Thread: Do a good deed - help a rookie! [Guide]

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    When working on braking, you have two things to play with:

• When you start braking
    • How hard you brake

Pick a pressure say full braking is at a 10, start at a 7. You are breaking hard, but not all the way hard. Next, pick your braking point. With this combination, see where you end up.

• Did you not make the corner because the car didn't slow down fast enough? If so, keep the same pressure, but move your braking point back.
    • Did you slow down way too soon so you had to get back on the throttle? If so, keep the same pressure but move your braking point forward.

Once you are good with the pressure and braking point getting you into the corner at the right speed and placement, now increase your brake pressure and do it all over again. Eventually, you want to brake as hard as you can and still make the corner with good speed and this is how you work your way to it.
    I would add 1 tiny thing to this already good advice. The transition from 0 input to full input is also important. A smooth build up of your brake input will also help you break harder. Helps the tire absorb the load from going foward to slowing the car down.

I started to practice it in pCars and i translated well when i went rent-a-karting couple days ago.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Somebody gave me a good piece of advice one time. They said just concentrate on one or two turns per lap. Don't worry about all the other ones, just focus on one turn and try to get it right. Then when you have it down reasonably well, move on to another corner and work on it. Also don't be afraid to experiment. Sometimes a little serendipity works in your favor and you can learn something from what you thought was a mistake.
    I just thought that this was a really good piece of advice. It's pretty much how I work on a track.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

Platform
    PC
    You probably need a plan, and to make a plan you have to undestand what to work on. There is no shortcuts.
    Read Speed secrets, Ross Bentley, Mansell is good also like someone said but Ross gives you more of the fundamental stuff.
    Find your own style to drive and work on the setup for your style, everyone is different, if you copy a setup and the guy drives differently it wont help you more than in the beginning.
    Driving fast is so much more than line and breakingpoint, if it was easy everyone could do it. Work on one particular part of your driving every time you are on track, dont just drive around.
    I could give you lots of advise but its better if you understand it yourself, but if i shall Point at only one thing that betters your laptime i would be DONT BRAKE SO DAMN LATE!
    Make it two, use telemetry.
    Good luck!
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    agreed every one's driving style is like a finger print. every one's driving style is different no two the same just like no two people play the guitar the same exact way (which iv used this analogy before too) so you have to find a way that suits you and set up the car to work with that driving style
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: ossyoscar

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    agreed every one's driving style is like a finger print. every one's driving style is different no two the same just like no two people play the guitar the same exact way (which iv used this analogy before too) so you have to find a way that suits you and set up the car to work with that driving style
    ^So true.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Right now it's absolutely unique, there's no one else trying to come out of sneaking back of a car with so many overcorrections

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ossyoscar View Post
    Right now it's absolutely unique, there's no one else trying to come out of sneaking back of a car with so many overcorrections
    you just have to find your own rythem like iv said before start off going slow around the circuit and just gradually increase the speed
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Really feel you guys are taking him to the next level, even basic "turn the car when i see a corner" will result in faster times than he is doing. i reakon his controller/wheel settings are miles off.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Really feel you guys are taking him to the next level, even basic "turn the car when i see a corner" will result in faster times than he is doing. i reakon his controller/wheel settings are miles off.
    maybe but the help we are giving him will help in the long run too
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    I have no assist, no force feedback, minimum strength on the wheel and 7,5 turningrate" And i still beat most guys on timetrial in the Radical, its not about wheelsettings, its about what you are used to.
    Last edited by VonSchwerin; 20-07-2017 at 16:17.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300