 times a week
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

The following 4 users likes this Post: ossyoscar, poirqc, Schnizz58, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PS4
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ight=Safe+fast

I think you should watch watch the Scott Mansell (driver61.com) guide to donington national and take the Ginetta G40 or Formula Rookie round it.

If you're 10 seconds off, it's not settings. It's track knowledge and driving technique. If you're well within the limits of the car (no over/understeer) you'll still get within ~5 seconds with everything default, if you know the track and drive a basic line.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ossyoscar View Post
    Hello pro drivers!

After buying a wheel and a having a lot of practice, my still bad laptimes just hit a wall. I'm still 10s worse than best drivers and i have no idea how to improve them.
    I know its not car setup, I'm just... not the best driver yet.
    I need suggestions - how did you boost your times? Are there people or clans willing to help novice driver?
    Without sounding like a corporate public relations bot, we at PRD offer a race academy focusing on a wide range of subjects. http://pantheracingdivision.com/

But if I had to nail down one thing that will make you better? Consistency. You could be fast as hell over one lap... but if you aren't consistent, its pointless. Focus on mirroring you lap times. You should be able to do 10 laps within two tenths of a second of each other, no problem. Get out there and practice. Pick brake markers and stick to them, remember what gear you need to be in, and always look where you want to go. Once you're lined up for an apex, look for the next one.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: MULTIVITZ, ossyoscar, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Synystr View Post
    we at PRD offer a race academy focusing on a wide range of subjects. http://pantheracingdivision.com/
    Sounds like a good corporate public relations bot
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Sounds like a good corporate public relations bot
    use promo code "Syn" for 10% off
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Now THATS a helpful community
    Special thanks to Mahjik (watch a chapter on yt, alt tab to practice, watch a chapter) dault3883 (that damn corkscrew!) Schnizz58 (installing vrHive now) inthebagbud (thats a damn good database you've got) Synystr (then we'll see later on panther forum

Biggest problem is finding best brake point (I used to brake much much much too late) and KEEPING MOMENTUM with a good line

If you'll see a guy with ossy in ID ramming into your bumper, be kind; I'm not a dickhead, I'm just looking for a good place to slow down

Thanks a lot!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mahjik, Schnizz58

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    [1] Set your steering speed to around 9.1 [you can't do this after joining the race as the slider looks like its moving but does nothing, only by setting up the car before you join. Select car, press triangle, then set steering speed, then join the race] You will catch the slide almost before it starts and have much more feel for the car.
    [2] Always finish your breaking before turning into the corner to avoid pushing the car into understeer. This way you can brake much much later and still make the apex.
    [3] slow in, fast out.
    [4] Learn every track and use every inch of the track.
    [5] Make no mistakes. Many other drivers ahead of you will make mistakes and you will beat them.

All this is because I was shown how to drive by my son [Magician99] and at the ripe old age of 72 I now win one in five races in P.Cars.
    Hope this helps?
    Last edited by racesafegrandad; 25-07-2017 at 10:50.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, ossyoscar

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ossyoscar View Post
    Biggest problem is finding best brake point (I used to brake much much much too late) and KEEPING MOMENTUM with a good line
    When working on braking, you have two things to play with:

• When you start braking
    • How hard you brake

Pick a pressure say full braking is at a 10, start at a 7. You are breaking hard, but not all the way hard. Next, pick your braking point. With this combination, see where you end up.

• Did you not make the corner because the car didn't slow down fast enough? If so, keep the same pressure, but move your braking point back.
    • Did you slow down way too soon so you had to get back on the throttle? If so, keep the same pressure but move your braking point forward.

Once you are good with the pressure and braking point getting you into the corner at the right speed and placement, now increase your brake pressure and do it all over again. Eventually, you want to brake as hard as you can and still make the corner with good speed and this is how you work your way to it.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC1 Known Issues
    PC2 Known Issues (Coming Soon)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Roger Prynne, ShneebnaMRR108, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    XBOX1
    Watch all of the Scott Mansell (driver61.com)
    Site is full of great stuff. Watch a section, then try it out, then keep going.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Great stuff in this thread for new drivers. Can't add much that hasn't been covered but you can take a look at this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Driving-Edge-.../dp/191058407X

Still my go too real life racing. Has some amazing stuff in here. I have the app also for quick reference. When I heard about this book it was around $400 second hand on ebay before the second edition came out. I waited of course but probably the bible of racing if there ever was one.

Practice, Practice, Practice